Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

I think the most I've payed for front row in Australia was Leonard Cohen at $400

I only payed $200 for front row at Bob Dylan… I was front row for Kate Bush in the UK for AU$300-400

She really shouldn't rip off Australia just because she's made us wait so long… Live Nation are the worst for high ticket prices though.

As for travelling to see her:

Travelling from brisbane to Sydney isn't a huge problem as you can get cheap flights in sales for $80-90 each way with Virgin or Jet Star

Stay at a cheap hostel from $30 a night if you can't afford more than that?

Buy a cheaper seat at the concert… trust me I have regretted seeing concerts because of money but you have almost a year to save for accommodation and flights, you just need to get a concert ticket now/soon.

None of this information has been confirmed yet. Can we halt the drama until the announcement of the venues and prices.

But we all know these "insiders" are always 100% correct! … :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I think the most I've payed for front row in Australia was Leonard Cohen at $400

I only payed $200 for front row at Bob Dylan… I was front row for Kate Bush in the UK for AU$300-400

She really shouldn't rip off Australia just because she's made us wait so long… Live Nation are the worst for high ticket prices though.

As for travelling to see her:

Travelling from brisbane to Sydney isn't a huge problem as you can get cheap flights in sales for $80-90 each way with Virgin or Jet Star

Stay at a cheap hostel from $30 a night if you can't afford more than that?

Buy a cheaper seat at the concert… trust me I have regretted seeing concerts because of money but you have almost a year to save for accommodation and flights, you just need to get a concert ticket now/soon.

Oh wow that seems doable. I've never bought tickets or accommodation anywhere so I'm oblivious to know much the prices can be but your advice keeps my hopes up!

I'm 21 and just graduated from uni. I just don't have the money.

I was willing to pay big bucks for an expensive ticket in Brisbane seeing as though it's probably my only chance I have to see M. I just can't afford to also pay for flights and accommodation in Sydney.

It's okay, I'm used to the disappointment.

If the ticket prices are lower than I expect there might be a possibility that I can go. We'll see!

Ive seen your picture in the lounge thread ... if you come down to the melbourne show you can stay with me!

We'll get M at the ass end of the tour in the ass end of the world... so I can definitely see her not being bothered to do multiple shows in multiple cities. But then again... there will be huge demand, ergo $$$$$.

I'm sceptical that there will be no Brisbane or Perth shows, even Adelaide...

Fleetwood Mac just announced a tour here and left Adelaide off and because of the outcry from fans are now adding an Adelaide show...

It would ultimately be in her best interest to do at least 1 show in all major cities, plus multiples in the ones that sell out instantly...

Also I only payed $150 to be up front for Kylie Minogue, if she charges too much it could well back fire.

I guess my limit would be AU$300… They will obviously go the "VIP" ticket experience thing.

But to be honest those tickets are pretty crappy and all you get is a lousy show bag and "imagined VIP" treatment, you don't get to meet her!

I have bought regular seats and been closer to the stage than friends who have bought VIP tickets!

I paid $160 for Kylie in Brisbane and was in the lower levels of the stands (the General Admission tickets were cheaper than the seated tickets, which is usually the case). VIP for Kylie Minogue was $400 in the seated section right in front of the catwalk). I checked last week and there was one seat available right in the front row, but I'd already bought my regular ticket.

Floor seats and the lower levels of the stands in the US cost the equivalent of $520 (Australian) for Confessions in 2006. They're around the same now (our dollar is stronger than it was back then, but much weaker than it was a few years ago). If she tours arenas in Australia, we need to expect to pay at least the same as the Americans (i.e. over $500 per ticket). VIP tickets (i.e. guaranteed good tickets without the stress of having to try to get a decent ticket in the bun fight that will be the general ticket sales) will, without a doubt, cost an absolute fortune.

The ticket prices will be the highest this country has ever seen.

so we're talking higher than The Rolling Stones? ouch!

I've got $1000 ready to spend on tickets... Plan on one great seat for 1 show and then 2 middle of the road seats for 2 other shows. Have plenty of time to save for flights and accomm. so will be spending what I have saved now on tickets :lol:

Haven't seen her live before, and she won't be back to Australia again, so going to make the most of it while she's here :)

Fleetwood Mac is $300 , up to $1100 VIP…

How much was the Rolling Stones?

