Madonna & Anitta collab

7 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Wasn't Madonna married to two men that were known homophobes at the time of the marriages?? Yes? No? If not, I'm sure we can find someone in the last nearly 40 yrs that Madonna has worked with or been friends with that has said or done something questionable. If someone thinks Anitta is garbage, ok,  but do we need to drag the political opinions of her friends in the hopes of trying to justify why Madonna shouldn't work with her? What's the point in that? If you don't like her then you don't like her, none of that "extra" shit is necessary. If we're gonna start doing this with everyone then just cancel everyone and everything right now :lol:

Love can make you blind and that was the case with Madonna's past marriages; for a lot of reasons the two of them are her ex-husbands now and probably homophobia is one of them. As for Anitta's (and her friends political opinions), those should ring the alarm with Madonna cuz that "extra shit" show her true colors without the need to pass through a relationship with her to acknowledge it, so why work artistically with someone that, when it comes to human rights, supports a leader that defends the opposite of what you fight (the good fight)? That makes little to no sense.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
On 3/27/2019 at 10:25 PM, Kurt420 said:

Wasn't Madonna married to two men that were known homophobes at the time of the marriages?? Yes? No? If not, I'm sure we can find someone in the last nearly 40 yrs that Madonna has worked with or been friends with that has said or done something questionable. If someone thinks Anitta is garbage, ok,  but do we need to drag the political opinions of her friends in the hopes of trying to justify why Madonna shouldn't work with her? What's the point in that? If you don't like her then you don't like her, none of that "extra" shit is necessary. If we're gonna start doing this with everyone then just cancel everyone and everything right now :lol:

@Kurt420, do you think Sean Penn was homophobic back then?  I know he was quite a bratty tough guy back then, but I never felt he was "homophobic".   Though, I can see why people thought he was standoffish on the issue and probably was very defensive when it came to his sexuality back then.

And yeah, I agree that we need to step back and not dissect everyone she works/associates with to death.  We do know Madonna is very supportive of Gay/Lesbians.  I doubt she digs deep in everyone she works with to see all their demons.  I'd trust if Anitta is as bad a some come off here, Madonna would have nothing to do with her.  I feel the same way towards Guy R.  Maybe he was homophobic, but I think it's been an over exaggeration on Madonna's brother's part that gave us that idea.  Personally, I think Guy just didn't like Christopher and Christopher made it about being Gay.  Though, I don't know either of them, nor haven't been in the presence of either one to know either way. 

1 hour ago, Amelia said:

@Kurt420, do you think Sean Penn was homophobic back then?  I know he was quite a bratty tough guy back then, but I never felt he was "homophobic".   Though, I can see why people thought he was standoffish on the issue and probably was very defensive when it came to his sexuality back then.

And yeah, I agree that we need to step back and not dissect everyone she works/associates with to death.  We do know Madonna is very supportive of Gay/Lesbians.  I doubt she digs deep in everyone she works with to see all their demons.  I'd trust if Anitta is as bad a some come off here, Madonna would have nothing to do with her.  I feel the same way towards Guy R.  Maybe he was homophobic, but I think it's been an over exaggeration on Madonna's brother's part that gave us that idea.  Personally, I think Guy just didn't like Christopher and Christopher made it about being Gay.  Though, I don't know either of them, nor haven't been in the presence of either one to know either way. 

It's been said Sean wasn't particularly fond of the gays back in the 80's but idk how true that is. I can remember reading that he didn't like her hanging with her HIV+ friends etc.....again, could be complete tabloid garbage. Either way, Sean is like a totally different person these days so if any of it is true, I certainly don't hold it against him at this point.

I feel the same about Anitta. If she were some demon woman I don't think Madonna would associate with her at all. I don't think she can be held accountable for what her friend says. If she supported Bolsonaro then that's unfortunate but I'm still not here to peg someone "guilty by association". If she supported him then it still doesn't mean she agrees with all of his views. Most of us don't agree with everything when it comes to who we vote for. Look at the US '16 election. On both sides of the fence, people were really gritting their teeth in the voting booth that year....lol. 

Why do people care so much about Anitta collaborating with Madonna? she is only doing one verse/featuring on one song for the New Album which is rumoured to be a reworked cover anyway...:dazed:

48 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

Why do people care so much about Anitta collaborating with Madonna? she is only doing one verse/featuring on one song for the New Album which is rumoured to be a reworked cover anyway...:dazed:

Cause she sucks in every possible way? Now matter how short her lines are?

6 hours ago, Amelia said:

4 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

It's been said Sean wasn't particularly fond of the gays back in the 80's but idk how true that is. I can remember reading that he didn't like her hanging with her HIV+ friends etc.....again, could be complete tabloid garbage. Either way, Sean is like a totally different person these days so if any of it is true, I certainly don't hold it against him at this point.

I feel the same about Anitta. If she were some demon woman I don't think Madonna would associate with her at all. I don't think she can be held accountable for what her friend says. If she supported Bolsonaro then that's unfortunate but I'm still not here to peg someone "guilty by association". If she supported him then it still doesn't mean she agrees with all of his views. Most of us don't agree with everything when it comes to who we vote for. Look at the US '16 election. On both sides of the fence, people were really gritting their teeth in the voting booth that year....lol. 

Amelia and Kurt,   I do think Sean was indeed homophobic back when he was married to Madonna.   The 80's  was a completely different time then. . People were far more bigoted against gay people and it was reported many times (  and in Madonna biographies )  that Sean was jealous and annoyed at how much time Madonna spent with her male gay friends.  Madonna and Sean come from completely different family and lifestyle situations as well.  Her friends were different from his friends and that has also been explored a lot in biographies regarding their marriage.    I know Sean is now not homophobic at all but apparently back during their marriage,  it was a lot to do with jealousy issues.   

