New album updates - "So many great songs, can't wait." (Madonna)

Is this the first time she publicly announces one of her collaborators? She must be pretty sure she's including him in the album. then.

I think it may not be the first time ever, but I think it's the first time she uses social media to do so. LOVE IT!

Guest Rachelle of London

I swear I must be the only one that loves Girl Gone Wild.

I love it too! From the first time I heard it. I'm Addicted is a banger too!

Actually Addicted To You is not bad at all. Something like this sung by Madonna wouldnt be bad, but it aint mindlowing like Frozen was... Maybe if she combines Avicii with Leonard something good could come out of it, maybe even mindblowing...

I trust Madonna's judgement.She brings out the best from any producer that she works with.And,as others have pointed out,it's likely that there will be other producers involved in her album.If the tracks with Avicii don't work out the way that she hopes,she won't include those songs on the album.Let's relax and take a 'wait and see' approach.

Can't wait for new music. I have a feeling that the way she announced it implies that they have already something really good. And as others have said Avicii got good reviews for his album, the metascore on metacritic is 69. Some of the acts people suggested she should work with instead may have lower scores.

People really need to get over what she has or hasn't done before, or when she's told things in the past and drawing all these ridiculous conclusions like they're fucking profilers.

Maybe she just felt like saying it when she said it, who gives a shit about how early or late in the process she's told things before. It doesn't mean she can't tell them sooner or later this time if she just happens to wake up and feel like it one day!

:lmao:

Guest SecretGarden

Avicii, Frank Ocean and Daft Punk would make a good trio of producers, although considering Daft Punk's resistance of working with Madonna, I don't see this happening. As has been mentioned, it's highly doubtful Avicii would be the sole producer of the album so it's exciting to see who else she'll work with.

I'm curious if she'll bring back Orbit, Mirwais or Stuart Price - all three of their sounds compliment Avicii's production.

To be honest, I don't care who she collaborates with on production. Just write the fucking songs with Pat Leonard and I'd DIE from the happy feelings produced by my brain

I trust Madonna's judgement.She brings out the best from any producer that she works with.And,as others have pointed out,it's likely that there will be other producers involved in her album.If the tracks with Avicii don't work out the way that she hopes,she won't include those songs on the album.Let's relax and take a 'wait and see' approach.

Um no! Is timberlands best work 4 minutes? Is timberlakes best work 4 minutes? Is whoever produced GMAYL their best work?

Madonna does not always bring out the best in producers. Just ask the people who produced Shanghai Surprise. This is just Madonnas delusional fan thinking. What Madonna needs is a contemporary producer, someone who challenges her in the studio to bring out the best in the both of them. I'm sorry but when she latches onto current produces, she produces a current repeated sound, not an innovative and certainly not the best sound.

Um no! Is timberlands best work 4 minutes? Is timberlakes best work 4 minutes? Is whoever produced GMAYL their best work?

Madonna does not always bring out the best in producers. Just ask the people who produced Shanghai Surprise. This is just Madonnas delusional fan thinking. What Madonna needs is a contemporary producer, someone who challenges her in the studio to bring out the best in the both of them. I'm sorry but when she latches onto current produces, she produces a current repeated sound, not an innovative and certainly not the best sound.

Only a few songs of her entire 30 years back catalogue. ^^

Same guy who did GMAYL also did the wonderful Beautiful Killer. Just bloody wait till giving full judgement.

Madonna does not always bring out the best in producers. Just ask the people who produced Shanghai Surprise. This is just Madonnas delusional fan thinking. What Madonna needs is a contemporary producer, someone who challenges her in the studio to bring out the best in the both of them. I'm sorry but when she latches onto current producers, she produces a current repeated sound, not an innovative and certainly not the best sound.

I love HC and I love what Madonna and those producers came up with.

"when she latches onto current producers,she produces a current repeated sound,not an innovative sound"

'Like A Virgin' was produced by a then-current producer (Nile Rodgers).Do you really think that album isn't innovative? 'Bedtime Stories' utilized then-current producers and I think it's a superb album.Contrary to popular belief,Madonna can work with current,well-known producers and still come up with a great album.She's done it several times throughout her career.

The thing is,NO producer is gonna give Madonna a completely "new",custom-made sound created just for her.If that's what you're expecting,you're gonna be very disappointed.

Only a few songs of her entire 30 years back catalogue. ^^

Same guy who did GMAYL also did the wonderful Beautiful Killer. Just bloody wait till giving full judgement.

Exactly.

Some of Madonna's weaker songs throughout her 30 year body of work were probably also written/produced by the same who helped create her best.

Not every producer hits it out of the park every single time....including the best.

Ok, I don't know in which thread I post anymore. Why do we have 2?

I was just thinking.... some people here already said that, but isn't it weird that on one week she's saying that she is working on her next album but is TOP SECRET and no one can know anything and on the other week she casually says "I'm going to the studio with Avicii?"

What I mean is that maybe is indeed for his album and not hers. I'm not trying to stirr up anyting. I have NO problems with Avicii for her next album, so is not me trying to be "hopeful" or whatever. But as some people already said, M never drops producers names so soon in the process.

Yes actually when you think about it it doesn't really makes sense, especially when it comes to Madonna standards , she's never been one to announce publicly who she is working with for a new album, not so early in the process, in this case it's even before she enters the studio ! Also let's not forget that when she hires people to work on her albums they usually are not allowed to reveal it, well not before she gives them the green light and in that case it's Avicii himself who talked about the first almost 2 months ago. So this leads me to think that it's gonna be more like a song for his album, or a "off" single track, a kind buzz single (like many singers do now) to taste the water, to see if the public answers positively to the kind of sound, if it's a yes they can go this direction for the new album. After all i 've heard from different "sources" that this time she wasn't really sure of the direction she would take for that new album...

Exactly.

Some of Madonna's weaker songs throughout her 30 year body of work were probably also written/produced by the same who helped create her best.

Not every producer hits it out of the park every single time....including the best.

Case in point - Pat and Madonna wrote "Love Makes The World Go Round" (a decent enough song), but then within months, they came up with "Live To Tell". The longer Madonna and Pat worked together, the more consistent they become in terms of the quality of the work that they produced.

On a side note, it must have stung Steve Bray that he only ended up with two songs on "Like A Prayer".

I love HC and I love what Madonna and those producers came up with. "when she latches onto current producers,she produces a current repeated sound,not an innovative sound" 'Like A Virgin' was produced by a then-current producer (Nile Rodgers).Do you really think that album isn't innovative? 'Bedtime Stories' utilized then-current producers and I think it's a superb album.Contrary to popular belief,Madonna can work with current,well-known producers and still come up with a great album.She's done it several times throughout her career. The thing is,NO producer is gonna give Madonna a completely "new",custom-made sound created just for her.If that's what you're expecting,you're gonna be very disappointed.

That's fair enough, and I'm happy that we can debate without name calling :)

But is Hard Candy Timberlakes best... No.. Just go listen to Nelly Furtado, that is Timberlakes best, not hard candy which is an op-shop version of Nelly F.

I love Like A Vergin ( it's what made me fall in love with Madonna.. No need for old age jokes :) ) but Nile challenged Madonna, just like he challenged Diana Ross.

However to me ( and personal opinion ) Madonna is just lazy these days, choosing produces who she may think will give her a hit or who she likes,, but not someone who will challenge her musically or intellectually.

Are you are a leader or a follower? As my teachers inform me :)

Yes actually when you think about it it doesn't really makes sense, especially when it comes to Madonna standards , she's never been one to announce publicly who she is working with for a new album, not so early in the process, in this case it's even before she enters the studio ! Also let's not forget that when she hires people to work on her albums they usually are not allowed to reveal it, well not before she gives them the green light and in that case it's Avicii himself who talked about the first almost 2 months ago. So this leads me to think that it's gonna be more like a song for his album, or a "off" single track, a kind buzz single (like many singers do now) to taste the water, to see if the public answers positively to the kind of sound, if it's a yes they can go this direction for the new album. After all i 've heard from different "sources" that this time she wasn't really sure of the direction she would take for that new album...

hm you could be right actually.. she said it was top secret last week and now all of a sudden she drops a big name like that? but we'll wait and see :)

What's this rumor about her with Drake and Chance the Rapper? I saw a pic of her and Chance somewhere...what was the deal with that?

She went and saw their shows

That's fair enough, and I'm happy that we can debate without name calling :)

But is Hard Candy Timberlakes best... No.. Just go listen to Nelly Furtado, that is Timberlakes best, not hard candy which is an op-shop version of Nelly F.

I love Like A Vergin ( it's what made me fall in love with Madonna.. No need for old age jokes :) ) but Nile challenged Madonna, just like he challenged Diana Ross.

However to me ( and personal opinion ) Madonna is just lazy these days, choosing produces who she may think will give her a hit or who she likes,, but not someone who will challenge her musically or intellectually.

Are you are a leader or a follower? As my teachers inform me :)

giphy.gif