Now expecting Madonna to be around $400-$500, not including VIP

Rolling Stones were around $580 for floor and majority of 1st and 2nd level seating

Remember Matt in Birmingham, ill bring a load of things for you. I was supposed to send you some old tickets last year but ended up in hospital. Ill bring this and all loads of 80's UK tatt! Ive got no room and like to give. x

Fogel is particularly excited about the Pacific Rim leg of Rebel Heart. "She has never played in Southeast Asia, and she hasn't been in Australia or New Zealand in probably 25 years," he points out. "It's kind of bizarre when you think about it, that a superstar like that hasn't been to a pretty regular touring area for 25 years."

When Fogel began working with Madonna in 2001, though she was already an international star, she was not known as a particularly active touring artist. "She was probably the most under-played superstar ever," he says. "Since then, we've covered a lot of territory, but Asia and Australia are really the last major territories we'll get to over the course of the last 15 years of touring."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6487508/madonna-to-launch-rebel-heart-world-tour-in-august?mobile_redirection=false

who is Fogel and why is he into rimming

So, is there any news?

Has she apologized for not coming to Australia this time or not yet? :newspaper:

Live Nation Australia:

"Madonna's Australian tour dates are expected to be announced soon. Sign up below to be notified of any announcements."...

not sure if this has been recently updated to this status?

https://www.livenation.com.au/artists/madonna

Live Nation Australia:

"Madonna's Australian tour dates are expected to be announced soon. Sign up below to be notified of any announcements."...

not sure if this has been recently updated to this status?

https://www.livenation.com.au/artists/madonna

That's been up there since the tour was announced at the start of the month, nothing new sadly.

Well the LiveNation pre-sale for Fleetwood Mac yesterday has me really worried when Madonna tickets go on sale...

I bought Premium tickets at $300 each as soon as pre sale started and they weren't that great or close to the stage.

In fact it looks like the majority of the whole entertainment centre seats were at the $300 price mark!

Once premium tickets guaranteed you would be on the floor, and close to the stage.

To rub salt in the wounds, out of curiosity I went back to the pre-sale almost 2 hours after it had started and it offered me 4th row seats…

The seat selection is so random, you'd think they would offer the best seats up first, so first in best dressed… but no

end rant

there really should be a better way to allocate so that people can get the seats they want. Maybe when you buy tickets there a little quiz about Madonna and the higher your score the better ticket you get!!

Oh, and if there's a standing section, please let short people to the front. I always get stuck behind all the giraffes.

Hi all, a little more news - nothing too positive, I'm afraid: the planned tour announcement has been pushed back to May. :( Nothing else has changed, it's still scheduled to be Sydney and Melbourne only and they're talking 12 days in Australia. Having said that, no firm dates have been locked in, no venues have actually been booked and they won't be until the Asian dates are secured. Because frankly, without Asian dates the profit margins on Australia are seriously diminished (it would be prohibitively expensive to bring the tour to this side of the world for a few dates in Sydney and Melbourne).

But we all know these "insiders" are always 100% correct! … :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm no kind of insider and don't claim to be - I just happen to know people at Live Nation Australia working on this tour. That's all. I don't particularly care whether you believe me or not, I just thought some other fans might appreciate me sharing what I know - which isn't much.

I have a friend who works in catering at the tennis centre. She informed me that Martina Navratalova is going to be the opening act for the Rebel Heart Tour, considering both have been confirmed for Australia for January.

Thanks for the info ipex, it seems impossible to find anything anywhere else on the web about it.

No probs, I wish I had more to report. The only other thing I can say is that apparently the negotiations have been a bit of a nightmare, lol. TBH, I kinda feel like this tour is slipping away like all the others BUT I've been assured it's definitely going ahead in early 2016 - it's just a matter of the Asian dates being locked in first. So that's something positive at least! :)

No probs, I wish I had more to report. The only other thing I can say is that apparently the negotiations have been a bit of a nightmare, lol. TBH, I kinda feel like this tour is slipping away like all the others BUT I've been assured it's definitely going ahead in early 2016 - it's just a matter of the Asian dates being locked in first. So that's something positive at least! :)

I wish they hurry with the Asian dates! It does feel like the case of the MDNA tour again. Edited by Martini123