MDNA VS ARTPOP

mad4mad2

MDNA wins in terms of cohesiveness, (If you don't count Superstar, GMAYL, B-day Song and TUTR) but ARTPOP wins in terms of quality. MDNA seems more rushed than ARTPOP. ARTPOP apart from really horrible songs like J&D, Applause, Venus and Dope seems more well thought out. Both somehow lack a theme and are a little overproduced at some point.

I think MDNA should've used the transgression theme as the main concept behind the album and ARTPOP could've used the whole Venus/Aphrodite theme as the main concept with "G.U.Y" as the opening track and "Gypsy" as the closing track.

"MDNA" "ARTPOP"

1. Girl Gone Wild 1. G.U.Y.

2. Gang Bang 2. Venus

3. I'm Addicted 3. Artpop

4. Some Girls 4. Sexxx Dreams

5. I Don't Give A 5. Manicure

6. Kids 6. Do What U Want

7. I'm a Sinner 7. Donatella

8. Beautiful Killer 8. Fashion!

9. Masterpiece 9. Mary Jane Holland

10. Love Spent 10. Swine

11. Best Friend 11. Aura

12. Falling Free 12. Gypsy

WTF? You have to be trolling :manson:

Am I the only Madonna fan that likes Turn up the Radio ? I DO !!!!!

As for people talking about Gaga on the Madonna section - why ? This forum is called Madonnanation not Gaganation. I mean seriously, do Beyoncé, Rihanna, Adele, Katy, Kylie fans all post threads in the main Madonna section comparing albums from those stars ? Save if for the Princesses threads. I don't see why Madonna fans should have to be constantly asked to rate Gaga, like Gaga, accept Gaga.

exactly! :clap:

Now close this thread.

MDNA wins in terms of cohesiveness, (If you don't count Superstar, GMAYL, B-day Song and TUTR) but ARTPOP wins in terms of quality. MDNA seems more rushed than ARTPOP. ARTPOP apart from really horrible songs like J&D, Applause, Venus and Dope seems more well thought out. Both somehow lack a theme and are a little overproduced at some point.

I think MDNA should've used the transgression theme as the main concept behind the album and ARTPOP could've used the whole Venus/Aphrodite theme as the main concept with "G.U.Y" as the opening track and "Gypsy" as the closing track.

"MDNA" "ARTPOP"

1. Girl Gone Wild 1. G.U.Y.

2. Gang Bang 2. Venus

3. I'm Addicted 3. Artpop

4. Some Girls 4. Sexxx Dreams

5. I Don't Give A 5. Manicure

6. Kids 6. Do What U Want

7. I'm a Sinner 7. Donatella

8. Beautiful Killer 8. Fashion!

9. Masterpiece 9. Mary Jane Holland

10. Love Spent 10. Swine

11. Best Friend 11. Aura

12. Falling Free 12. Gypsy

Oh YEAH !!!!!! KIDS is soooooooooo good! My favorite Madonna song.

:rolleyes:

Guest Rachelle of London

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I LOVE Kids....did you know that Vogue replaced it on MDNA Tour!

I prefer MDNA for now. It's much more personal and it has more nuance. However, if "Artpop," "Gypsy," "Sexxx Dreams," "Donatella," or "Fashion!" were M songs, I could see a lot of people on here praising them to high heaven.

I prefer MDNA for now. It's much more personal and it has more nuance. However, if "Artpop," "Gypsy," "Sexxx Dreams," "Donatella," or "Fashion!" were M songs, I could see a lot of people on here praising them to high heaven.

Sexxx Dreams would be a lot better as a Madonna track cuz it would be so much more convincing, if nothing else. Either way, the production is good on that one, even if the lyrics and vocals are hit and miss. Same for Artpop, but that could not be saved with such a dire theme. Gypsy is a bad Cher song, Donatella is a bad song by ANYBODY. I mean the lyrics are pure trash, it's SUCH an embarrassing song. And Fashion basically IS a Madonna song.

MDNA has a personality to it that Gaga is just incapable of capturing in any of her music because she's always too busy trying to prove something to everybody. That's why no one likes her anymore, cuz she tries too hard. You just wanna laugh her off, pat her on the head and say "yes dear."

And in terms of bringing the album tracks to life on tour, let's not even pretend like that's gonna help Gaga at all.

She might up her game with her live performances after being humiliated by Madonna all year during 2012 and her amazing MDNA Tour. But then again every performance so far this era has been utter crap so maybe not.

