Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

(it would be prohibitively expensive to bring the tour to this side of the world for a few dates in Sydney and Melbourne).

then she could just do more dates and cities here. If it was just areans, Im sure she could sell at least 20 nights. or just do stadiums and be done with it.

but thanks for the info ipex!!

No probs, I wish I had more to report. The only other thing I can say is that apparently the negotiations have been a bit of a nightmare, lol. TBH, I kinda feel like this tour is slipping away like all the others BUT I've been assured it's definitely going ahead in early 2016 - it's just a matter of the Asian dates being locked in first. So that's something positive at least! :)

Could you tell us what Asian cities she's looking to perform in? Please!

No probs, I wish I had more to report. The only other thing I can say is that apparently the negotiations have been a bit of a nightmare, lol. TBH, I kinda feel like this tour is slipping away like all the others BUT I've been assured it's definitely going ahead in early 2016 - it's just a matter of the Asian dates being locked in first. So that's something positive at least! :)

I think they should be able to lock in some Asian dates, Japan for sure, so am fairly confident :)

why would they be having trouble in negotations? the arenas wanting a bigger cut? the days in which she can perform? who has exclusive rights for this or that? i dont get it.

Wtf at this it would be too expensive to bring it here crap. She is THE ONLY major touring act that doesnt come here. FUCKING EVERYONE comes here.

I just don't fucking get it. If the dates aren't announced by May and she cancels she will completely lose her fan base here. There are so many casuals that already can't stand her for not coming here and fans that are holding on by a thread. This is her last chance.

If she doesn't care about Aussie fans then that's her right but it would really be a shame.

I'm going overseas anyway so no big deal for me but I'd love to be able to take my mum and have M being the talk of the town here for once.

Could you tell us what Asian cities she's looking to perform in? Please!

I really don't know sorry - all I know is Australia will be locked in after the Asian dates are secured. I'm assuming that means the Australian dates will occur after Asia and that the tour will end here, which is kinda cool. I'm presuming it will be more than just Japan but that's my assumption. If she goes to Hong Kong or Singapore, I'm gonna go to one of those too in addition to Sydney and Melbourne. :)

why would they be having trouble in negotations? the arenas wanting a bigger cut? the days in which she can perform? who has exclusive rights for this or that? i dont get it.

I assume the conversation goes like this:

"Tickets will be a gazillion dollars each"

"Well, I dont think we can charge that much and sell a whole arena"

"Well if we can't sell an arena, we wont come"

"Well, acts in arena usually charge under $100 for a standard ticket and up to $200 for the good tickets"

"Hahahaha, goodbye"

seriously, the local promoters would be realistic about prices and given her record sales, would be well anxious about high prices. And I think that the way it works is that the local promoters get stuck with the risk of ticket sales, so would be unwilling to commit if M's people were asking too much.

Guest Rachelle of London

Wtf at this it would be too expensive to bring it here crap. She is THE ONLY major touring act that doesnt come here. FUCKING EVERYONE comes here.

I just don't fucking get it. If the dates aren't announced by May and she cancels she will completely lose her fan base here. There are so many casuals that already can't stand her for not coming here and fans that are holding on by a thread. This is her last chance.

If she doesn't care about Aussie fans then that's her right but it would really be a shame.

I'm going overseas anyway so no big deal for me but I'd love to be able to take my mum and have M being the talk of the town here for once.

It seems that LN take the p*** with Madonna and certain markets. They charge so much for the SA shows and use the excuse its because it costs a lot to bring the tour over there which I dont think they can get away with Australia,

Seriously the argument it won't make a profit is pretty flimsy... and even it that were the case, it's in Madonna's best interest to do it anyway and have other tour dates subsidise any 'losses'.

If she doesn't come for this tour, it's OVA for her in Oz-straya.

How does Fleeteood Mac get away with high ticket prices? They don't sell anymore records here than Madonna does.

I suppose they have been very loyal to their Aussie fans tho.

FMac gets a pretty high nostalgia crowd who only come out to concerts once every year or two. And the oldies know they are getting all the old hits.

If Madonna did a greatest hits (with special focus on the 80s) she would set new records, but everyone knows she will do mostly new material which they havent heard.

Remember that a lot of people whinged at the Girlie Show because she didnt do LAP and Material GIrl!!!!!!!

FMac gets a pretty high nostalgia crowd who only come out to concerts once every year or two. And the oldies know they are getting all the old hits.

