The Talk debates Lionel's disposal music comments... Madonna's mentioned

billiejean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsOVrEuW8qc

Ugh, Madonna's first few singles are still TIMELESS. We are 30 years away from Madonna's first few singles yet those singles are still some of her most played on radio around the world, so what was the point of trying to compare Madonna's early work to the lacklustre work of popstars today? :newspaper: Only time will tell what's still played in 30 years and Madonna has proven herself to be an artist worthy of recognition. It's so annoying how some still refer to her as some flash in the pan.

Who is that woman who references Madonna? I only rarely watch this show and I have never seen her before. It really annoys how people always say Madonna can't sing and especially how this lady says no one would say she's a great vocalist. Fine, if she doesn't like Madonna's voice, but guess what there are many fans who absolutely love her voice. It may not be technically what some people consider great singing. but it's unique and expressive. It's sad that none of the other ladies challenges her on what she says.

Madonna's early music may be simplistic as far as the lyrics but they had great melodies which not a lot of current pop music always has.

Who is that woman who references Madonna? I only rarely watch this show and I have never seen her before. It really annoys how people always say Madonna can't sing and especially how this lady says no one would say she's a great vocalist. Fine, if she doesn't like Madonna's voice, but guess what there are many fans who absolutely love her voice. It may not be technically what some people consider great singing. but it's unique and expressive. It's sad that none of the other ladies challenges her on what she says.

Madonna's early music may be simplistic as far as the lyrics but they had great melodies which not a lot of current pop music always has.

I know. I hate it when ppl say "no one could argue M's not a great vocalist." Excuse me, I could argue it. I've been listening to her voice for 30 years and it's never grated on me once. Well... except for that unfortunate S&S incident when she screeched out Borderline or some shit. Other than that...

What happened to Darlene's voice? It used to be a lot lower on Roseanne.

You often see it when women become lesbians. They enjoy fisting and it effects their lower vocal range, and their pitch suddenly becomes higher.

Comparing Miley to Madonna, what is this piece of crap show?

I enjoy listening to M voice & it's disappointing that people continue to devalue her vocals. Part of what was amazing about the late seventies/early eighties was that new wave, electronic, and punk opened the door for many different types of singers, including M.

It just seems that the media people mostly respect singers who allegedly have a "good voice".....Adele, gaga, Miley, etc.

this is worse indeed because at least the view had rosie in it (and i think she returned) they're not even trying to be funny, they're just bitter old dry cunts. (sorry but its true. these women are NOT happy at all)

I started becoming a fan of madonna because of her amazing voice in evita so that woman knows shit.

Ha....and people here have said the The Talk is so much better than The View. Yeah, I don't think so. It's all crap. But at least The View used to get into it, and certainly someone like Rosie would have set them straight if this conversation was on The View. But The Talk...please, these D-listers never had a backbone, or anything very intelligent to say. It's always been The View 'lite'....very, very lite....

But lets forget wishing and hoping people properly respect M and give her credit. It's not gonna happen until, well, probably 'you know when' (I don't even want to think about it).

And as others have said...yes, far too many these days have been brainwashed to think 'The Voice/American Idol' voices, or belting yellers, are what constitutes a "good voice" for a pop singer. Sad really...and shows they know nothing about music, or artistry.

Whenever I happen to see these stupid talk shows with groups of women all babbling over each other, I cringe with embarrassment. They always put down Madonna and this is no exception. Jealousy is always horrible and I am pretty sure if she had some kind of massive break-down or faded away, they would be different which makes it even worse. I mean, they were implying that Miley is better ! Plus I truly hate all of the clapping and carry on from the audience all the time. Sharon Osbourne is such a horrible turn-coat know-it-all and who are the other idiots. What have they achieved apart from Darlene from Roseanne who used to be a fun character on the show.

Guest Rachelle of London

This show still comes on. Didn't they fire Lea Remini and holly Robinson Peete because they wouldn't suck up to Sharon Osbourne! Such a joke. Meanwhile Madonna is in the studio making her 13th album sitting on her BILLIONS!

That was really rude and disrespectful towards Madonna. I don't think I ever see people on these shows say "So and so can't act" or "So and so can't sing." It is so rare because it is very extreme. Only towards Madonna!

She can say she doesn't like her voice or her voice isn't her thing but to flat out say she can't sing and it isn't even up for debate? That is going too far. Extreme disrespect. And not one of them came to her defense.

ive watched a few clips from the view and rosie is great btw. political and says what she thinks. what she really thinks despite hate she might get. love her.

I like Rosie too. The hate she gets is from her being gay, a woman, and heavy-set. Period and everyone knows it. I remember I clicked a vid on Youtube once with the title of Rosie O'Donnell and it turned out to be 2 guys torturing then slitting a pig's throat as it screamed. Truly disgusting. That image is still burned in my head. Think what you want about Rosie but there's no denying the hate she gets is something more than just difference in politics.

