Slanderers of the Throne

Guest whatatramp

Guest Pud Whacker

by the way ^^^

Alison Goldfrapp on Lady Gaga:

"She's definitely taken the crown as the Queen of Pop. She's the new Madonna, I think. Lady Gaga is passionate about what she does - it's extreme and really good fun. Personally I think the clothes are a lot more interesting than the music. But who knows?

She's obviously really talented, so it'll be interesting to see where her career goes. I think her success is also to do with timing: we all want something to escape to"

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

goldfrapp_1790414a.jpg

OMG I hate this woman with a passion. She's so disgusting. And my spell on her career worked. :rotfl:

r-JONI-MITCHELL-large570.jpg?6

"Americans have decided to be stupid and shallow since 1980. Madonna is like Nero; she marks the turning point. She has knocked the importance of talent out of the arena. She's manufactured. She's made a lot of money and become the biggest star in the world by hiring the right people,"

jennifer-lopez-crying-03.jpg

"Do I think she's a great actress? No. Acting is what I do, so I'm harder on people when they say, 'Oh, I can do that—I can act.' I'm like, 'Hey, don't spit on my craft.'"

Then goes on to a music career which totally sucks :manson:

Guest whatatramp

"Do I think she's a great actress? No. Acting is what I do, so I'm harder on people when they say, 'Oh, I can do that—I can act.' I'm like, 'Hey, don't spit on my craft.'"

THE NERVE

r-JONI-MITCHELL-large570.jpg?6

"Americans have decided to be stupid and shallow since 1980. Madonna is like Nero; she marks the turning point. She has knocked the importance of talent out of the arena. She's manufactured. She's made a lot of money and become the biggest star in the world by hiring the right people,"

didn't mind the photo op though did you Joni smdh

tumblr_lqcei15wpU1qearaqo1_500.jpg

I have never forgiven JLO and I never will. I am convinced she smoked something before that interview. She could not have possibly been in her right senses.

As for Joni, she was wrong. She is wrong. And quite frankly my father thought her music was a collection of dirges so we all like what we like. Joni Mitchell never lies, my left breast. GTFOH.

Edited by mlcr

Guest whatatramp

Joni Mitchell never lies, my left breast. GTFOH.

:lmao: I have 6 of her albums... THE EARLY STUFF :queenbitch:

Alison%20Goldfrapp.jpg

Q: Have you ever heard Madonna’s ‘Like It Or Not’ from ‘Confessions on A Dancefloor’? It was her attempt at making a Goldfrapp record. ‘Black Cherry’ to be specific.

Alison Goldfrapp : ‘Never heard it, that song. I couldn’t care less what she or whoever does. Madonna is always copying other people’s work. yuck.’

Q: Well you guys are quite good at it yourself : ‘Ooh La La’ was a T-Rex rip-off. ‘Cologne Cerrone Houdini’ could have been any Gainsbourg song on ‘Historie de Melody Nelson’. And those are just two examples.

Alison Goldfrapp : ‘We have a perfectly legitimate post-modern explanation for that. Those songs are an Hommage! We steal like magpies but we pay tribute to our heroes at any chance we get, in interviews etc.. . Everyone should know by now that Marc Bolan was my idol growing up. But we’ll never be caught following the latest trend or collaborating with the hottest DJs and producers just to get their names on our record sleeves. That’s not our style.

I seriously thought that was Ozzy Osbourne

Alison%20Goldfrapp.jpg

Q: Have you ever heard Madonna’s ‘Like It Or Not’ from ‘Confessions on A Dancefloor’? It was her attempt at making a Goldfrapp record. ‘Black Cherry’ to be specific.

Alison Goldfrapp : ‘Never heard it, that song. I couldn’t care less what she or whoever does. Madonna is always copying other people’s work. yuck.’

Q: Well you guys are quite good at it yourself : ‘Ooh La La’ was a T-Rex rip-off. ‘Cologne Cerrone Houdini’ could have been any Gainsbourg song on ‘Historie de Melody Nelson’. And those are just two examples.

Alison Goldfrapp : ‘We have a perfectly legitimate post-modern explanation for that. Those songs are an Hommage! We steal like magpies but we pay tribute to our heroes at any chance we get, in interviews etc.. . Everyone should know by now that Marc Bolan was my idol growing up. But we’ll never be caught following the latest trend or collaborating with the hottest DJs and producers just to get their names on our record sleeves. That’s not our style.

tumblr_lrxhjuNaBt1qb1xeo.gif

Love this topic! Madonna just shrugs them all off with the following message:

"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted
As for the murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars
Their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone."

2004+Entertainment+Pictures+Year+5J0OmBT

Doesn't JLO go to Madonna's concerts though? Wasn't she at Sticky & Sweet?

Yes she attended her LA Dodger Stadium S&S gig :thumbsup:

And her "music career" had already long dissolved by then :rotfl:

She wasn't even 40 yet and a hit had been eluding her since 2003

courtney-love-drunk.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Love Courtney but she was a mess and she still is a mess

Though she does have more credibility has an actual artist than say a Jennifer Lopez

Barbara Walters for her constant coldness and contempt for Madonna on the View. She used to put her down constantly, interrupt anyone praising Madonna by changing the subject or else treat their praise with stony silence. Also, for continuing praising Gaga over Madonna and implying that she had more talent. However, when Madonna appeared on the show, she was all over her like a rash.

barbarawalters_view.gif

+ 1

jennifer-lopez-crying-03.jpg

"Do I think she's a great actress? No. Acting is what I do, so I'm harder on people when they say, 'Oh, I can do that—I can act.'

I'm like, 'Hey, don't spit on my craft.'"

:rotfl::thumbsup:

I've always found her acting chops to be almost on a par with her "music career"

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Though she does have more credibility has an actual artist than say a Jennifer Lopez

only a tiny amount..

I have never forgiven JLO and I never will. I am convinced she smoked something before that interview. She could not have possibly been in her right senses.

As for Joni, she was wrong. She is wrong. And quite frankly my father thought her music was a collection of dirges so we all like what we like. Joni Mitchell never lies, my left breast. GTFOH.

she was jealous of Evita movie

Guest whatatramp

only a tiny amount..

:hand: