MDNA VS ARTPOP

mad4mad2

Sexx Dreams is better than Turn Up the Radio and you can tell Madonna I said it. :vogue:

Can I sign this petition?

As a legitimate discussion I think it has merits, if we can restrain ourselves from kneejerk GIFs, I was just thinking about this in the shower. Gaga as a musician I am here for, the rest of her should be shut away and not let out. I would do a lot for M, I think she is an incredible artist and woman, and I did think MDNA was a really good album that was just let down by a couple of factors. Gaga however is an appalling example to fans and people alike, she's sycophantic, pathetic, vindictive when it pleases her and a victim the rest of the time. But she still writes and sings a catchy tune.

At points Artpop is very good and exciting, but it has such appalling lows. MDNAs lows are tempered by M trying to be cute or being legitimately silly, I can bop along to BDay song or smile at Turn Up the Radio; Donatella and Jewels n Drugs are like having thumbscrews applied. When M is fierce, she is fierce, when Gaga tries it falls appallingly flat. And let's not go near the Holiday bassline sample on Fashion!. The biggest difference between the two is that the mixing on Artpop is solid and bass heavy with clear vocals, it's comfortable to listen to; MDNA has superior songs and lyrics and production but the mixing actually gives me a headache sometimes it's like listening to a tin can-telephone. Gaga also uses all her vocals while M seems determined to convince everyone she is only capable of singing in a shrill girlish tone.

So... MDNA is better but that hasn't stopped me jamming to Artpop for the last couple of days

Girl Gone Wild vs. Aura (none :nocomment: )

Gang Bang vs. Venus

I'm Addicted vs. G.U.Y.

Turn Up The Radio vs. Sexxx Dreams (also none :nocomment: )

Give Me All Your Luvin' vs. Jewels N Drugs

Some Girls vs. Manicure

Superstar vs. Do What U Want

I Don't Give A... vs. Artpop

I'm A Sinner vs. Swine

Love Spent vs. Donatella

Masterpiece vs. Fashion

Falling Free vs. Mary Jane Holland

Beautiful Killer vs. Dope

I Fucked Up vs. Gypsy

B-day Song vs. Applause

So, yeah, MDNA, although not a perfect album, is the winner.

more like MDNA vs BTW :lol:

and even then ..... REDONE pioneering sound creations?

the music they put together for JOJO is a cheap rehash at best, and annoyingly repetitive to the core

Aside from that CRAP I saw on xfactor the other week, I haven't heard any of "artpop" and have no intention of either. Anyone who HAS listened to the whole thing is obviously a (closet) fan and needs to KNOW THEMSELVES.

Is MDNA better,worse or equal than gaga's ARTPOP?

:lmao:

I can't believe you're asking this question. Even though many consider MDNA to be M's worst album, it shit's all over Artpop. Fact.

I do think people are overdoing it on the vitriol and need to take a chill pill. Being fans of Madonna doesn't mean we have to hate Gaga. That being said, MDNA is of course eons and eons beyond Artpop, which IMO has only 3 keepers (Do What U Want, Applause, and the title track).

But it the OP pitted the Fame Monster (by far Gaga's best work) with MDNA, that would be a much tougher contest, and I'd actually go with Gaga on that one (ducks before the tomatoes and arrows start flying).

I do think people are overdoing it on the vitriol and need to take a chill pill. Being fans of Madonna doesn't mean we have to hate Gaga.

Okay the word hate is being extremely overused and it's not being used properly. You should elaborate more on the criticism of her than just being fans of Madonna. It's not fair and it's not accurate.

Girl Gone Wild vs. Aura

Gang Bang vs. Venus

I'm Addicted vs. G.U.Y.

Turn Up The Radio vs. Sexxx Dreams

Some Girls vs. Manicure

I'm A Sinner vs. Swine

Love Spent vs. Donatella

Masterpiece vs. Fashion

I Fucked Up vs. Gypsy

B-day Song vs. Applause

Girl Gone Wild vs. Aura

Gang Bang vs. Venus

I'm Addicted vs. G.U.Y.