Maybe I heard it differently, but to me it sounded pretty much like Aisha was actually trying to compliment Madonna? She did say the bad stuff about Madonna, but wasn't it in the line of Sure, Madonna isn't perfect and you wouldn't think she would have stood the test of time, but she actually HAS? Which is pretty true. For Madonna it isn't about the powerhouse voice.... its about being an ENTERTAINER... the complete package.

I remember I clicked a vid on Youtube once with the title of Rosie O'Donnell and it turned out to be 2 guys torturing then slitting a pig's throat as it screamed. Truly disgusting. That image is still burned in my head.

That's really disturbing. Did you report it? I hope it's off youtube now??

Im so sick of this notion that if a woman doesn't have powerhouse vocals (Barbra, Whitney, Aretha etc) then she's untalented. First of all, it's fucking stupid. Anybody that measures someone's talent purely on vocal ability is a moron. Secondly, if I ALWAYS had to listen to some AI/The Voice/Mariah Carey bullshit all the time, I would slit my wrists. Madonna has NEVER tried to be "that kind" of entertainer......which is probably why she's the most successful female vocalist in music history, she's a breath of fresh air to just as many as she repulses.

I want The Talk to discuss MALE vocalists......like Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen or even OZZY for that matter. All of whom are brilliant entertainers with timeless catalogs of music. However, NONE of them can sing like Pavarotti or Sinatra, Bennett or even Elvis for that matter. I wonder if Sharon thinks her husband is untalented since he REALLY "can't sing".......he couldnt at his peak but NOW?? Lol Ummm yeah......no wonder they stick to undermining Madonnas talent.

I don't think she was trying to be disrespectful. A lot of people objectively feel Madonna isn't a great singer, that doesn't mean they dismiss her talent as a writer or performer.

Aisha Tyler's thought was half-finished anyways. Sharon Osbourne interrupted, and Tyler pushed forward with something about Miley Cyrus.

I think her point was that you can't objectively determine what or who is going to last.

I'm def. with what a few of you said re: Aisha's comments. Much more than not she's been very complimentary and defended M on many occasions (as have the rest of the panel). She's clearly a fan and has been vocal about the 'respect' she has for her but mainly for her as an entertainer, iconic/legendary status and brilliant biz skills. Her tone during todays discussion wasn't dissing or hating- just being objective (in her mind/opinion) re: Ms vocals and the simplicity of her earlier songs. I def. don't think she finished her point (which was prob. gonna end praising what her career turned into and why etc..). Then, Sharon (of course) abruptly cut her off. Sharon more than all of them combined is the biggest bi-polar flop flopper when it comes to anything Madonna. I think the only reason she was more toned down for a while w/ the hating was 'cause her daughter got that major gig for the Material Girl clothing line (aka M was her daughters *employer*...so duh)! lol.

That was really rude and disrespectful towards Madonna. I don't think I ever see people on these shows say "So and so can't act" or "So and so can't sing." It is so rare because it is very extreme. Only towards Madonna!

She can say she doesn't like her voice or her voice isn't her thing but to flat out say she can't sing and it isn't even up for debate? That is going too far. Extreme disrespect. And not one of them came to her defense.

YES!!! :clap:

I'm def. with what a few of you said re: Aisha's comments. Much more than not she's been very complimentary and defended M on many occasions (as have the rest of the panel). She's clearly a fan and has been vocal about the 'respect' she has for her but mainly for her as an entertainer, iconic/legendary status and brilliant biz skills. Her tone during todays discussion wasn't dissing or hating- just being objective (in her mind/opinion) re: Ms vocals and the simplicity of her earlier songs. I def. don't think she finished her point (which was prob. gonna end praising what her career turned into and why etc..). Then, Sharon (of course) abruptly cut her off. Sharon more than all of them combined is the biggest bi-polar flop flopper when it comes to anything Madonna. I think the only reason she was more toned down for a while w/ the hating was 'cause her daughter got that major gig for the Material Girl clothing line (aka M was her daughters *employer*...so duh)! lol.

That is what I truly hate about these shows. Because of the constant interrupting, it was almost impossible to understand that the comments could have been leading up to a compliment and different meaning. Why these woman don't act like professionals and let each other finish, before jumping in with their views is beyond me. I have never watched this show but have seen enough of the View and various Aussie breakfast shows to know how much they all talk over each other. More than often, some of the women on these sort of shows put Madonna down all of the time and diminish her achievements and talents so it is kind of what we are used to seeing.

Ha....and people here have said the The Talk is so much better than The View. Yeah, I don't think so. It's all crap. But at least The View used to get into it, and certainly someone like Rosie would have set them straight if this conversation was on The View. But The Talk...please, these D-listers never had a backbone, or anything very intelligent to say. It's always been The View 'lite'....very, very lite....

But lets forget wishing and hoping people properly respect M and give her credit. It's not gonna happen until, well, probably 'you know when' (I don't even want to think about it).

And as others have said...yes, far too many these days have been brainwashed to think 'The Voice/American Idol' voices, or belting yellers, are what constitutes a "good voice" for a pop singer. Sad really...and shows they know nothing about music, or artistry.

Exactly. It's sad but true. It's only after "you know when" that people will start giving her more credit for all her accomplishments.