Madonna Instagram Thread (Oct - Dec 2014)

Apples388

Datalounge is Janet central. If you don't understand why i go hard on Janitor in the flop princesses thread there you have it. Considering many of them come here from there to read what we say about their relic flop idol i started pissing all over her when i love her music.

That`s clearly a recent picture of Madonna. You can tell by her cheeks. I really love Madonna, but the one thing I can`t stand about her is the obsession with staying young... these surgical procedures... it really mirrors our superficial culture...

But there are lots of stars in their 50s and 60s who are aging gracefully, without all the nips and tucks... Madonna should do the same... she is in such great form, physically fit, she should stay away from all that plastic surgery...

It mirrors our superficial culture huh? Says the person with a body selfie as their avatar in a Madonna forum....lol. Not that you don't look good but this isn't a4a dear. Looks like you put some time and effort maintaining that body and clearly you like showing it off....you also look old enough to be beyond that and should be worried about more important things at your age. I hope I don't sound like an assumptive, judgemental prick. ;)

Furthermore, why is it ungraceful for someone in the public eye (who as you well know gets scrutinized by even her biggest supporters for not "acting her age") to have what is (so far) non-invasive procedures? Furthermore, so what if she did go all out and pull a Cher? Why is that viewed as a bad thing for someone in her position? I'll never understand why people try to place "normal people" standards on her. She's NOT "normal", she doesn't live a "normal" life and she's not held to "normal" standards, so why should she pretend otherwise? And news flash, all those hundreds of stars in their 50's and 60's "aging gracefully"......ARENT doing any such thing. Chemical peels, lotions and potions to help the skin, obsessively exercising to try to cling to that 30-40 something body.....yeah, just because there isn't a knife involved, doesn't make it any more "graceful" than slicing or injecting.

I'm so over this she needs to "act her age" bullshit. What does that even mean?? She needs to be grey haired knitting a quilt in a rocking chair in her mansion in the countryside?? Where is the line between graceful and ungraceful and who decides that?

Just saying that some stars like Julianne Moore, Sigourney Weaver, etc look way more natural than Madonna sometimes does. It`s the curse of the cat face.... but... ok... after a while it always gets better with Madonna until she gets her next treatment (plumping up her cheeks). I just don`t want her to be virtually unrecognisable like so many other celebrities... and no... I do not like this latest picture of Madonna with all that white wrinkless skin... it looks somehow unnatural... doesn`t mean that in her next selfie she will look more beautiful than ever... that`s it.

I think there's some type of filter on that instagram picture that's making her skin and hair look lighter than it is in real life. Mike Tyson's skin looks lighter there than in other pictures of him. I see what you're saying in that it's sort of unnatural but I think that has a lot to do with the filters on the selfie.

And people like Julianne Moore and Sigourney Weaver aren't in pop music and their image isn't as important to their career so you can't really compare them to Madonna.

I've never understood when people say if you want to look good you are superficial. People can think of more than one thing at a time. I love fashion, makeup, doing my hair, but I also am interested in political issues. I don't think I should have to choose between the two.

whatever. it's not like she's making music or videos about enjoying being submissive toward a rapist like some other singer. fuck those nasty whiners.

yeah, can't wait to see the new look and total reinvention :) i think she hasn't dyed her eyebrows since DWT or hasn't had a new look since AL :)

But she is hanging out with a rapist womanbeater and is using the #unapologetic hashtag for him.

But she is hanging out with a rapist womanbeater and is using the #unapologetic hashtag for him.

I see what you're saying, but she uses the unapologetic hashtag for everything. I don't think she's endorsing his past behavior and saying he shouldn't apologize for it. I don't agree with the things he's done in the past, but if you read about him he has made an effort to try to change and be a better person and admits he did some very bad things in the past.

Just saying that some stars like Julianne Moore, Sigourney Weaver, etc look way more natural than Madonna sometimes does. It`s the curse of the cat face.... but... ok... after a while it always gets better with Madonna until she gets her next treatment (plumping up her cheeks). I just don`t want her to be virtually unrecognisable like so many other celebrities... and no... I do not like this latest picture of Madonna with all that white wrinkless skin... it looks somehow unnatural... doesn`t mean that in her next selfie she will look more beautiful than ever... that`s it.

This is not 2009. This woman decided to do that 5 years ago and the faster we all get used to it, the more we will enjoy other things!

