Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

I love blind optimism in some situations but its a fool me 3-4 times scenario here. I think they wont, lets not pretend Madonna will make it happen if the suits cant swing it. If her artistic vision for a double album is compromised l doubt she can push a reduced profit tour to do the right thing for fans. Business is business.

And yet the chick with chicken legs and no rhythm is touring at the exact time late 2015 / early 2016 selling out stadiums across the country. Maybe promoters would rather hedge their bets on Taylor who is less of a risk and is a sure fire bet?

And yet the chick with chicken legs and no rhythm is touring at the exact time late 2015 / early 2016 selling out stadiums across the country. Maybe promoters would rather hedge their bets on Taylor who is less of a risk and is a sure fire bet?

And adding second nights at stadiums!! (well, in Melbourne its a soccer stadium, not the MCG). It would be cool if TS was a guest at M's shows but they wont be here the same time. TS will be gone by Christmas and M wont be here until February (on the assumption she is doing Rad Laver, the tennis is on all of January).

0.o that means there wouldn't be any casual fans as the tickets all went to the die hard fan base in minutes. They should have just kept adding more dates to take advantage to make more profits. Was this also the case for Reinvention tour?

Actually, it seemed like all the the ticket scalpers managed to get most of the tickets because the next day there were tons of tickets on eBay. But it also depended on the city/venue. Some probably sold faster than others but I believe everything pretty much sold out right away. She didn't add dates because she had Rocco the year before and back then she was not used to long tours anyway. I don't know about RIT. I missed that one.

I don't mind the idea of an arena show way more intimate but what worries me is talk of only sydney & Melbourne. If that's right the demand would be immense with people from other states & NZ coming, then she could charge through the roof but would be still hard to get tix especially if she only did a few shows. To be honest it probably wouldn't be worth her while or profitable to come all this way to do that. I think eminem did stadiums a few years back & he made something like $8 or $9m a show if she did all capital city's & 2 shows in each city that would be $80 or $90m way more profitable than say $3m a show in an arena.

I don't mind the idea of an arena show way more intimate but what worries me is talk of only sydney & Melbourne. If that's right the demand would be immense with people from other states & NZ coming, then she could charge through the roof but would be still hard to get tix especially if she only did a few shows. To be honest it probably wouldn't be worth her while or profitable to come all this way to do that. I think eminem did stadiums a few years back & he made something like $8 or $9m a show if she did all capital city's & 2 shows in each city that would be $80 or $90m way more profitable than say $3m a show in an arena.

It makes no sense to do arenas in Australia and in South America. She will probably do stadiums. It's the 2nd leg of the tour anyway, they can reboot it for a stadium audience.

I'd say to all my fellow Aussie fans that if we don't have any news by June / July, make sure if you want to see her you have a plan B in place - some worried fans I know have bought tickets to USA shows just in case - personally after being burnt by MDNA I'm locked in for 3-6 euro shows in December.

I know it's hard and I really hope it works out this time - the media will slam her even harder this time if she doesn't and that Today show announcement will be played over and over again.

Supposedly doing arenas is way more profitable than doing a stadium tour. I don't know the math that goes behind it, but I heard it several times.

wouldn't it suffice to just look at the gross figures? are stadium shows more costly to set up? I know M had a different stage for stadiums, but i doubt that alone reduces the profit drastically

wouldn't it suffice to just look at the gross figures? are stadium shows more costly to set up? I know M had a different stage for stadiums, but i doubt that alone reduces the profit drastically

there would be higher costs for stadiums - there is no hard floor so they would have to put something down before the stage, the bigger size would mean hiring more security and attendant staff etc, and, depending on the venue, they might need to pay for things like repair of the grass afterwards. Maybe the stadiums also charge a higher fee to cover higher costs of lighting and things? but im a little surprised, I woudl have thought that even with all these things stadiums would still earn more profit.

A friend who works for ticketek has said he has heard similar reports to what was already posted here. Arena tour for sydney & melbourne only, told that tickets will be through the roof, dates planned for february, thats all he knows at this moment in time!

well thats it then. I hope they actually wait a while before selling, let us save up the money. I hope that also means she ends the tour in melbourne, will be a bit special.

A friend who works for ticketek has said he has heard similar reports to what was already posted here. Arena tour for sydney & melbourne only, told that tickets will be through the roof, dates planned for february, thats all he knows at this moment in time!

ok, so that would probably mean January for Asia...

Guest bluejean

I think both Asia and Australia will happen.

Truth be told demand isn't as high in Europe and North America as the previous tours. They're going to want to do as many dates as MDNA and S&S (1&2). They are going to have to add other markets they haven't done before. Unless they do South America again.

I also don't think Oz fans should rush and buy US tickets just yet. There will be other dates added even if its not in Australia. She's not going to stop at 45 dates or so. They'll be more dates later on.

I think just keeping the tour to Sydney and Melbourne with high tix prices is probably a smart move. Less overheads, more dates and huge demand which will make the tour look like a smash hit.

It does kind of suck tho that some of us have been loyal for 25 + years (basically my entire life) and she's more concerned with $ than rewarding her fans who have lined her pockets for years and were maybe too young to attend The Girlie Show.

Her show production are very expensive to put on, people need to be paid etc, travel costs for production. If they weren't so costly, I'm sure the prices would be reasonable.

I think both Asia and Australia will happen.

Truth be told demand isn't as high in Europe and North America as the previous tours. They're going to want to do as many dates as MDNA and S&S (1&2). They are going to have to add other markets they haven't done before. Unless they do South America again.

I also don't think Oz fans should rush and buy US tickets just yet. There will be other dates added even if its not in Australia. She's not going to stop at 45 dates or so. They'll be more dates later on.

Oh No. I read it was selling out. No?

Sticky and Sweet is truly mindblowing if you will look at the stadium grosses... and at the speed at how it was sold out... MDNA Tour sold really quickly as well especially in the US because of the Super Bowl effect...

Will she do Australia, Asia and South America in the New Year? I really hope it happens this tome for the Aussie fans. And Japan too, this market used to be hers, look at it now, she needs to do something there.

Sticky and Sweet is truly mindblowing if you will look at the stadium grosses... and at the speed at how it was sold out... MDNA Tour sold really quickly as well especially in the US because of the Super Bowl effect...

Any word on sales for this tour?

I'm pretty sure that they will announce the second leg in May and it will be from the end of January to the end of March.

If they are waiting this long is because they haven't finis everything, maybe they will add Latam or South Africa to gross more.