Another reason, I always find it annoying and totally ignorant when I read young gay people online today saying that Madonna never did anything for gay people etc when she loved, supported and adored her gay friends and fans -  in a decade where ignorance and bigotry was rife.  The 80's were a brutal time in that regard.  She has always been there for her gay friends and fans and never was patronising with it.  Madonna was always done what she knows is right. 

Re Anitta,  I don't know much about her but have to say that I am suspect of her because several major Madonna fans from Brazil on this forum - who are intelligent, well informed and thoughtful posters -  being worried about her and explaining why.   The fact she supports Bolsonaro is a giant red flag.  Not saying straight out that Madonna should not feature her,  but I do know that people that come from the country she is from - Brazil - know a lot more about her and her beliefs than I ever would.  

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:29 AM, animalinstinct said:

Anitta is featured on the new Sofia Reyes single with Rita Ora *rolls eyes

A trashy song and yet got 24m views in just 2 weeks :sneaky: 

On 3/22/2019 at 10:29 PM, animalinstinct said:

Anitta is featured on the new Sofia Reyes single with Rita Ora *rolls eyes

Who's the music executive/ strategist coming up with these lame collaboration ideas? #theflopsquad

I don't know what it was before but it's a lame thread title now. Fittingly I suppose, considering it's about this fucking horrific 3rd rate Latino Rita Ora.

On 3/28/2019 at 4:17 PM, runa said:

This song is a real mess.

Yet the video in less than a month has almost as many plays as the Rebel Heart singles in 3-4 years except "Bitch I'm Madonna".

It's pretty obvious why O$eary got them together.

8 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

It's pretty obvious why O$eary got them together.

Aye but how come he hasn't figured out yet that approach just DOESN'T WORK?

Madonna's core fanbase (the ones who've stuck around) aren't enthused about her chasing these collabs with the latest pop slut.

The casual fanbase that's body swerved her recent output aren't gonna be persuaded back by it, and

The kids that are into these artists don't want "Granny" anywhere near their faves.

Clueless.

2 hours ago, Kim said:

Aye but how come he hasn't figured out yet that approach just DOESN'T WORK?

Madonna's core fanbase (the ones who've stuck around) aren't enthused about her chasing these collabs with the latest pop slut.

The casual fanbase that's body swerved her recent output aren't gonna be persuaded back by it, and

The kids that are into these artists don't want "Granny" anywhere near their faves.

Clueless.

He's been working with her since 1992 and he still has no clue on what her fans want and what works for her.

https://revistaquem.globo.com/QUEM-News/noticia/2019/04/anitta-supera-shakira-e-e-cantora-latina-mais-ouvida-do-mundo.htmll

Anitta surpasses Shakira and is the world's most-heard Latina singer on Spotify
According to Rolling Stone, the singer now has 20.6 million monthly listeners, while the Colombian currently has an average of 20.4 million.

Taking into account that Giovanni Bianco is more of a one trick pony and always use the same "art" for all of his clients...

Examples:

On 8/23/2018 at 8:07 PM, Rock said:

Meh. He also tends to use the same art for different artists, which I find quite unprofessional. Isn't he paid to be... original?

Lulu Santos, 2007 X Madonna, 2008
MI0002587519.jpg?partner=allrovi.comstickyandsweet_tour_poster1news.jpg

Marisa Monte, 2011 X Madonna, 2012
200px-Ainda_Bem.jpgO_Que_Voc%C3%AA_Quer_Saber_de_Verdade_(c220px-Madonna_-_Superstar_(single).png

Madonna, March 2015 X Fernanda Abreu, May 2015
220px-Madonna_-_Rebel_Heart_(Official_Al220px-Capa_de_Amor_Geral.pngR-6736749-1425596415-7884.jpeg.jpgamor-geral.jpg?resize=509,51520120724-pictures-madonna-mdna-tour-booklp-fernanda-abreu-amor-geral-2016-lacrad

I mean, we basically just have to look at his last work to guess how M's next artwork will look like.

Let's take a look at Anitta's new album (release April 5) art that he did direct to have a preview of what M's album art will probably look like:

anitta_kisses_popcyber-770x770.jpg
54463734_433309780738845_895315393770540

As Kevin Costner would say: neat...

53 minutes ago, Suedey said:

I really can't stand her

She is dreadful. I have tried to be open minded about her but have not seen one video of hers that has displayed any talent or star quality. All she does is twerk ( very poorly like how I would imagine a 3rd rate stripper at a bargain basement bucks night would twerk ) and her voice is average with no feeling or emotion.  She makes Rita Ora look and sound talented and classy. 

Those comparisons with Shakira are wrong too. Shakira is 100 times more talented, interesting than Anitta and can dance very well. She has musicality and genuine rthym in her movement. . Shakira has had some great songs and a unique voice. Have Shakira over Anitta any day of the week.  Shakira, Jennifer Lopez, - who have the same kind of so called sexuality etc as her are so far superior to Anitta in every way - dancing, music and star quality. 

7 hours ago, Rock said:

Taking into account that Giovanni Bianco is more of a one trick pony and always use the same "art" for all of his clients...

Examples:

Let's take a look at Anitta's new album (release April 5) art that he did direct to have a preview of what M's album art will probably look like:

anitta_kisses_popcyber-770x770.jpg
54463734_433309780738845_895315393770540

As Kevin Costner would say: neat...

Giovanni Bianco didn't work as M's art director for this new album though...