I'm not crazy about anything beyond lotions and diet but I could handle the little things I believe Madonna has done because they seem to be a treatment that is not permanent. I am not obsessed with her looks but I DO NOT want her to go the way of some celebrities. My lord I can't even deal with the plastic faces. It doesn't look good. There is a woman who comes into my work occasionally and I just can't believe what she allowed someone to do to her face. Women do these things because the public criticizes women mercilessly for their looks and they criticize them when they buy into doing horrible things to their faces to stop the aging process. Your not going to stop it but I have no problem with slowing it down. I think there are levels and lines and I think altering your face is an extreme.

As long as she doesn't go down that road I don't really worry about her looks or what she has done. I will definitely have an opinion but won't obsess over how she chooses to look unless she is doing something that would affect her health.

I think the difference between M and some of those other women that have been mentioned is that they aren't scrutinized the way M is for a reason. And I'm actually not blaming the media/public entirely here. M has chosen to continue in a genre that celebrates youth, beauty, and sexiness. You don't see Patti Smith getting raked over the coals for looking like an ugly man, let alone a beautiful woman. Sigourney Weaver is a middle-aged actress playing middle-aged women. M, on the other hand, is competing with Miley, Katy, etc.

I think the difference between M and some of those other women that have been mentioned is that they aren't scrutinized the way M is for a reason. And I'm actually not blaming the media/public entirely here. M has chosen to continue in a genre that celebrates youth, beauty, and sexiness. You don't see Patti Smith getting raked over the coals for looking like an ugly man, let alone a beautiful woman. Sigourney Weaver is a middle-aged actress playing middle-aged women. M, on the other hand, is competing with Miley, Katy, etc.

You're just narrow minded that's all. The same people who are after Madonna for this are the exact same ones who freak out when they discover a wrinkle on their face. In know this guy who runs a club/venue in Paris who pretends being 10 years younger than he really is (pretends to be under 30 when he's close to 50), fucks only guys in their 20's and criticized Madonna for not acting her age. Of course i outed him. Just like Joan Rivers's writer Tony Tripoli who did a joke about Madonna's age on Twitter and went nuts when i joked about his own age. We had a twitrant back and forth and i won. These are just examples but it's always the ones who bark who have something to fear.

Patti Smith never got the beating Debbie Harry had and was taken seriously because she wasn't conventionally pretty, a female popstar is not allowed to be sexy, women in general are not allowed to be sexy AND smart. Patti Smith or Joni Mitchell (add Janis Joplin) never were sexy and they got respect for that. You can't be sexy AND respected. Bette Davis was respected Marilyn was sexy. Both : legends.

Sigourney Weaver had work done on her face too and she's not a popstar.

If you want to limit people then good for you but don't complain when people limit you.

Age is nothing but a number. I'm glad doesn't just preach that by saying it but by BEING it. I'm baffled by fans who still doesn't get what M is about.

From one of M's greatest songs:

No one's telling you how to live your life
But it's a setup until you're fed up
It's no good when you're misunderstood
But why should I care
What the world thinks of me
Won't let a stranger
Give me a social disease

It mirrors our superficial culture huh? Says the person with a body selfie as their avatar in a Madonna forum....lol. Not that you don't look good but this isn't a4a dear. Looks like you put some time and effort maintaining that body and clearly you like showing it off....you also look old enough to be beyond that and should be worried about more important things at your age. I hope I don't sound like an assumptive, judgemental prick. ;)

Furthermore, why is it ungraceful for someone in the public eye (who as you well know gets scrutinized by even her biggest supporters for not "acting her age") to have what is (so far) non-invasive procedures? Furthermore, so what if she did go all out and pull a Cher? Why is that viewed as a bad thing for someone in her position? I'll never understand why people try to place "normal people" standards on her. She's NOT "normal", she doesn't live a "normal" life and she's not held to "normal" standards, so why should she pretend otherwise? And news flash, all those hundreds of stars in their 50's and 60's "aging gracefully"......ARENT doing any such thing. Chemical peels, lotions and potions to help the skin, obsessively exercising to try to cling to that 30-40 something body.....yeah, just because there isn't a knife involved, doesn't make it any more "graceful" than slicing or injecting.

I'm so over this she needs to "act her age" bullshit. What does that even mean?? She needs to be grey haired knitting a quilt in a rocking chair in her mansion in the countryside?? Where is the line between graceful and ungraceful and who decides that?