No. I love TUTR.

You always have great taste WeboGirl

Sexxx Dreams would be a lot better as a Madonna track cuz it would be so much more convincing, if nothing else. Either way, the production is good on that one, even if the lyrics and vocals are hit and miss. Same for Artpop, but that could not be saved with such a dire theme. Gypsy is a bad Cher song, Donatella is a bad song by ANYBODY. I mean the lyrics are pure trash, it's SUCH an embarrassing song. And Fashion basically IS a Madonna song.

MDNA has a personality to it that Gaga is just incapable of capturing in any of her music because she's always too busy trying to prove something to everybody. That's why no one likes her anymore, cuz she tries too hard. You just wanna laugh her off, pat her on the head and say "yes dear."

And in terms of bringing the album tracks to life on tour, let's not even pretend like that's gonna help Gaga at all.

:clap:

Hell no, those songs are pure trash, i would be ashamed to death if Madonna did them (GMAYL was bad enough :scared:)

And the others two songs are nothing special.

I haven't even been able to complete listening to Artpop. I downloaded it and have been listening to it in chunks over the past couple days, but so far I can definitely say she has stagnated. Production wise, Aura sounds slightly different than anything she's done before, but every other song I've heard just sounds like reductive versions of TF and BTW tracks. As if we needed anymore proof of this, but Artpop definitely proves that Gags blew her load with her first album and TFM. It's been steadily going downhill since then. This album is void of ANY sort of soul. It's just hollow. The fact that it took her 2 years to make this album is actually quite hilarious and sad at the same time. She must be in a bad bad place if it took two years to come up with a soulless and (in comparison to her best work) tuneless album. Where are the hooks and melodies??

Gang Bang, I'm Addicted and Falling Free alone stomp all over anything on Artpop. People give MDNA a hard time because of GGW, GMAYL and TUTR but I see those songs as balance for the heaviness of some of the other tracks. The album has a soul, it feels it comes from a genuine place and that in itself makes it a better album than Artpop.

Gang Bang, I'm Addicted and Falling Free alone stomp all over anything on Artpop. People give MDNA a hard time because of GGW, GMAYL and TUTR but I see those songs as balance for the heaviness of some of the other tracks

Thank you!

And MDNA is something that came 30 years into a career not barely 4

The irony of it all

WTF? You have to be trolling :manson:

You think so? Oh well...if giving your honest opinion means trolling, then yes.

Actually this whole thread is a troll-thread.

WTF? Wheres Artpoop quality?

MDNA lacks good mastering. Love Spent is one of my favs and it's extremely overproduced. TUTR and GGW, with the latter one being one of my favourite songs on the album as well show a lot of flaws in terms of mastering. The good tracks don't really live up to most of the tracks in Madonna's back catalogue. They're great songs, but they need more work to them. I'm not saying ARTPOP is flawfree. It has many flaws as well, but it flows better than MDNA in terms of tracklisting and eventhough there are still songs I don't enjoy. there are a lot of songs that have a really nice production and all tracks, maybe with the exception of Aura sound extremely good sonically, especially on headphones.

I loved the Kelis version and I'm sure, I would've loved the Madonna version as well!

You think so? Oh well...if giving your honest opinion means trolling, then yes.

Actually this whole thread is a troll-thread.

MDNA lacks good mastering. Love Spent is one of my favs and it's extremely overproduced. TUTR and GGW, with the latter one being one of my favourite songs on the album as well show a lot of flaws in terms of mastering. The good tracks don't really live up to most of the tracks in Madonna's back catalogue. They're great songs, but they need more work to them. I'm not saying ARTPOP is flawfree. It has many flaws as well, but it flows better than MDNA in terms of tracklisting and eventhough there are still songs I don't enjoy. there are a lot of songs that have a really nice production and all tracks, maybe with the exception of Aura sound extremely good sonically, especially on headphones.

I loved the Kelis version and I'm sure, I would've loved the Madonna version as well!

Flows sonically??? Are you kidding me??? The fucking album is all over the place!

you don't even know what mastering means.

Don't try to look more intelligent than you actually are.

Everyone one loved TUTR at first, saying it should have been the 1st single.

And now, because it flopped, everybody says it's shit.

you, guys, are hopeless. :rolleyes:

True! I dont know how you can NOT love this song! It was one of the most electifying moments on the MDNA tour! Its a great song and her vocals are classic Madonna! Only the chorus is a little bit repetitive. But the verses are heavenly :)