New Album thread: Guy O talks rubbish; M&M cover art rumours?

Guest bluejean

I may be in Canada when she tours there and I really want YannButch to come to the concert with me. We can go to a straight club afterward!

Are there any straight clubs in Canada that play Madonna, Celine Dion, Kylie and Britney? Does anyone know??

I love music in general!!

U2, Queen, the beatles, the doors, foster the people, young the giant. The franklin electric, bastille.

I really love justin timberlake too. And so much more really! I love almost every kind of music!

For club, I don't know because I'm not really into c'ub but is there any club who ever played Celine Dion?!? Unison perhaps back then but now....... Work bitch , give it 2 me, cant get you out of my head are songs I heard a lot when I go out!!

I love music in general!!

U2, Queen, the beatles, the doors, foster the people, young the giant. The franklin electric, bastille.

I really love justin timberlake too. And so much more really! I love almost every kind of music!

For club, I don't know because I'm not really into c'ub but is there any club who ever played Celine Dion?!? Unison perhaps back then but now....... Work bitch , give it 2 me, cant get you out of my head are songs I heard a lot when I go out!!

No love for Hateretha Franklin? :(

Whatever.

Sense of humor people. That's all we got till March. Peace.

It doesn't matter. It was funny though.

For some reason, my patience is strong this time around.

Obviously, the suspense and curiosity are really creeping further into my brain with every IG post,

but for some reason I just feel that she wants this era to be done the right way from start to finish. I could be wrong. I hope I'm not.

I remember from the very start of the LN deal she and Guy O were saying things along the lines of "reinventing the wheel" and trying to find a way to get the music out there."

I was really surprised that Interscope got a 3 album distribution deal out of her. I guess the MDNA era, which was great by the way, was a learning curve in terms of DIY, non-traditional vs. traditional promo.

Maybe its my age, maybe its the state of my life at this point, but I'm almost looking forward to the waiting game and the buildup to the release. I don't even want to download the leaks this time. I want a pure listening experience driving in my car at midnight, listening to it for the first time. Freaking out and feeling like a teenager again. LOL. Midlife crisis, much?

So, bring it, you #unapolageticbitch... but only when you're ready, cuz I am!

I too miss the days of not hearing anything aside from what Madonna and her label wanted us to, and when. The last memory I have of doing that was ROL - hearing the snippet of "Frozen" during the MTV teaser for the video, then hearing the song on the radio, then buying the album and listening to it for the first time (I had at wait because my LOSER college roommate was taking a nap at 4 in the afternoon after class!).

That said, it's going to be impossible not to listen to the leaks. Times have changed. But I do think listening to the album in full when it leaks is just as fun and rewarding if you make it that way. I mean, we have NO IDEA when an album will leak. I remember MDNA leaked in full pretty late on the east coast and I stayed up an extra hour just to listen to it after it downloaded. I think some fans back in the 80s and 90s might envy us. I would have killed to hear Erotica in full before the official release. I remember not even getting the CD until one or two days after it came out because I couldn't convince my mother to pick it up for me while I was at school!

I don't want music to leak, but i want OFFICIAL INFO to leak!

Like Madonna saying the date of the album, the title, the song that will be first single and the video director and who will do the pictures of the album and who the artwork.

Like... NOW!

tumblr_lmghwqcDf71qif78qo1_500.jpg

Sense of humor people. That's all we got till March. Peace.

Maybe its my age, maybe its the state of my life at this point, but I'm almost looking forward to the waiting game and the buildup to the release. I don't even want to download the leaks this time. I want a pure listening experience driving in my car at midnight, listening to it for the first time. Freaking out and feeling like a teenager again. LOL. Midlife crisis, much?

So, bring it, you #unapolageticbitch... but only when you're ready, cuz I am!

Didn't you get the memo darling? only jokes on PIZZA and FATDONNA allowed...apparently...

Anyway I admire your philosophy on waiting for the new album,

But Daddy....

34y9vgm.jpg

:lmao: Them '90s house remixes are SEX to my ears.

I enjoy the Fever mixes, but you, in your lovable way, posted a shit one! Murk Boys Miami is tolerable (if slow as hell, even for '93) but Murk Boys Deep South is shit.

I don't want music to leak, but i want OFFICIAL INFO to leak!

Like Madonna saying the date of the album, the title, the song that will be first single and the video director and who will do the pictures of the album and who the artwork.

Like... NOW!

tumblr_lmghwqcDf71qif78qo1_500.jpg

I know I can't wait for the new era to officially begin!!!!

GMAYL was shot in December.....so if the albums wrapped up in the next few weeks.....then maybe the video shoot for the first songle could happen this year!!

When was MDNA OFFCIALY announced ?

When was GMAYL OFFCIALLY announced?

In 2011 or not until 2012???

Madonna announced MDNA herself on Graham Norton on January 11th 2012 and the album came out March....

So it will be intresteing if anything is revealed this year....

But Diplo did say the single IS ready!!!

I just always thought all the versions of Fever/Bad Girl covers were kinda bland. Yeah she looks beautiful but that's never an issue w/ any. The Deeper & Deeper picture sets were so much more interesting and gorgeous. This photoshoot, where similar, IS in my top 5 pics ever

12_-_madonna_-_deeper__deeper.jpg

For Fever, imho, she should've stuck w/ some red hair pics for the cover taken/inspired by the actual video. Picture any of THESE as a single cover.. with the red vinyl to boot!

madonna-fever-video-cap-0008.jpg

madonna-fever-video-cap-0038.jpg

Either way, the FEVER red-vinyl remixes remains one of my most cherished M vinyls. Kim mentioned he didn't like the Murk Boys remix and back in the day I didn't either. But now, it's a wonderful collection of mixes in totality. Love 'em all.

Guest bluejean

Well I would consider that the Bad Girl cover (although used for that Fever vinyl.)

I don't think the video existed when that vinyl came out btw. And furthermore that Bad Girl cover is one of her best ever. Up there with Vogue, Justify My Love and Frozen.

I just always thought all the versions of Fever/Bad Girl covers were kinda bland. Yeah she looks beautiful but that's never an issue w/ any. The Deeper & Deeper picture sets were so much more interesting and gorgeous. This photoshoot, where similar, IS in my top 5 pics ever

12_-_madonna_-_deeper__deeper.jpg

For Fever, imho, she should've stuck w/ some red hair pics for the cover taken/inspired by the actual video. Picture any of THESE as a single cover.. with the red vinyl to boot!

madonna-fever-video-cap-0008.jpg

madonna-fever-video-cap-0038.jpg

Either way, the FEVER red-vinyl remixes remains one of my most cherished M vinyls. Kim mentioned he didn't like the Murk Boys remix and back in the day I didn't either. But now, it's a wonderful collection of mixes in totality. Love 'em all.

I agree about the single cover, and i also have the red vinyl, which is the crown jewel of my vinyl collection. Closely followed by Bedtime Stories on pink vinyl, and like a prayer single picture disc.

I'm really looking forward to the new album's vinyl format. However they decide to package it, but depending on the imagery of the cover, i'd like to see some sort of clear vinyl hologram-type imagery. Can you inagine if it looked like she was speaking as the record spun?

I'm dreaming. Lol.