Medellín remixes

Msig

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Seems like a mix reaction of good and bad on these remixes.  They aren't super great to me, but they do remind me some of the old Extended mixes of her early songs where they don't necessarily change the song completely, and they try to stay true to the original.

The remixes are considered as single sales?

Medellín is doing well in the Itunes charts!

#13 ITUNES GLOBAL

And

The In the Sphinx remix is really dark and goes hard... I can just picture Madam X going all TOMB RAIDER with Maluma chasing her through the underground.

Agree that a proper reggaeton banger remix would do really well...

17 hours ago, domyeyebrows said:

There was a time I'd have said that Madame X in the Sphinx remix could form the basis of a cool Egyptian-tinged section of the next tour! I think those days are over now but it's a nice fantasy!

Why would they be over...?

Maybe someone already posted this, but just went to Maluma's YouTube site, and there you find the Medellin remixes?!? What? not yet available on M's site....

3 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Why would they be over...?

I just get the impression she's moved on from heavy choreography and anything too influenced by Egyptian culture would probably be attacked for cultural appropriation!

Does anyone know if any other remixes have been commissioned for Medellín? I heard Crave has been remixed but what about I Rise?

2 hours ago, JWAD said:

Does anyone know if any other remixes have been commissioned for Medellín? I heard Crave has been remixed but what about I Rise?

Madonna mentions on Instagram that this is "the first lot" of remixes, so I'd assume a lot more are coming. All 3 of the RH singles had 10+ remixes released, so can't see why that would change.

It’s the best effect on charts a remix has ever had since hard candy era . Heading back to top 10 worldwide !!! I love the mixes 

Sorry, but both of them sound tiring. They will do well in the club though.

dancing to the sphinx version right now. the intro reminds me of the OYH instrumental used in a madonna tour.

Edited by toujours

2 minutes ago, toujours said:

dancing to the sphinx version right now. the intro reminds me of the OYH instrumental used in a madonna tour.

yaaaas

the set me free is not bad either

I expected to be complete shit tbh, I'm very pleasantly surprised

15 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

yaaaas

the set me free is not bad either

I expected to be complete shit tbh, I'm very pleasantly surprised

same here! but now i love the sphinx version. giving the set me free a few spins, too. . 

Actually really starting to like the Sphinx mix a lot! I have it on my playlist with all 3 of the songs that have been released so far, so it's been popping up a lot.

I do like the intro to the other mix and really, it's not horrible......but I do still think it has the muscle queens on G at 3AM feel to it. 

Flop fan confession time: I never actually even listened to all the mixes from RH and MDNA so this has inspired me to go back and discover some of those. Obviously, they're a far cry from her peak 90's mixes but truly, I've enjoyed some of them! 

1 hour ago, JohnSon said:

Is it for sure that there’s no physical CDs etc this time ? Sorry if answered before I did look 

yes 100% no physical CD 

On 5/11/2019 at 7:35 AM, Kurt420 said:

Actually really starting to like the Sphinx mix a lot! I have it on my playlist with all 3 of the songs that have been released so far, so it's been popping up a lot.

I do like the intro to the other mix and really, it's not horrible......but I do still think it has the muscle queens on G at 3AM feel to it. 

Flop fan confession time: I never actually even listened to all the mixes from RH and MDNA so this has inspired me to go back and discover some of those. Obviously, they're a far cry from her peak 90's mixes but truly, I've enjoyed some of them! 

I need to revisit them as sometimes the passage of time helps me gain a new perspective. I liked the LFL old school 92 mix and a BIM tribal mix.