THIS.

Its recent pic I think. I never liked her without eyebrows or with blond ones (didn't she learn from the HC photoshoot??????). Lets hope she grows them in time for the new album. Maybe she really really goes for a Nordic Ice Queen for the new album?

Maybe its just for the photoshoot/video. Who knows. It could be as good as the POP magazine photoshoot or better. :thumbsup:

I for once want her to look totally different for this era. No eyebrows, dark/black lips, platinum and very short hair...:lol:

Im Cher is WAY OLDER than Madonna and is also competing,with those,same pop girls

She doesnt get 1/4 of the hate that Madonna does over plastic surgery

Im Cher is WAY OLDER than Madonna and is also competing,with those,same pop girls

She doesnt get 1/4 of the hate that Madonna does over plastic surgery

I've noticed that too. Not that I think Cher deserves to be criticized for it either, but it's true that nobody says as much about her. In fact, most people seem to really like Cher. I think people find her more "down to earth" than Madonna. I don't consider her a victim by any definition of the word, but I do think the public may sympathize more with her because of her reputation of being able to "come back" so many times. Yes, M has had her comebacks but she never REALLY went away at any point in her career. For just about every year since 1983 (maybe barring '88 and '11) shes had a top ten song or album somewhere in the world. Whereas Cher seemingly drops off the face of the earth or only shows up pushing hair care products and Equal......then BAM she has a massive hit song or movie out of nowhere. The public likes that kind of thing, so Cher tends to get a free pass for some things.

I will say though, I do remember as a kid (which would be her If I Could Turn Back Time/tattooed ass period) that her surgeries and her age were more criticized.

Cher has been critisized since the late 80s! She was called "plastic" even when she released Turn Back Time, and she was 43. they even said that she got something done in her ass to have it so good. There were MUCH MORE ageism back then, simply because there was no pop star as old as cher. When she released Believe at 57 people talked about her as if she was Nefertiti . Nobody talks about Cher's surgeries because it's not news.

Madonna only got some bad press about it after Hard Candy. She can be lucky, if it weren't for Cher haters would have talked about Madonna's face since ROL.

You're just narrow minded that's all. The same people who are after Madonna for this are the exact same ones who freak out when they discover a wrinkle on their face. In know this guy who runs a club/venue in Paris who pretends being 10 years younger than he really is (pretends to be under 30 when he's close to 50), fucks only guys in their 20's and criticized Madonna for not acting her age. Of course i outed him. Just like Joan Rivers's writer Tony Tripoli who did a joke about Madonna's age on Twitter and went nuts when i joked about his own age. We had a twitrant back and forth and i won. These are just examples but it's always the ones who bark who have something to fear.

Patti Smith never got the beating Debbie Harry had and was taken seriously because she wasn't conventionally pretty, a female popstar is not allowed to be sexy, women in general are not allowed to be sexy AND smart. Patti Smith or Joni Mitchell (add Janis Joplin) never were sexy and they got respect for that. You can't be sexy AND respected. Bette Davis was respected Marilyn was sexy. Both : legends.

Sigourney Weaver had work done on her face too and she's not a popstar.

If you want to limit people then good for you but don't complain when people limit you.

I don't know how any of this makes ME narrow-minded. Of course there are hypocrites in the world. And of course obvious plastic surgery or "work" is going to get criticism and attention. Madonna is/was a sexy woman and used her body and image in her work, so therefore it's going to continue to be a focus of attention as she gets older. There are plenty of women who are sexy AND respected. Hell, Madonna was, for a time, one of those people - and it was ironically in her 40s. I just don't think there are many who make "pop" music.

I see what you're saying, but she uses the unapologetic hashtag for everything. I don't think she's endorsing his past behavior and saying he shouldn't apologize for it. I don't agree with the things he's done in the past, but if you read about him he has made an effort to try to change and be a better person and admits he did some very bad things in the past.

I honestly don't think she even thought about what the implications of using the #unapologetic hashtag would be with Mike Tyson. Like you said, she uses it for EVERYTHING.

the outtakes?

and i do remember thinking cher was a plastic surgery weirdo when i was a kid.. (mid to later 90s). i think it was the general consensus

I remember that too. And do you remember when she went through menopause and got fat? It was on every cover of every tabloid. I was actually surprised when M didn't go through a similar phase. If anything, I think she lost weight. I can't imagine being a woman in the public eye.