If Madonna did a greatest hits (with special focus on the 80s) she would set new records, but everyone knows she will do mostly new material which they havent heard.

Remember that a lot of people whinged at the Girlie Show because she didnt do LAP and Material GIrl!!!!!!!

But Girlie seems to be like a landmark moment for Madonna in AUS and ppl remember fondly yes? Or no? :lol:

She's going to come to Australia. I'm trying to be positive about things at the moment. No sense in just creating dread. Madonna probably wants to come too tbh!

Guest Rachelle of London

She has to go back. I can feel it in my bones. C'mon M/LN just confirm the bloody dates! She needs to go Toorak and meet Gina Liano

Live Nation are the worst for over priced shows.

I have noticed a lot of these really expensive shows here fail to sell out just for that reason.

Often they end up reducing whats left by up to 50% off just to fill the venues...

Live Nation are the worst for over priced shows.

I have noticed a lot of these really expensive shows here fail to sell out just for that reason.

Often they end up reducing whats left by up to 50% off just to fill the venues...

It seems they extort local promoters, who then can't sell the tickets with a healthy margin for themselves and then end up discounting to at least make something.

Well if she doesn't come here to Aus then this will be the final straw for her in Aus. She's going to get so much shit for this especially from her fan base.

I don't know ... People said the same after the confessions cancel, and then again after sticky and sweet, and again when mdna was looking shaky .... And yet she can still get a #1 record here when she doesn't in other places. There's enough core fans that are loyal.

It seems they extort local promoters, who then can't sell the tickets with a healthy margin for themselves and then end up discounting to at least make something.

LiveNation Australia are the local promoters since they set up shop here and bought out Michael Coppel a few years ago, I think he's their current CEO

I don't see why Australia should still support madonna if she cancels tbh. Those people who have been fans since the beginning would have missed out on pretty much all her tours except one and yet they still give her top 10 hits. If they stop supporting her, Madge will feel guilty and come and live in Australia for good to say sorry and beg to make her single top 10 <3

Edited by Martini123

I paid $150 for Kylie and got to the very front row with no problem, paying half of what the early entry holders had to pay.

You're really comparing Kylie to Madonna? I paid $300 for one ticket for DWT back in 2001. It was all I could find since she hadn't toured for 9 years at the time and the tickets were all sold out in minutes. It's been 23 years for Australia...Good luck!

You're really comparing Kylie to Madonna? I paid $300 for one ticket for DWT back in 2001. It was all I could find since she hadn't toured for 9 years at the time and the tickets were all sold out in minutes. It's been 23 years for Australia...Good luck![/quote

So getting tickets for any of the Drowned World shows was practically impossible and a huge struggle, even if you had the money?

Edited by Martini123

You're really comparing Kylie to Madonna? I paid $300 for one ticket for DWT back in 2001. It was all I could find since she hadn't toured for 9 years at the time and the tickets were all sold out in minutes. It's been 23 years for Australia...Good luck![/quote

So getting tickets for any of the Drowned World shows was practically impossible and a huge struggle, even if you had the money?

Yep! Mind you, it was back in 2001, but I waited an hour for the AOL pre-sale thing and when it went live I kept clicking and their servers were overloaded and in about three minutes of non-stop refreshing and clicking it was sold out. I bought my ticket on eBay for more than double the original price. Back then no one knew she would tour again every three/four years so I wasn't willing to wait another nine years (little did I know...).

P.S.: My seat was in upper upper tier... the floor tickets were going for thousands on eBay. I don't think Stubhub was around by that time. If it was, it wasn't well known. I remember being so happy that I was able to outbid everyone else that wanted that crappy ticket! The things I have done for Madonna...

Yep! Mind you, it was back in 2001, but I waited an hour for the AOL pre-sale thing and when it went live I kept clicking and their servers were overloaded and in about three minutes of non-stop refreshing and clicking it was sold out. I bought my ticket on eBay for more than double the original price. Back then no one knew she would tour again every three/four years so I wasn't willing to wait another nine years (little did I know...).

P.S.: My seat was in upper upper tier... the floor tickets were going for thousands on eBay. I don't think Stubhub was around by that time. If it was, it wasn't well known. I remember being so happy that I was able to outbid everyone else that wanted that crappy ticket! The things I have done for Madonna...

0.o that means there wouldn't be any casual fans as the tickets all went to the die hard fan base in minutes. They should have just kept adding more dates to take advantage to make more profits. Was this also the case for Reinvention tour? Edited by Martini123