"I Rise" thread

59 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

weren't the vocals for Secret allegedly re-recorded for the Junior mixes? I seem to remember that was the rumor at the time

Not heard that before. I know she re-did CAC and NRM but the secret ones are definitely sped up even if it's a new vocal.

Some of the worst wobbly vocals are on the remixes for Take A Bow. It sounds like they changed the chords for the song and did pitch correction to match...and it sounds like she's singing while drunk. :lol:

5 hours ago, Priceless said:

Some of the worst wobbly vocals are on the remixes for Take A Bow. It sounds like they changed the chords for the song and did pitch correction to match...and it sounds like she's singing while drunk. :lol:

i hated take a bow remixes ...i also hated secret remixes but i think the bedtime story remixes are some of her best 

the dj irene mix is the best 

the vocals of i rise are indeed too slow repeated for a dance remix 

they need to speed up and and it's kind of boring always hearing i risssseeeeeeee ,......

the ghoasttown are brilliant remixes , i adore them 

Edited by skyfitswim

I think the Thomas Gold Remix might be the one for me, although I haven’t finished going through them, but I’ve had this one on repeat. Glad it got rid of that annoying brat too.

1 hour ago, tasteinmen said:

I think the Thomas Gold Remix might be the one for me, although I haven’t finished going through them, but I’ve had this one on repeat. Glad it got rid of that annoying brat too.

The ‘Kue Drops The Funk Remix’ is pretty good too. It’s interesting that the Kue remix seems to sample ‘The Greatest Hit’ by Annie, which coincidentally sampled Madonna’s ‘Everybody’...

20 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

The ‘Kue Drops The Funk Remix’ is pretty good too. It’s interesting that the Kue remix seems to sample ‘The Greatest Hit’ by Annie, which coincidentally sampled Madonna’s ‘Everybody’...

ITA. it's in my top I rise remixes. 

On 8/18/2019 at 4:34 AM, jonski43 said:

At least they didn't speed them up like junior did on secret. That's the one thing that gets me about those remixes in that are sounds wobbly.

i agree but the technology is much better now. you can change the speed without changing pitch or chopping it up the way they used to. 

On 8/18/2019 at 6:24 AM, jonski43 said:

Not heard that before. I know she re-did CAC and NRM but the secret ones are definitely sped up even if it's a new vocal.

i never heard that about NRM. they're definitely sped up and "wobbly." i know she re-recorded the vocals for DCFMA.

3 minutes ago, bardo said:

i agree but the technology is much better now. you can change the speed without changing pitch or chopping it up the way they used to. 

i never heard that about NRM. they're definitely sped up and "wobbly." i know she re-recorded the vocals for DCFMA.

Re. NRM she sings 'all comes back to me' in the remixes differently which gave it away.

12 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

I'll give it a listen, I'm also enjoying Offer Nissam's remix.

22 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

LOVE the Thomas Gold remix! :thumbsup:

https://dancingastronaut.com/2019/08/thomas-gold-shines-on-official-remix-of-madonnas-i-rise/

Thomas Gold shines on official remix of Madonna’s ‘I Rise’

BY: FARRELL SWEENEY AUG 20, 2019

Press-Shot-Thomas-Gold.jpeg

Thomas Gold has been keeping busy producing music and touring, but the artist has kept it particularly fresh for fans as he continues to diversify his portfolio. Whether with his tech house alias AU-1 or experimenting with new sounds like tropical-leaning “Seventeen,” Gold is one of those producers who increasingly has something for everyone. His latest release is his remix of Madonna‘s “I Rise,” which is the final release from recent album Madame X.

Gold spoke with Dancing Astronaut about being chosen to do the remix, explaining, “It’s a great honor to do an official remix for Madonna. I grew up to all her music, she was kind of always ‘there’ as she released so many great songs throughout the years. So when I got the request to do a remix for ‘I Rise,’ I was like ‘Yes, I want to do this, but I want to deliver something which pays respect to Madonna’s voice and the vibe of the original song.'”

The original track is a slow and sultry tune that highlights Madonna’s vocals. A slow pulsating humming in the background is juxtaposed with her singing, leaving the vocals to do most of the work on the track. Gold speaks to his goal for the remix, saying, “As the original version runs at a much slower tempo than my remix, I had to find the right way to speed up the vocal and the sounds I intended to use – without losing the vibe of the original.”

Gold keeps Madonna’s alluring vocals intact with the same cool tone of the original, but he completely transforms the BPM and enlists a vintage house style that is fitting, as those who are familiar with Madonna’s earlier releases can attest.

He explains the creative process behind what yielded his final result, saying, “I went for a classic house style approach with some well-known organ and piano sounds (hello Korg M1!), which I thought would fit perfectly for her voice. For the verses, I created a completely new chord progression. It was actually just a spontaneous idea I had, but I liked it, so I kept it. Once I had put together the basic sounds and the layout structure of the remix, it was just about creating a good flow throughout the track. I also used almost the entire original vocal, this was not too difficult, and it was fun to see how everything came together nicely.”

Ultimately, Gold trades in some of the sultry mood for more of a euphoric one, and his remix takes the track to a dance-worthy and fun-loving piece of music that showcases both artists at their finest. It’s an infectious song to begin with, but Gold’s house touch takes the track to the next level. 

“At the end, I was happy that I had been able to still maintain some of the typical ‘Madonna’ vocal sound whilst giving the music a completely fresh approach,” Gold says. “And I was super happy when I got the final approval from Madonna and her team!”

11 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

https://dancingastronaut.com/2019/08/thomas-gold-shines-on-official-remix-of-madonnas-i-rise/

Thomas Gold shines on official remix of Madonna’s ‘I Rise’

BY: FARRELL SWEENEY AUG 20, 2019

Press-Shot-Thomas-Gold.jpeg

Thomas Gold has been keeping busy producing music and touring, but the artist has kept it particularly fresh for fans as he continues to diversify his portfolio. Whether with his tech house alias AU-1 or experimenting with new sounds like tropical-leaning “Seventeen,” Gold is one of those producers who increasingly has something for everyone. His latest release is his remix of Madonna‘s “I Rise,” which is the final release from recent album Madame X.

Gold spoke with Dancing Astronaut about being chosen to do the remix, explaining, “It’s a great honor to do an official remix for Madonna. I grew up to all her music, she was kind of always ‘there’ as she released so many great songs throughout the years. So when I got the request to do a remix for ‘I Rise,’ I was like ‘Yes, I want to do this, but I want to deliver something which pays respect to Madonna’s voice and the vibe of the original song.'”

The original track is a slow and sultry tune that highlights Madonna’s vocals. A slow pulsating humming in the background is juxtaposed with her singing, leaving the vocals to do most of the work on the track. Gold speaks to his goal for the remix, saying, “As the original version runs at a much slower tempo than my remix, I had to find the right way to speed up the vocal and the sounds I intended to use – without losing the vibe of the original.”

Gold keeps Madonna’s alluring vocals intact with the same cool tone of the original, but he completely transforms the BPM and enlists a vintage house style that is fitting, as those who are familiar with Madonna’s earlier releases can attest.

He explains the creative process behind what yielded his final result, saying, “I went for a classic house style approach with some well-known organ and piano sounds (hello Korg M1!), which I thought would fit perfectly for her voice. For the verses, I created a completely new chord progression. It was actually just a spontaneous idea I had, but I liked it, so I kept it. Once I had put together the basic sounds and the layout structure of the remix, it was just about creating a good flow throughout the track. I also used almost the entire original vocal, this was not too difficult, and it was fun to see how everything came together nicely.”

Ultimately, Gold trades in some of the sultry mood for more of a euphoric one, and his remix takes the track to a dance-worthy and fun-loving piece of music that showcases both artists at their finest. It’s an infectious song to begin with, but Gold’s house touch takes the track to the next level. 

“At the end, I was happy that I had been able to still maintain some of the typical ‘Madonna’ vocal sound whilst giving the music a completely fresh approach,” Gold says. “And I was super happy when I got the final approval from Madonna and her team!”

Good for him. Honestly, it's the best remix of "I Rise". 

2 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Article says it's the final release from the album but I'm sure we'll get a bunch of crave remixes as soon as I rise is over.

yea. we are supposed to be getting "Crave Remixes" soon . it's a shame we can't get remixes from all the video's she has made from this era. Batuka, Dark Ballet, God control too.

5 hours ago, juliebean said:

yea. we are supposed to be getting "Crave Remixes" soon . it's a shame we can't get remixes from all the video's she has made from this era. Batuka, Dark Ballet, God control too.

yeah i wouldn't take this article/site too seriously. "crave" mixes are probably coming soon and i wouldn't be surprised if they release "god control" mixes after that.

Has anyone else totally fallen for this song? Upon first listen I thought it was 'fine' but lately it's been on repeat. The vocoder actually WORKS with this song perfectly and I love the way she sings it. 

Total top 5 from MX at this point. 

6 hours ago, bardo said:

yeah i wouldn't take this article/site too seriously. "crave" mixes are probably coming soon and i wouldn't be surprised if they release "god control" mixes after that.

yea. I do think we will get the crave remixes people keep asking tracy and she says when Madonna releases them. 

I know it's probably never going to happen, but I'm still hoping for a Madame X tour edition re-issue with remixes (including the not yet released ones) and possibly the videos, similar to what she did with Music during DWT

a girl can dream

image.jpeg

13 hours ago, bardo said:

Remixes are a great, and relatively cheap way of keeping her music out there especially with her core audience while the tour is on.

So hopefully she'll keep pumping them it into next year.

They've been the best mixes we've had in ages in general.

I keep seeing remix cd's like these on ebay? i'm guessing someone made them? are there not going to be offical ones like RH era Ghosttown, and Living for love?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Madonna-Maluma-Medellin-Remixes-CD/383095681844?hash=item5932483334:g:BXAAAOSwyZhcygoa

26 minutes ago, juliebean said:

I keep seeing remix cd's like these on ebay? i'm guessing someone made them? are there not going to be offical ones like RH era Ghosttown, and Living for love?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Madonna-Maluma-Medellin-Remixes-CD/383095681844?hash=item5932483334:g:BXAAAOSwyZhcygoa

I think that one is fake, but the one below is real, it's a shame these aren't getting a mainstream release, there's obviously a market for them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Madonna-Maluma-Medellin-US-promo-CD-single-OFFICIAL-7-remixes-BRAND-NEW/293196833586?hash=item4443e4a332:g:Fk8AAOSwtfpdA~~V