Madonna + Guess Who?: New V Magazine shoot!

adreeyen

Can you believe I prefer the KP cover to the M one? CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?? Cuz I can't.

And why is M always the one trussed up or on the bottom. She should totally be the one in charge wtf

Can you believe I prefer the KP cover to the M one? CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?? Cuz I can't.

And why is M always the one trussed up or on the bottom. She should totally be the one in charge wtf

That would be a bit too cliche, I like this unexpected side of these photos. And we haven't seen it all yet.

Secretly me too. I LOVE the photoshoot, but Katy's solo cover is stronger while Madonna's looks a little awkward - wish they'd zoom in on her while retaining the V shape her arms make

I think it says A LOT about Madonna that she's willing to not only collaborate w/ younger artists, but also give them the center stage (her dancers on tour have their own interludes, the Grammy Weddings, the duet w/ Hannah Montana, artforfreedom). Such an unselfish woman, always supporting young artists, happily playing a supporting role. SAINT M-DOLLA. :wow:

Another Klein shoot, another case of Photoshop overload. I hate the way he just shoves his subjects in front of a camera (especially the close-ups) and then just airbrushes everything afterwards. No imagination, no use of shadows and light.

I await another set of horrifying outtakes similar to the 2008 era pictures.

I'm loving it. Love that wig.

And as long as the person photographed still looks like themselves...I could care less about the whole photoshop thing. It's everywhere... and really, these sorts of photo-sessions are not meant to be natural/real-life... it's a fantasy.

wow, the pics are so incredible! And if Madonna has learned the lesson, she will have destroyed with her superpowers every little picture that show the untouched version. After those horrible Klein outtakes, we don't need more of that, thank you.

I'm loving it. Love that wig.

And as long as the person photographed still looks like themselves...I could care less about the whole photoshop thing. It's everywhere... and really, these sorts of photo-sessions are not meant to be natural/real-life... it's a fantasy

:clap:

And anyway even if we get to see some outtakes Madonna's face looks better than it did in 2008

In pap shots she looks great, even without make up going to the gym/K centre

So I don't see what some of you are worrying about

20-year-old models get the photoshop cream treatment too

Let's get over this, shall we?

Even Katy Perry is photoshopped and she's young! Everybody does, I wish they wouldn't, people are sick of it. The fashion world need to realise that people don't like the over photoshopped. But saying that, this is meant to look Doll like in a fantasy world.

Guest SecretGarden

I'm not too fussed with the amount of Photoshop as it serves the purpose of the aesthetic that Klein was obviously going for. However, I do find the shoot kind of boring, same ol' Klein trappings (dead eyes. Porcelain look, Latex/BDSM theme etc). She needs to move on at this point.

Sorry but I don't like these pictures. I just think Klein is shitty and overrated. His 2003 W magazine shoot was okay but that was it. Whatever.

I agree that Klein is quite repetitive and the whole porcelain doll/latex thing. But regarding photoshop it's everywhere these days and people that are half Madonna's age are subjected to it as well. It's become an industry standard. Not much we can do about it. My fav work he did with her was W magazine 2003 and 2006

The HC booklet / Dazed and Confused shoot was horrible and I adore the HC era

I think the photo shop works well here...it fits a purpose

I'm Getting a Guy Bourdin vibe...

This kind of photo shop is the type I really hate

vf2000b.jpg

If you havent been able to open up your Photoshop the past few days and every time you do, you get the error, All Photoshop Used Up. Try Again Later, you now know why.

ha ha ha

http://dlisted.com/2014/05/21/open-post-hosted-by-katy-perry-and-madges-v-magazine-cover/

Who wrote this, her loving fans? It's absolutely impossible to make them all happy. Unless they change their attitudes, impossible. Especially the ones who are going to criticise her NO MATTER WHAT and you know it. Photography is an art form. Madonna IS naturally beautiful and she looks like herself in these photos. She in fact HAS a fantastic body and it looks her body in these photos. Whoever wrote this and a lot of her fans would LOVE to have a canvas like Madonna's.

Do you not care for the Vogue video either because Madonna is wearing a ton of makeup?

Madonna always cops the most sarcastic articles of any celebrity. Always has and always will. I always thought that eventually the media would appreciate how successful she has been for such a long period of time, but there is always a sting in every article about her. Now it is her age that they comment on all the time. Still, she prevails and has more committed fans than anyone considering her immense popularity over 3 decades. Other stars can just dream about that kind of success and longevity.

Especially if they are a woman and double that if they are over a certain age

You forgot the third reason

She's the biggest star in the world, still

Part of the press hates her guts for it

ChartOfTheDay_1404_Madonna_is_the_Worlds

A succesful woman over 50 in control of her personal life and career... OF COURSE she'll get shit from left and right. I believe it's in their nature to put Madonna on their level so they can feel better about themselves...

All these comments from journalists, bloggers and people alike are nothing short of ageism.

Beyonce, Britney Spears, Rihanna, even Miley Cyrus and pretty much every one else in show business use Photoshop. And they all get called out for it but Madonna's case is always different in their eyes. And that's because apparently Madonna is being Photoshopped because of her age!

Shirley Manson - front woman from undergound cult UK band Garbage - couldn't put it any better:

“The tabloids complain about Madonna looking old, and people laugh at her for that. Then Madonna goes and fixes her face, and they laugh at her for that. Even though they begrudgingly say she looks amazing, they’ll still laugh at her for trying to look young.

“Then she steps out, looking amazing, and the tabloids go and blow up a picture of her aging hand. Nobody’s doing that to George Clooney, blowing up pictures of his hands!

“I look at these magazines, and I want to say to them, ‘What’s your point? That she’s aged? Does that surprise you? Or is your ‘point’ an attempt to undercut what she’s achieved?’ I think it is, even if it’s on a subconscious level. … And you probably wouldn’t turn down those hands if they were grabbing you under the table, you fucking idiots!”

Especially if they are a woman and double that if they are over a certain age.

Incorrect, look at Dolly Parton, Tina Turner and Betty White ( who pretty much quadruples everybody's age on this planet ). All female celebrities, over 50, intelligent, respected and loved. The reason why Madonna gets bashed is she challenges / threatens the " supposed " norm. Her vagina and her age may play a small part in her bashings but it is all superficial ( chicken shit ) reasons for the real cause to her bashings.

All these comments from journalists, bloggers and people alike are nothing short of ageism.

Beyonce, Britney Spears, Rihanna, even Miley Cyrus and pretty much every one else in show business use Photoshop. And they all get called out for it but Madonna's case is always different in their eyes. And that's because apparently Madonna is being Photoshopped because of her age!

Shirley Manson - front woman from undergound cult UK band Garbage - couldn't put it any better:

“The tabloids complain about Madonna looking old, and people laugh at her for that. Then Madonna goes and fixes her face, and they laugh at her for that. Even though they begrudgingly say she looks amazing, they’ll still laugh at her for trying to look young.

“Then she steps out, looking amazing, and the tabloids go and blow up a picture of her aging hand. Nobody’s doing that to George Clooney, blowing up pictures of his hands!

“I look at these magazines, and I want to say to them, ‘What’s your point? That she’s aged? Does that surprise you? Or is your ‘point’ an attempt to undercut what she’s achieved?’ I think it is, even if it’s on a subconscious level. … And you probably wouldn’t turn down those hands if they were grabbing you under the table, you fucking idiots!”

Love what Manson said