MADONNA! MAGIC! BATUKA! New WIGS coming '#soon'

3 hours ago, badboydrunkby6 said:

i think this is the last original album for a whiiiiiiile. i can see her doing christmas album or some sort of concept album, perhaps another ballads collection...

giphy.gif

Remember this #fakenews from DL a while back?

Beautiful Game This is scheduled to be the first single. She performed part of it at the Met Gala, but it sounds different here. It’s produced by Mirwais, and there is annoying knob tuning all throughout the song. It’s basically a rehash of “Die Another Day.”

Dos Hermanos Half of the song is sung in Spanish. It’s about two brothers who get separated because of immigration laws. It’s slow, her voice is pretty moving, but the song sounds like a parody of a white lady trying to be Hispanic. It’s not “La Isla Bonita”. It’s just cringe.

Risky Places I think this is another Mirwais track, and it sounds like Madonna is channeling Iggy Azalea here. She raps about places where she likes to have sex with the risk of getting caught: the golf course, church, her father’s basement, a cemetery, a pet shelter, and even Kendrick Lamar’s bedroom. I wish I could say this track is a parody. But….

Turn Back Time Another ballad here. Out of all the songs, this one is the only decent one. It’s actually quite touching, and is written with someone named John Henry. It’s bound to be controversial as she imagines herself going back in time to stop herself from getting an abortion. She talks about all the things her aborted child missed: little league, school field trips, video games, football practice, etc. But I can’t imagine how her fans, who are mostly pro-choice, will receive this.

Smartgun I don’t keep up with rap much, sorry, but I think it’s a duet with Nicki Minaj. It references a black teenager being shot for having a smartphone, which the police thought was a gun. Madonna sings the part of what’s going through the teenager’s mind, while (Nicki?) raps as the racist police officer (“I’m a white thug,” she keeps repeating). It sounds like a Fox News parody of well-meaning liberals.

Persistence “If you want something, you have to ask for it,” Madonna repeats throughout the song. The concentration is more on the music than any lyrics. Sort of like “Animals” by I forgot his name. It reminded me of something from the 2013 movie Gravity.

:dead:

3 hours ago, badboydrunkby6 said:

i think this is the last original album for a whiiiiiiile. i can see her doing christmas album or some sort of concept album, perhaps another ballads collection...

Hhhh is it already 6 your time?

3 minutes ago, CalinB said:

Hhhh is it already 6 your time?

not yet 😉

its been 4 years since the last album and there really werent any major projects in between. plus shes older now and not cranking out albums like a new star or something. i can see her putting out music but not in the original studio album sense...there will be original songs but not 12-15...if we thought 4 years is long...we are in for a surprise moving forward. 

if her new album is fresh and dope and gets people taking in a good way again---then maybe she'll follow up with something sooner that just my 2 cents.

44 minutes ago, MadFan said:

Remember this #fakenews from DL a while back?

Beautiful Game This is scheduled to be the first single. She performed part of it at the Met Gala, but it sounds different here. It’s produced by Mirwais, and there is annoying knob tuning all throughout the song. It’s basically a rehash of “Die Another Day.”

Dos Hermanos Half of the song is sung in Spanish. It’s about two brothers who get separated because of immigration laws. It’s slow, her voice is pretty moving, but the song sounds like a parody of a white lady trying to be Hispanic. It’s not “La Isla Bonita”. It’s just cringe.

Risky Places I think this is another Mirwais track, and it sounds like Madonna is channeling Iggy Azalea here. She raps about places where she likes to have sex with the risk of getting caught: the golf course, church, her father’s basement, a cemetery, a pet shelter, and even Kendrick Lamar’s bedroom. I wish I could say this track is a parody. But….

Turn Back Time Another ballad here. Out of all the songs, this one is the only decent one. It’s actually quite touching, and is written with someone named John Henry. It’s bound to be controversial as she imagines herself going back in time to stop herself from getting an abortion. She talks about all the things her aborted child missed: little league, school field trips, video games, football practice, etc. But I can’t imagine how her fans, who are mostly pro-choice, will receive this.

Smartgun I don’t keep up with rap much, sorry, but I think it’s a duet with Nicki Minaj. It references a black teenager being shot for having a smartphone, which the police thought was a gun. Madonna sings the part of what’s going through the teenager’s mind, while (Nicki?) raps as the racist police officer (“I’m a white thug,” she keeps repeating). It sounds like a Fox News parody of well-meaning liberals.

Persistence “If you want something, you have to ask for it,” Madonna repeats throughout the song. The concentration is more on the music than any lyrics. Sort of like “Animals” by I forgot his name. It reminded me of something from the 2013 movie Gravity.

:dead:

I'd turn in my madonna badge 

I don't think that this could be her last album at all.

It's very easy for me to picture her releasing new music after M14 in the same way that David Bowie and Prince did: no tours, just music videos and TV interviews with a few private/small shows. 

8 hours ago, stevo208 said:

It might be her last album. We should be grateful for any release. 

That's so depressing. Anyway I can't see her doing a Christmas album and I'm 99% sure she won't do a cover one, but I can see her releasing another 2 albums until 70, without doing world tours anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

Sounds like a gay guy doing a cover

It doesn’t sound like a guy. I find it odd to hear a random singer do this...seems pretty legit but then again, people are so crazy (making up listening sessions, song descriptions, mock up tracklistings etc...) I believe anything 

2 hours ago, Mensch said:

????

My personal two cents: it’s fake because it would be too much of a coincidence that a snippet of the demo was leaked which was exactly the same snippet she performed at the MET gala. I mean exactly to the note and word. 

I can see all of our balls turning blue before late spring /early summer but we better prepare for the possibility that we still are 4(!) months away from the album release lolz.