Slanderers of the Throne

Guest whatatramp

Goldfrapp sounds like an asshole. Madonna steals, but they are doing a hommage? Fuck off with that bullshit. And then Alison goes on an praises Gaga who steals from everyone (including Alison), but it's ok because she gives credit? Lady "I'm Inspired by no one". Ok.

Madonna constantly talks about the people who inspires her, but I guess these people aren't bothering to listen, so I suggest they shut up instead. And I hate how some of these people are saying that Madonna only works with people just to seem cool. Maybe, just maybe she actually appreciates them as musicians?

Nippy was getting down to Madonna's Super Bowl performance

To be fair, Whitney was quite clearly 'off her tits' when this was filmed

Shame about the Goldfrapp comments, I love her...but she's obviously a bit jealous of the success that M has

Guest Rachelle of London

I remember watching a clip of Whitney at a press conference in the 90s where she defended Madonna. The interviewer asked her something like "if Madonna had a daughter would she be ashamed of her mother" or something like that and Whitney came to her defence. Don't think she hated M at all.

Well, there was the "If my child would turn out like Madonna I would kill them" quote.

Not sure it is real though..

I think later Whitney send Madge flowers after the Hoskins incident.

Nippy respected M. She probably wasnt a fan, but she never went out of her way to shade Madonna (like Mimi, Janet, JLO, Gaga, Cyndi, Sade, Suzanne, etc).

Sorry Isaac, but you are all too young to remember Whitney in the 80's. She trashed Madonna several times although now it is near to impossible to find it on the net for some reason. I used to have scrapbooks about Madonna and in several interviews, Whitney was downright vicious about Madonna. She said that she would kill her daughter if she grew up to be Madonna, said Madonna had no talent and would not last and called her cheap etc. Said it in several interviews as well. She seemed to soften her stance greatly years later so all is forgotten but Whitney really was a massive Madonna critic. I remember it so well, because I always wondered why she had to be such a bitch for no reason. I also liked Whitney so was disappointed that she was saying such awful stuff. Madonna was asked her opinion several times through her management about Whitney's views on her and she always refused to comment.

Have to say though, that I still liked Whitney's music and respect that she seemed to completely change her tune and opinions later. So she is not a real slanderer to the throne.

Elton's husband David Furnish

sir_elton_john_and_david_furni.jpg

Elton John lost to Madonna at Sunday's Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, where the Material Girl won for Best Original Song (Motion Picture) for "Masterpiece," which she wrote for W.E., which she also directed.

And John's husband, David Furnish, was unhappy about the loss. (Madonna beat out John's "Hello Hello" from the film Gnomeo & Juliet plus three other contenders, including Mary J. Blige's "Living Proof" from The Help.)

Shortly after the 53-year-old pop singer's name was called, Furnish wrote on his Facebook page: "Madonna. Best song???? F**k off!!!"

After Madonna's acceptance speech -- the orchestra even started playing in an attempt to cut her off -- Furnish's rant continued.

"Madonna winning Best Original Song truly shows how these awards have nothing to do with merit. Her acceptance speech was embarrassing in its narcissism," he wrote. "And her criticism of Gaga shows how desperate she really is."

Guest Rachelle of London

Sorry Isaac, but you are all too young to remember Whitney in the 80's. She trashed Madonna several times although now it is near to impossible to find it on the net for some reason. I used to have scrapbooks about Madonna and in several interviews, Whitney was downright vicious about Madonna. She said that she would kill her daughter if she grew up to be Madonna, said Madonna had no talent and would not last and called her cheap etc. Said it in several interviews as well. She seemed to soften her stance greatly years later so all is forgotten but Whitney really was a massive Madonna critic. I remember it so well, because I always wondered why she had to be such a bitch for no reason. I also liked Whitney so was disappointed that she was saying such awful stuff. Madonna was asked her opinion several times through her management about Whitney's views on her and she always refused to comment.

Have to say though, that I still liked Whitney's music and respect that she seemed to completely change her tune and opinions later. So she is not a real slanderer to the throne.

Was this in the press or did she actually say it? Didn't the press try to pen Whitney as the good girl vs Madonna as the bad girl ultimately creating a "feud" between the two

Was this in the press or did she actually say it? Didn't the press try to pen Whitney as the good girl vs Madonna as the bad girl ultimately creating a "feud" between the two

Chelle, she definitely said it. I read two interviews with her where she was scathing about Madonna and one of them was a question and answer type. Both times she was really vicious about Madonna. I thought it was outrageous when she said that if she had a daughter that grew up to be like Madonna, she would kill her but she did say it. The reporter interviewing her was quite stunned as well. It was when her first album was released and she was having a huge impact on the charts - around the time of Saving all my love for you and How will I know. She was promoted as the good "Christian girl" and perhaps wanted to cement that image. I wish I still had those clippings of the interviews and subsequent articles because I know it sounds far-fetched but a lot of kids at school were talking about it as well. It created a little stir at the time.

