Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

Guest Rachelle of London

Where does this come from?? Roger Friedman?

Except the shitty article from some New York tabloid, I've seen only articles about sold out shows and second shows added.

Check on ticnetmaster Moka. You don't have to read articles. You can still get tickets for most shows.

Guest Rachelle of London

I don't get why everyone is so shocked she isn't selling out so fast..

it only happened like that with the MDNA tour because of the super bowl..

Not true. Madonna has sold out almost instantly since the Virgin Tour. In fact there was already a decline for MDNA as some European shows didn't sell out til last minute. At the end of the day she sells tickets quicker than most. They just need to announce the Asian and Australian dates soon.

during RIT she sold out 100,000 tickets within an hour! (50,000/show & they added a 2nd date right away).. I remember reading she had over 1 MILLION visits on the ticket-selling site in my country when she first got here. it was INSANE. meaning almost literally 1/10th of my country's population at least checked out the website early in the morning to purchase a ticket. can you imagine that? that's the kind of star she is.

she's normally one of those "sold out in 2 minutes" kind of stars. keep that in mind. it all changed after sticky because she over saturated the market. but MDNA still did fine though, compared to rebel heart now. that's why it's good to tour australia & asia as well. not just to keep the promise & also to get the positive press of sold out shows in record time. (thats also why I don't want her to make it too expensive in australia.. it's those "sold out in record time" articles that easily get spread and make for great promo to sell the other tickets in europe & US.

Guest bluejean

Look the tour isn't selling as well as previous tours. It's not made up, it's a blatant fact to those prepared to open their eyes. Compare the number of shows in North American to MDNA or Sticky.

Nothing to get defensive about, we're just pointing out what's obvious.

Someone I used to work with walked up to the Box Office an hour before "The Girlie Show" started in Brisbane and got a Gold Circle ticket (he bragged about it at work when I saw him and said that the tickets must have been selling really poorly for such good seats to still be available on the night). They were still selling tickets for the entire stadium on the night, yet the media reported that it was sold out by midday on the day that tickets went on sale (they kept releasing additional tickets due to "changing sight lines" or something). Friends who were in the stands said that there was a whole section of covered up seats within the GC, which annoyed them, because they had tried to get GC tickets and weren't able to.

Since this was before the Internet, the only way to get tickets was by lining up, phoning or faxing in a ticket order. I lined up and also sent a fax order in for one GC ticket. The conditions were that if your preferred ticket type was unavailable by the time they reached your order, you were given the next best ticket available. I ended up with a single ticket way at the back of the stadium, which indicated that not only were the GC tickets all sold out, but most of the venue was full very early on (I sent my fax a week before tickets went on sale). The point is that even with a show that's easily considered to be the hottest ticket in town, it was still possible to buy tickets right up to the night of the show.

Hey Carta, I can answer that - I have the whole GS Brisbane file from Ticketworld as worked for them from 1994-1999 - the reason Gold Circle tickets were put on sale just before the show was because Frontier Touring guest tickets not used were released which was standard practice back then - additionally for safety reasons there had to be a barrier and space between the GC and standard field tickets. The second lot of additional tickets that went on sale when the date was pushed back a day were General Admission standing at the back of the field seating and other areas not restricted by lighting tours and at the side view of the stage. Hope this helps!

Thanks Matt! I remember discussing this with you years ago, although it's always good for others to see the info, too.

Attendance was 45k, wasn't it?

yes im getting nervous as well. M's people, if you read this: if she cancels again NOW i don't think there's a turning back. she really has to perform in australia for the tour. she even got a #1 for her album there.

and just that she isn't selling a lot of tickets in the US and europe now should even make them wanna tour australia even MORE!! australia & asia is gonna "save" this tour in terms of grosses!

OMG the media here would go into a frenzy!

We've waited so long to see her tour it would be HUUGE...

Just heard on nova 100 that they are co-sponsering the upcoming tour, the presenter said so after playing ghosttown . Dates should be announced next month!!!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYY

I received a response from Live Nation this morning - the Madonna link was removed from the front page due to no updates and other confirmed promotions needing the space. The page remains active on the website and they have no new information

I don't get why you Aussies who were fans from the 80s simply move out of Australia to London or somewhere for good. Than you can see every madonna tour possible.

I'll take that comment as heavily loaded with sarcasm :manson:

Not really. They might as well, especially if they were there from 80s and 90s.

I'm Aussie but can't move out of here yet because I'm only 19.

Please tell me you are not serious. You can't expect people to leave the country they love, their families, jobs and lifestyle for tours.

I don't get why you Aussies who were fans from the 80s simply move out of Australia to London or somewhere for good. Than you can see every madonna tour possible.

WTF

Guest bluejean

:rotfl:

And to add to that unless your parents were born in the U.K. there's a whole complicated process of getting residency there. They don't just let any old 19 year old bogan move on over :lol:

The U.S. would be even harder unless you won the green card lottery.

19 or not, what an idiotic thing to say! :manson: