MDNA VS ARTPOP

mad4mad2

FartSchlop should not be compared to MDNA. As others have pointed out this is her 4th album. In spite of her suggesting its her 3rd - we all know The Fame Monster was pathetically tagged onto The Fame so as to combine the sales - giving her a 10 million selling debut (gasp *eyeroll*). I consider this her 4th album as should everybody.

Instead we should all delight in comparing this schizophrenic mess to Like A Prayer. And we can promptly end that comparison, by declaring that there is no competition (or fair comparison) as Like A Prayer is a pop record of true emotional depth and quality musicianship (courtesy of Pat Leonard & Steven Bray), and in being so the only true "ArtPop" record.

Consider further that this was also a record with a masterful release/hype strategy. Madonna genuinely disappeared from the public eye for a year while recording it and came back with a bang - making 4 quality pop videos off the back of it, and going on to tour the album to great acclaim on the BAT. It was a true album era that yielded great interviews, iconic images & genuinely took madonna to another level in terms of what she's already achieved. Artpop is a sloppy re-tread of territory Kaka has covered several times over. It does nothing but reveal the true extent of her boring personality and limited artistic ability.

FartSchlop should not be compared to MDNA. As others have pointed out this is her 4th album. In spite of her suggesting its her 3rd - we all know The Fame Monster was pathetically tagged onto The Fame so as to combine the sales - giving her a 10 million selling debut (gasp *eyeroll*). I consider this her 4th album as should everybody.

Instead we should all delight in comparing this schizophrenic mess to Like A Prayer. And we can promptly end that comparison, by declaring that there is no competition (or fair comparison) as Like A Prayer is a pop record of true emotional depth and quality musicianship (courtesy of Pat Leonard & Steven Bray), and in being so the only true "ArtPop" record.

Consider further that this was also a record with a masterful release/hype strategy. Madonna genuinely disappeared from the public eye for a year while recording it and came back with a bang - making 4 quality pop videos off the back of it, and going on to tour the album to great acclaim on the BAT. It was a true album era that yielded great interviews, iconic images & genuinely took madonna to another level in terms of what she's already achieved. Artpop is a sloppy re-tread of territory Kaka has covered several times over. It does nothing but reveal the true extent of her boring personality and limited artistic ability.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Guest sambassile

Is it me or Artpop sounds like it could be the soundtrack of a horror/halloween movie? I'm havin issues with her voice and the way she sings, it's gettin a bit comical. Why can't she sing properly and stop tryin hard to sound like Bowie and Annie Lenox etc.? She has a nice voice
My fav track is Jewels n' Drugs, it's sexy and she sounds great on it. The rest is CRAP

Tried listening to most of the album again with an open mind. I liked half of Born This Gay, but some of Artpop definitely sounds off. Yes one song sounded like she was definitely copying Bowie. MDNA is so much better, and appreciate the tracks much more as time goes on.

Guest bluejean

I am repeatedly seeing fans of hers on facebook saying the album is growing on them :lol: They are desperately trying to force themselves to like it.

I actually saw a review that said "If you see someone listening to Lady Gaga on a train you should give up your seat to them because they are obviously musically challenged."

:rotfl:

Guest bluejean

And yes I listened to the album, it is shockingly bad. I actually liked her first 3 albums but this one is really really bad. I do like 'Do What U Like.'

Guest bluejean

I find it hilarious she's trying to pass it off as art. It's badly written pop. No real choruses or hooks. But nothing arty about it all.

Guest bluejean

I listened on Spotify. So she got money out of me. I'm not here to boycott her I just thought her album was crap. I'll still be listening to Do What U Like regularly.

• 8 months later...
Guest Peter1984

Girl Gone Wild vs. Aura-

Gang Bang vs. Venus

I'm Addicted vs. G.U.Y.

Turn Up The Radio vs. Sexxx Dreams Both are superb

Give Me All Your Luvin' vs. Jewels N Drugs

Some Girls vs. Manicure

Superstar vs. Do What U Want

I Don't Give A... vs. Artpop

I'm A Sinner vs. Swine

Love Spent vs. Donatella

Masterpiece vs. Fashion

Falling Free vs. Mary Jane Holland

Beautiful Killer vs. Dope

I Fucked Up vs. Gypsy

B-day Song vs. Applause

7 - 9 for ARTPOP.

Girl Gone Wild vs. Aura-

Gang Bang vs. Venus

I'm Addicted vs. G.U.Y.

Some Girls vs. Manicure

I'm A Sinner vs. Swine

Love Spent vs. Donatella

Masterpiece vs. Fashion

I Fucked Up vs. Gypsy

B-day Song vs. Applause

7 - 9 for ARTPOP.

:vomit:

Girl Gone Wild vs. Aura-

Gang Bang vs. Venus

I'm Addicted vs. G.U.Y.

Some Girls vs. Manicure

I'm A Sinner vs. Swine

Love Spent vs. Donatella

Masterpiece vs. Fashion

I Fucked Up vs. Gypsy

B-day Song vs. Applause

7 - 9 for ARTPOP.

I hate Do What You Want. She reminds me of that Touch My Body Song by Mariah. Gaga sounds horrendous on Artpop. Like she has hot potatoes in her mouth or something. It's the most annoying and disgusting album ever made in the history of music. End!!

Girl Gone Wild vs. Aura-

Gang Bang vs. Venus

I'm Addicted vs. G.U.Y.

Some Girls vs. Manicure

I'm A Sinner vs. Swine

Love Spent vs. Donatella

Masterpiece vs. Fashion

I Fucked Up vs. Gypsy

B-day Song vs. Applause

7 - 9 for ARTPOP.

ban

I've not heard Artpop except the singles (why would I voluntarily do that to my ears?), but one thing I WILL say is that I marginally prefer Applause to Girl Gone Wild. They're virtually the same (shit) song, but Applause is a little bit catchier, and does at least contain a kernel of truth (Gaga clearly does live for Applause, sadly), whereas Girl Gone Wild is just everything that's wrong with music, done badly. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Madonna's video is better than Gaga's though.