Turn Up The Radio vs. Sexxx Dreams

Some Girls vs. Manicure

I'm A Sinner vs. Swine

Love Spent vs. Donatella

Masterpiece vs. Fashion

I Fucked Up vs. Gypsy

B-day Song vs. Applause

Spill that truth tea! :clap:

Am I the only Madonna fan that likes Turn up the Radio ?

As for people talking about Gaga on the Madonna section - why ? This forum is called Madonnanation not Gaganation. I mean seriously, do Beyoncé, Rihanna, Adele, Katy, Kylie fans all post threads in the main Madonna section comparing albums from those stars ? Save if for the Princesses threads. I don't see why Madonna fans should have to be constantly asked to rate Gaga, like Gaga, accept Gaga.

MDNA wins in terms of cohesiveness, (If you don't count Superstar, GMAYL, B-day Song and TUTR) but ARTPOP wins in terms of quality. MDNA seems more rushed than ARTPOP. ARTPOP apart from really horrible songs like J&D, Applause, Venus and Dope seems more well thought out. Both somehow lack a theme and are a little overproduced at some point.

I think MDNA should've used the transgression theme as the main concept behind the album and ARTPOP could've used the whole Venus/Aphrodite theme as the main concept with "G.U.Y" as the opening track and "Gypsy" as the closing track.

"MDNA" "ARTPOP"

1. Girl Gone Wild 1. G.U.Y.

2. Gang Bang 2. Venus

3. I'm Addicted 3. Artpop

4. Some Girls 4. Sexxx Dreams

5. I Don't Give A 5. Manicure

6. Kids 6. Do What U Want

7. I'm a Sinner 7. Donatella

8. Beautiful Killer 8. Fashion!

9. Masterpiece 9. Mary Jane Holland

10. Love Spent 10. Swine

11. Best Friend 11. Aura

12. Falling Free 12. Gypsy

Guest Rachelle of London

As for people talking about Gaga on the Madonna section - why ? This forum is called Madonnanation not Gaganation. I mean seriously, do Beyoncé, Rihanna, Adele, Katy, Kylie fans all post threads in the main Madonna section comparing albums from those stars ? Save if for the Princesses threads. I don't see why Madonna fans should have to be constantly asked to rate Gaga, like Gaga, accept Gaga.

Nope, I LOVE it...ever since I heard the demo!!!!!!

I agree that I hope many people don't consider MDNA to be one of Madonna's worst albums on her discography. Long time fan and MDNA has been one of my all time favorites, and the tour is my second favorite from the ice queen.

On the other hand, I heard heard Artpop once, and the singles many times. There are a few good tracks, but I'm not into it. Lady G will probably maintain some of her hardcore fan base, but not sure about her gaining new fans. Artpop is not so commercial and catchy for such a mainstream and commercial act.

MDNA wins in terms of cohesiveness, (If you don't count Superstar, GMAYL, B-day Song and TUTR) but ARTPOP wins in terms of quality. MDNA seems more rushed than ARTPOP. ARTPOP apart from really horrible songs like J&D, Applause, Venus and Dope seems more well thought out. Both somehow lack a theme and are a little overproduced at some point.

I think MDNA should've used the transgression theme as the main concept behind the album and ARTPOP could've used the whole Venus/Aphrodite theme as the main concept with "G.U.Y" as the opening track and "Gypsy" as the closing track.

"MDNA" "ARTPOP"

1. Girl Gone Wild 1. G.U.Y.

2. Gang Bang 2. Venus

3. I'm Addicted 3. Artpop

4. Some Girls 4. Sexxx Dreams

5. I Don't Give A 5. Manicure

6. Kids 6. Do What U Want

7. I'm a Sinner 7. Donatella

8. Beautiful Killer 8. Fashion!

9. Masterpiece 9. Mary Jane Holland

10. Love Spent 10. Swine

11. Best Friend 11. Aura

12. Falling Free 12. Gypsy

WTF? Wheres Artpoop quality?

:clap: Thank you!

And for the record, I love TUTR too! The tour performance gave it all new life for me.

And also for the record, I like this feisty side of you! :queenbitch:

No, you're not :thumbsup:

And i agree with the rest of your post.