Madonna's OWN favorite and least favorite Madonna songs!

LHakaLH

Favs:

Everybody (This song has been teased SO many times...)

Angel (it used to be her fav from LAV)

La Isla Bonita (Same as Music)

Live to Tell (She said it has the best lyrics)

Like a Prayer (Same as Vogue)

Express Yourself (Remember when she did this during the request section of S&S all the time? It's also the most performed song from LAP.)

Vogue (I would be very surprised if this wasn't among her favourite songs)

Human Nature (So excited to hear this on the next tour... *cough*)

Bedtime Story (She wanted it to be the lead single because she was so impressed with it)

Ray of Light (She often named this song one of her all-time favs)

Mer Girl (She didn't want Orbit to change this song or re-write it a bit bc it meant so much to her. She has also decided to perform it on DWT whilst leaving out more popular songs from ROL.)

Music (The many times she performed this...)

Impressive Instant (She wanted this to be a single so bad that she even sabotaged the scheduled release of Amazing)

Paradise (Not for Me) (She shot a video for this to be used as a backdrop on her 2001 tour promoting "Music" - the only album track to ever get treatment like this AND she has decided to perform it again although it was not a single)

Future Lovers (I think I read somwhere that it was her fav off COADF but I'm not entirely sure)

Get Together (she pushed hard for this to be released as the third single and she has performed it quite frequently during the Confessions era)

Candy Shop (Her fav from HC)

Give It 2 Me (her 2nd fav, maybe?)

Gang Bang (Her fav off of MDNA)

Least Favs:

Borderline (I think this song is kind of like Cherish to her. She replaced it during the second leg of S&S and she also didn't give a shit when fans voted for it's inclusion on MDNA)

Material Girl (she has been mocking this song from day 1)

Into the Groove (she feels retarted singing this song)

True Blue (It reminds her of Sean Penn)

Cherish (she feels retarted singing this song and she kind of mocked it during the Jimmy Fallon interview)

This Used to Be My Playground

Don't Stop (produced by Dave Hall who she wasn't very fond of apparently, her lable and radio stations were pushing very hard for this to be released as a single but Madge obvsl didn't give a damn)

One More Chance (Her least-favourite single, produced by David Foster who she was kind of pushed into collaborating with)

Amazing (see II/Amazing single controversy, she thought it was too similar to Beautiful Stranger)

American Pie (punished forever!)

Sorry (she feels retarted singing this song)

Love Spent (she didn't really seem to feel this song until she started performing the ACOUSTIC version of it on tour. It was also supposed to be only a bonus track on MDNA while B-day Song was meant to be on the standard edition lol)

Ignored/Forgotten:

Who's That Girl (one performance only for this Grammy and Golden Globe nominee?)

Rescue Me (a WW hit, she laughed out loud apparently when someone requested it to be included on S&S)

Bad Girl (Mhh...she didn't even bother to perform this at the Girlie Show...)

Erotica (album) (Is she still recovering from the 1992 backlash?)

I'll Remember (One of her most critically acclaimed songs, never performed on tour, never mentioned again.)

Secret (She said she had forgotten about this song in 2008 and even thanked her fans for "reminding" her.)

Take a Bow (Her longest lasting US #1 single...nough said.)

You'll See (I think she hates this song but I don't want to believe it.)

Nothing Really Matters (I mean seriously...)

The Power of Good-Bye (One of the biggest hits from ROL...)

American Life (Album) (I mean come on...two interludes, no performances?)

4 Minutes (kind of problematic bc it's a duet but she didn't seem to be too passionate about this being the lead single anyway)

Cherish is a great pop song. I love it and it has a great Herb Ritts directed music video !

Didn't she once say she wrote Cherish about Sean during a rare moment of happiness in their marriage that she knew wouldn't last?

I mean, with that sort of weird background, I guess I can see why she has no positive feelings for it, even if she and Sean are now friends again.

I just can't deal with her hating Into The Groove!

I remember in an interview, the interviewer was like WTF! & asked her if realises how good that song actually is.....

In 1995 Madonna said in a Swedish interview that "My Secret Garden" is one of her favourite songs she ever wrote. In 1998, when Molly Meldrum interviewed her to promote ROL Madonna said that "Like A Prayer" was her favourite song she wrote with Pat Leonard. Madonna also mentioned I'll Remember, Hanky Panky La Isla Bonita as other favourites she wrote with him. Unsure about what her recent favourites are but id like to hear them. Another mentioned in that interview was Spanish Eyes

Didn't she once say she wrote Cherish about Sean during a rare moment of happiness in their marriage that she knew wouldn't last?

I mean, with that sort of weird background, I guess I can see why she has no positive feelings for it, even if she and Sean are now friends again.

I don't think so but could be wrong. I think I read where she wrote Cherish as a song of optimism for the future. True Blue was her love song to him. I love Cherish though, it is such a romantic blissful song.

Also, Madonna tends to change her mind about songs. She said she would never sing Like a Virgin or Material girl again and then later said she was wrong and embraced them again. I remember that radio interview that Mattress make a great thread about and she groaned about "this used to be my playground" but I bet she probably has changed her mind about that too now.

I think she doesn't like to be reminded of the past. So her answers are sometimes brusque because she's annoyed.

But surely if she ever revisits her old videos with her kids, surely her opinions would be far different.

Guest bluejean

In 1995 Madonna said in a Swedish interview that "My Secret Garden" is one of her favourite songs she ever wrote. In 1998, when Molly Meldrum interviewed her to promote ROL Madonna said that "Like A Prayer" was her favourite song she wrote with Pat Leonard. Madonna also mentioned I'll Remember, Hanky Panky La Isla Bonita as other favourites she wrote with him. Unsure about what her recent favourites are but id like to hear them. Another mentioned in that interview was Spanish Eyes

Most of those songs in that interview were brought up by the interviewer and she was just asked what she thought of them.

I can't remember what she said about I'll Remember. I do remember her saying her Dad actually commented on that song and it was one of the first times he showed appreciation for her music.

Guest bluejean

A lot of these quotes are outdated anyway. There's an early 90's interview of her saying abba are boring or something to that effect, cut to 12 years later and she's saying she's always been a huge fan.

Oh and don't think never performing a song means she dislikes it either. Maybe she laughed at the Rescue Me request because the verses are all spoken. I seem to recall her reacting in the same way to Justify my Love and we know for certain she does not dislike that song.

A lot of these quotes are outdated anyway. There's an early 90's interview of her saying abba are boring or something to that effect, cut to 12 years later and she's saying she's always been a huge fan.

Oh and don't think never performing a song means she dislikes it either. Maybe she laughed at the Rescue Me request because the verses are all spoken. I seem to recall her reacting in the same way to Justify my Love and we know for certain she does not dislike that song.

O'h, I always thought she was a huge Abba fan. Glad she saw the light anyway.

if she ever revisits her old videos with her kids

I was thinking about this the other day. Even if she hasn't, i'm sure they will have had a sneaky look on youtube by now. I wonder what their reactions were to JML and Erotica. :lol:

She refused to sing Causing a Commotion at one of the S&S shows in Toronto because "singing that song makes me sound retarded"

Is it Causing a Commotion she's referring to at the beginning of this video (it's not very clear)?

Is it Causing a Commotion she's referring to at the beginning of this video (it's not very clear)?

She refuses to sing the Sean Penn songs... TB and CAC are banned for life it seems. :mellow:

My guess is that Miles Away and all the other pre-breakup Guy Ritchie songs will have the same fate.

In that Japanese special acko posted she said she liked Like a Prayrer...

When someone said that he like "I'll Remember" Madonna said that he must be very sentimental. :lol: