New album updates - "So many great songs, can't wait." (Madonna)

I'm so looking forward to a revelation art album that grabs the fans and general public with respect and admiration ala Like a Prayer album with a killer video that goes along with the first single. Bringing back the excitement of Like a Prayer, Ray of Light, and Confessions on a Dance Floor. More self retrospective lyrics and raw organic music.

That would be so awesome :thumbsup:

Diplo:

He's blunt when it comes to M.I.A., too. They broke up, but continued collaborating until the sessions for her last album. "She didn't really know what she was doing," he says. "She was really abusive, telling me I wasn't good enough or fast enough." Discussing M.I.A.'s middle-finger flip at the Super Bowl with Madonna, he says, "It was kind of stupid. I think her being on that Madonna song is kind of lame, and she was trying to make up for that. That song is such a flop."

http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/altreport/2012/03/diplo-says-ex-gf-mia-was-abusive-and-stupid-4-ruining-super-bowl.html

Diplo is a cunt.

So the latest is that she is doing a song for Avicii's album then, not for her own? I guess that makes more sense after how she was just saying that the collaborators for her album were top secret. Either way it sounds like we might just hear a new Madonna song sooner than we expected which is awesome!

Guest Sweet Tooth

I would love to see Madonna w/out any rappers on the new record. Wonder if she's influenced by her kids taste in music imo.

Last time we had pure Madonna-only bliss was Confessions On A Dancefloor :Disco_Ball::sassy:

Edited by Sweet Tooth

God, I hope she releases a well written song for the first single this time. She has gotten used to slapping together a simple little song a having a worldwide smash. It worked with Music and Hung Up, but the law of diminishing marginal returns is really setting in with 4 minutes and GMAYL.

where on earth did you get this theory that she now makes music for the tour? Its one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard :lmao:

What's so ridiculous about that theory? I've been feeling that to be the case with the last 3 albums.

I LOOOOVE Diplo. His beat are so amazing!!!

And come on!!!! GMAYL is a flop!!! But, withou the LUV - YOU and Nicky and MIA, it would've been a great pop song. Love the "don't play that stupid game" part. So 80's Madonna.

She said that the new album is gonna come from a place that is dance, because that's what she's about. (Paraphrased) so I wouldn't doubt Avicii, and another dance producer are involved, as well as someone either familiar or good at another genre.

Music is made in such a different way these days, and we have no way of knowing what kind of "studio" she has at her house or other collaborators at their's. We don't need to see her entering a studio to know if she's written a song or not.

I'm really excited to see her seemingly excited about her music. I can't wait! So bring on the new single for Avicii now and another when her album is ready!

Erotica and Confessions were recorded at the producer's home studio. If they're making the album very causally at their own pace. It should be stronger than anticipated. Especially because it is a less expensive process when they're not utilizing someone else's facilities. Madonna can be more intuitive and indulge in her left leaning impulses.

Guest Rachelle of London

Anyone listening to R2 they just played like a prayer and said that there's buzz going around that M will be releasing a new album this year! I hope it's true! :tigger:

What are you talking about rocknrolla? 4 Minutes was HUGE worldwide, it went to #1 in over 30 countries, was #1 for 11 weeks on the United World Charts and was the 4th top selling single of 2008.

Guest Loo Eli

So the latest is that she is doing a song for Avicii's album then, not for her own? I guess that makes more sense after how she was just saying that the collaborators for her album were top secret. Either way it sounds like we might just hear a new Madonna song sooner than we expected which is awesome!

I actually don't know if it will be any sooner since Guy O already talked about a Madonna album by the end of the year, which is when Avicii's is also rumored to come out....although hopefully his will come out reasonably ahead and give her some feedback and fan reaction to the sound. Definitely super awesome that a producer known for working with technically great vocalists is giving Madonna this platform.:)

Shining bright like a diamond on oscar night

- she did quoted sia and her lyrics of Diamond by Rihanna on istagram

Guest Xanthium

Didn't know that Sia covered "Oh Father" for her last album. Good choice! That song doesn't get enough love IMO.

I think if M could write with Sia it would be another story... if it was a submission I can't imagine it would work Sia has an idiosyncratic way of structuring and even using rhythm that doesn't fit with M's songwriting. The result is things that sound good but not very personal - see Diamonds, Pretty Hurts, etc. etc. ad nauseum

Guest Loo Eli

I suppose M will keep us updated with every Instagram news. Although we will be playing the guessing game until she feels its time for some confirmed news. :)

Avacii does way more interviews than Madonna so I wouldn't be shocked if he mentioned it first, in the meantime someone keep check on his IG...:)