Elton John lost to Madonna at Sunday's Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, where the Material Girl won for Best Original Song (Motion Picture) for "Masterpiece," which she wrote for W.E., which she also directed.[/size][/font][/color]

And John's husband, David Furnish, was unhappy about the loss. (Madonna beat out John's "Hello Hello" from the film Gnomeo & Juliet plus three other contenders, including Mary J. Blige's "Living Proof" from The Help.)

Shortly after the 53-year-old pop singer's name was called, Furnish wrote on his Facebook page: "Madonna. Best song???? F**k off!!!"

After Madonna's acceptance speech -- the orchestra even started playing in an attempt to cut her off -- Furnish's rant continued.

"Madonna winning Best Original Song truly shows how these awards have nothing to do with merit. Her acceptance speech was embarrassing in its narcissism," he wrote. "And her criticism of Gaga shows how desperate she really is."

These guys are the best for losing the script. David probaly has more control over what he says but Elton's song losing to Masterpiece was probaly too much for him. He backpeddled shortly after.

About his rant...why doesn't he say Masterpiece instead of Madonna for best song? It's not a popularity contest. It was Masterpiece that won over the other songs. Should Masterpiece not win because another contender doesn't like Madonna? It's like they don't even care what she does. She should just not win. Who made them judges over who should win or not? Her criticism of gaga? For exactly 2 seconds she said that a song that obviously sounds like her song felt reductive. I can't even deal with it.

Chelle, she definitely said it. I read two interviews with her where she was scathing about Madonna and one of them was a question and answer type. Both times she was really vicious about Madonna. I thought it was outrageous when she said that if she had a daughter that grew up to be like Madonna, she would kill her but she did say it. The reporter interviewing her was quite stunned as well. It was when her first album was released and she was having a huge impact on the charts - around the time of Saving all my love for you and How will I know. She was promoted as the good "Christian girl" and perhaps wanted to cement that image. I wish I still had those clippings of the interviews and subsequent articles because I know it sounds far-fetched but a lot of kids at school were talking about it as well. It created a little stir at the time.

rivalry]

I remember this stuff too Jan. It was quite sad to read and hear about. I think though that Whitney was young and her management were keen to mould herself into a good girl. Whitney probably was listening to and reacting to bad advice. It was after she met Bobby that she chilled out (literally). She'd done some growing up by then and I like to think she realised there was no point to any real or artificial rivalry so she stopped the anti Madonna rants.

I remember very well the Whitney comment about Madonnas yet unborn child which is why I called it Karma when I heard and watched the travails of Bobbi Kristina. The tongue is a powerful weapon. People must be careful. I stopped liking Whitney from that moment on even though I still enjoyed some of her songs but that comment was too vicious for me. Nothing warrants that.

What is great for me is that most of these slanderers to the throne are people I already dislike or do not give a damn about so I am yet to have any internal battles about someone I like daring to slander the throne. I could not care less about these morons.

What is great for me is that most of these slanderers to the throne are people I already dislike or do not give a damn about so I am yet to have any internal battles about someone I like daring to slander the throne. I could not care less about these morons.

Yep. None of these people are likeable or even paragons of virtue.

Guest Rachelle of London

Vanessa Feltz says hello, y'all

o-VANESSA-FELTZ-570.jpg?5

but she is one of those insufferable people bitter about everything and everyone

Disgusting evil witch!

Love how she criticises M for dating younger men when her boyfriend is in his 20s.

Guest Pud Whacker

Well, there was the "If my child would turn out like Madonna I would kill them" quote.

Not sure it is real though..

I think later Whitney send Madge flowers after the Hoskins incident.

i never believed that quote. it was in tatler '87.

Guest Rachelle of London

So sad about Whitney. I thought it was gossip fodder especially as there's no video of her saying it. Glad she seemed to change her opinions.

Guest Pud Whacker

I have never forgiven JLO and I never will. I am convinced she smoked something before that interview. She could not have possibly been in her right senses.

As for Joni, she was wrong. She is wrong. And quite frankly my father thought her music was a collection of dirges so we all like what we like. Joni Mitchell never lies, my left breast. GTFOH.

no, like the others, she was experiencing fame and accolades at that time and didnt realize her success would wane. its very simple, they get on a high horse and dont realize exactly how exceptional madonna is until theyve hit the skids.

Guest Pud Whacker

So sad about Whitney. I thought it was gossip fodder especially as there's no video of her saying it. Glad she seemed to change her opinions.

no, like the others, she was experiencing fame and accolades at that time and didnt realize her success would wane. its very simple, they get on a high horse and dont realize exactly how exceptional madonna is until theyve hit the skids.

Exactly.

Lol at the concept of JLo having a craft. That Out Of Sight film really went to her head.

And where are they all now?!! In the fucking gutter!!! Has beens!!!!!

Anyone who had bad mouthed Madonna, things seem to happen to them and not in a good way, KARMA.

Guest Pud Whacker

Exactly.

Lol at the concept of JLo having a craft. That Out Of Sight film really went to her head.

:rotfl:

exactly! and then seeing a niche after selena and being a 'pop star' talk about spitting on a craft.