Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

I don't see how bad sales in other continents equal less dates in Australia. If anything it means they'll want to do MORE in Australia, New Zealand and Asia.

Bad sales? Most of Europe have second dates, US now adding second dates, she is doing just fine!

OK, I have some very reliable info. Apparently it's going to be Sydney and Melbourne ONLY - Allphones Arena in Sydney and Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne. Some 'tour' - more like a whistlestop visit to two cities!

Expect one date in Sydney and one in Melbourne to be announced initially - with room for a few more to be added - but only in Sydney and Melbourne, she is NOT doing Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide or any other cities. Brisbane was on the table but has been scrapped - the Brisbane Entertainment Centre has been deemed not up to it. The ticket prices will be the highest this country has ever seen.

Edited by ipex

OK, I have some very reliable info. Apparently it's going to be Sydney and Melbourne ONLY - Allphones Arena in Sydney and Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne. Some 'tour' - more like a whistlestop visit to two cities!

Expect one date in Sydney and one in Melbourne to be announced initially - with room for a few more added - but only in Sydney and Melbourne, she is NOT doing Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide or any other cities. Brisbane was on the table but has been scrapped - the Brisbane Entertainment Centre has been deemed not up to it. The ticket prices will be the highest this country has ever seen.

I just hope that's only a rumour :(

Guest Rachelle of London

thats great! I bet that means she'll do a full SE Asian/Australia tour rather than just popping to Australia and doing loads of shows. Hope NZ is included also

Guest Rachelle of London

No doubt it will be so successful that they'll add on loads of dates in Sydney and Melbourne

No doubt it will be so successful that they'll add on loads of dates in Sydney and Melbourne

12 days is allocated to Australia (which really means 10 full days in the country), so realistically we're probably looking at 3-4 shows each in Sydney and Melbourne. Which will still equate to a lot of tickets. Four shows in both venues at capacity = 150,000 tickets.

Edited by ipex

I would hope so too - but it's not just a rumour, this is what Live Nation Australia are working on. :( Better than nothing I guess.

Is there any chance live nation plans could change and is this only because of profitability? Perhaps she will tour the rest of country on the next tour afterwards. Edited by Martini123

Guest Rachelle of London

12 days is allocated to Australia (which really means 10 full days in the country), so realistically we're probably looking at 3-4 shows each in Sydney and Melbourne. Which will still equate to a lot of tickets. Four shows in both venues at capacity = 150,000 tickets.

So exciting. Do you know which month. I guess that its arenas so weather doesnt really matter.

Aussies get your credit cards ready

Is this practically 100% confirmed? Perhaps she will tour the rest of country on the next tour afterwards.

Yep. I'm a bit disappointed TBH, I wanted a BIG tour - Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, multiple dates in each city - but I guess we can be glad she's coming at all, considering her history (or lack of) with Australia. I wouldn't hold my breath to see her in other cities in the future. But it will still be amazing and I plan to see all dates in Sydney and Melbourne (well, as many as I can afford!).

So exciting. Do you know which month. I guess that its arenas so weather doesnt really matter.

Aussies get your credit cards ready

All I know is early 2016, which we all know anyway. Yes, at least it's arenas - not only does it mean weather won't affect things but it's generally much better for sight lines and sound.

Edited by ipex

thats great! I bet that means she'll do a full SE Asian/Australia tour rather than just popping to Australia and doing loads of shows. Hope NZ is included also

Great for those who live in Melbourne and Sydney, but absolutely awful for those who don't :( Brisbane is 1000km away from Sydney and Perth is 3500km away from Melbourne. If she doesn't come to Brisbane, the ONLY chance I have of seeing a show is on a Saturday night (since she doesn't perform on Fridays and I can't travel 1000km midweek). Pretty much EVERYONE tours Brisbane. Adelaide and Perth often miss out, but no one comes all the way to Australia and only does Sydney and Melbourne, unless they're doing small club dates.

How can the Brisbane Entertainment Centre be deemed unsuitable?

Not if the tickets are too expensive. Australians baulk at spending a lot of money to go to a concert...

Well..... that sucks. I don't see why she isn't doing Brisbane?

Her outrageous ticket prices will make headlines here. She will be slaughtered in the press 😂

Guest Rachelle of London

Not if the tickets are too expensive. Australians baulk at spending a lot of money to go to a concert...

... At least she's coming. The tickets are expensive all over the world.

Guest Rachelle of London

Oh fuck off guy oseary & live nation. ready to ruin madonna's reputation AGAIN.

I doubt Madonna turns her nose up at the money considering she signed the live nation contract.

don't we have enough madonna hate going on right now? but no, we have to make them hate her even more: make those ticket prices extra expensive so they don't sell out quickly and she "disappoints" in australia again. well done team live nation & guy oseary!!! congrats!!

No one's forcing anyone to buy tickets. If people don't buy tickets when she goes once in 20 years, then it's their loss. I'm sure Madonna won't be losing sleep over it! Anyway, there's not even any official news about prices or any indication they won't sell out.

Expect one date in Sydney and one in Melbourne to be announced initially - with room for a few more to be added - but only in Sydney and Melbourne, she is NOT doing Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide or any other cities. Brisbane was on the table but has been scrapped - the Brisbane Entertainment Centre has been deemed not up to it. The ticket prices will be the highest this country has ever seen.

I knew it :(. I'll guess I'll die without ever seeing Madonna live.

I'm thrilled if it's Rod Laver Arena for Melbourne, that would feel so intimate for a Madonna tour here, everyone will have a decent seat (if they can afford it), I was always expecting stadiums.

It is a shame :( why don't you just fly over to Sydney or Melbourne though?

Couldn't u travel to Sydney?

I'm 21 and just graduated from uni. I just don't have the money.

I was willing to pay big bucks for an expensive ticket in Brisbane seeing as though it's probably my only chance I have to see M. I just can't afford to also pay for flights and accommodation in Sydney.

It's okay, I'm used to the disappointment.

If the ticket prices are lower than I expect there might be a possibility that I can go. We'll see!

I'm sceptical that there will be no Brisbane or Perth shows, even Adelaide...

Fleetwood Mac just announced a tour here and left Adelaide off and because of the outcry from fans are now adding an Adelaide show...

It would ultimately be in her best interest to do at least 1 show in all major cities, plus multiples in the ones that sell out instantly...

Also I only payed $150 to be up front for Kylie Minogue, if she charges too much it could well back fire.

I guess my limit would be AU$300… They will obviously go the "VIP" ticket experience thing.

But to be honest those tickets are pretty crappy and all you get is a lousy show bag and "imagined VIP" treatment, you don't get to meet her!

I have bought regular seats and been closer to the stage than friends who have bought VIP tickets!

I'm 21 and just graduated from uni. I just don't have the money.

I was willing to pay big bucks for an expensive ticket in Brisbane seeing as though it's probably my only chance I have to see M. I just can't afford to also pay for flights and accommodation in Sydney.

It's okay, I'm used to the disappointment.

If the ticket prices are lower than I expect there might be a possibility that I can go. We'll see!

If you really can't afford it, I suggest just buying some cheap seating tickets at the back and find some cheap hostel accommodation. Still better than nothing I guess.