Gaga slams Madonna comparisons

realityisalways

the only thing i find disturbing is that some madonna fans actually fell for this fraud a few years ago. i was truly ashamed to be associated with these fans. absolutely repulsed.

the only thing i find disturbing is that some madonna fans actually fell for this fraud a few years ago. i was truly ashamed to be associated with these fans. absolutely repulsed.

most of them aint here no more though.

If she doesn't wanna be compared to M, why in the first place copied M?

One or two outfits coincide with M's previous work are acceptable but not EVERYTHING.

This

I think the reductive comment was really the start of Gaga's free fall. Then came M's Super Bowl performance which just demonstrated Madonna's VAST superiority as a performer and cemented her position as Queen of Pop. After that, nothing Gaga did could overshadow that performance. The general public realized that she was just another wannabe who was never ever gonnabe. And that's when Gaga panicked & became desperate and started shooting her mouth off and tried every trick in the book to outdo Madonna but she failed. Madonna's tour pummeled hers to pieces and now she's become even more desperate. And I'm pretty sure her desperation & insecurity has led to drugs which has led to the utter mess she's become today.

The real problem that Gaga and her record company has is not really how well Artpop sells but how are they going to launch a successful tour afterwards. Gaga doesn't have a deal with a touring company like Madonna so I'm sure (like most new artists), her deal with Interscope includes a cut in the more lucrative aspect of today's music industry - touring. That's why Interscope is still pouring money in promoting her in hopes that if the album is a success, a successful tour will follow. There is not much money to be made in record sales anymore so it doesn't make sense for record companies to invest so much on their artists unless they get a cut in the much bigger pie - tours. Problem for Gaga is, if the BTW tour was a bust, can you imagine what the Artpoop tour will be like when she is considerably less popular now than she was 2 years ago. Madonna may not sell millions of albums anymore but she's raking in on her tours & will continue to do so. She has been untouchable in that respect & to think Madonna has not even launched a greatest hits tour yet. Gaga on the other hand, will be hard pressed to sell out arenas, much less stadiums. Interscope is making a last ditch effort to prop her up in the hopes that she could again become as big as she was 3 years ago but nothing Gaga or Interscope have done so far has reversed the downward slide. Sooner or later, Interscope will realize that she is just a bad investment and then....THUD!

good read and so true ! :thumbsup:

If she doesn't wanna be compared to M, why in the first place copied M?

One or two outfits coincide with M's previous work are acceptable but not EVERYTHING.

:thumbsup:

Her fans will never understand that it's the tiny details she lifts which show how obsessed she is just as much as it's the big iconic bits she goes after.

I'm not sure I understand how she ended up on the same record label. Especially one that doesn't actually release her records. Warner released mega big double and sometimes quadruple vinyls for her maxi singles all the way through the end! Including revolver. We don't even get things on CD with this new label. I understand that Warner betrayed her financially and other wats especially through Maverick distribution but couldn't she find a record company willing to actually make the CDs and records? Even her blu ray was messed up big time. I'm very saddened and wonder if it has to do with lady gaga.

Gags gets plenty of CD and vinyl releases on interscope though, basically all of her singles from BTW got a vinyl single release. I don't like interscope though and I wish M wasn't associated with them

warner is definitely higher quality. inter-scope's products make the celebration cd look like the royal box in comparison to the shit inter-scope makes.

I'm not sure I understand how she ended up on the same record label. Especially one that doesn't actually release her records. Warner released mega big double and sometimes quadruple vinyls for her maxi singles all the way through the end! Including revolver. We don't even get things on CD with this new label. I understand that Warner betrayed her financially and other wats especially through Maverick distribution but couldn't she find a record company willing to actually make the CDs and records? Even her blu ray was messed up big time. I'm very saddened and wonder if it has to do with lady gaga.

is it too suspicious and too big of a conspiracy theory to actually think this could be true?

I don't really think she has a choice in which label distributes her, isn't Live Nation her actual label but Interscope just distribute? But they definitely are of a lower quality. For instance, take Madonna's last 3 LPs, COADF pressed on pink vinyl on Warner Bros, Hard Candy in a deluxe three disk coloured set, once again on Warner Bros, then MDNA, generic sleeve black vinyl thrown together piece of shit on Interscope. I mean come on, they couldn't even be arsed to print the track titles on disc labels.

I think the reductive comment was really the start of Gaga's free fall. Then came M's Super Bowl performance which just demonstrated Madonna's VAST superiority as a performer and cemented her position as Queen of Pop. After that, nothing Gaga did could overshadow that performance. The general public realized that she was just another wannabe who was never ever gonnabe. And that's when Gaga panicked & became desperate and started shooting her mouth off and tried every trick in the book to outdo Madonna but she failed. Madonna's tour pummeled hers to pieces and now she's become even more desperate. And I'm pretty sure her desperation & insecurity has led to drugs which has led to the utter mess she's become today.

The real problem that Gaga and her record company has is not really how well Artpop sells but how are they going to launch a successful tour afterwards. Gaga doesn't have a deal with a touring company like Madonna so I'm sure (like most new artists), her deal with Interscope includes a cut in the more lucrative aspect of today's music industry - touring. That's why Interscope is still pouring money in promoting her in hopes that if the album is a success, a successful tour will follow. There is not much money to be made in record sales anymore so it doesn't make sense for record companies to invest so much on their artists unless they get a cut in the much bigger pie - tours. Problem for Gaga is, if the BTW tour was a bust, can you imagine what the Artpoop tour will be like when she is considerably less popular now than she was 2 years ago. Madonna may not sell millions of albums anymore but she's raking in on her tours & will continue to do so. She has been untouchable in that respect & to think Madonna has not even launched a greatest hits tour yet. Gaga on the other hand, will be hard pressed to sell out arenas, much less stadiums. Interscope is making a last ditch effort to prop her up in the hopes that she could again become as big as she was 3 years ago but nothing Gaga or Interscope have done so far has reversed the downward slide. Sooner or later, Interscope will realize that she is just a bad investment and then....THUD!

I very much agree with this...and it should also be mentioned that she is a LIABILITY for any tour promoter who would foolishly invest in her considering she didn't even complete the full duration of her last tour.

So end the end, has Madonna joined a record distribution/marketing label that has 1. Not marketed well. 2. Made defective and bad products or not made any product at all in most cases. Because Lady Gaga is on the same label? Is this just conspiracy or is it true that they are trying to savatoge M? Or do they suck in general?

Edited by Stud

So end the end, has Madonna joined a record distribution/marketing label that has 1. Not marketed well. 2. Made defective and bad products or not made any product at all in most cases. Because Lady Gaga is on the same label? Is this just conspiracy or is it true that they are trying to savatoge M? Or do they suck in general?

It's people jumping to conclusions.

And the fact that most labels, including Warner, ALL suck. The investment in physical product is no longer there...the quality of both physical and digital product is often not there... It's about making as quick of a buck by spending the least amount now = Welcome to Corporate America. The industry is just fucked overall right now. Has nothing to do with Gaga.

And the fact that most labels, including Warner, ALL suck. The investment in physical product is no longer there...the quality of both physical and digital product is often not there... It's about making as quick of a buck by spending the least amount now = Welcome to Corporate America. The industry is just fucked overall right now. Has nothing to do with Gaga.

That's even scarier than gaga. But sounds right. :(

Exactly! I think you've hit the nail on the head. As much as I'd love to blame her, I don't think Gaga has anything to do with this. I think this is precisely why Madonna didn't bother going with a traditional "record contract" back in 2007 when her WB contract was coming up, overall the industry is just a big mess. Over the past five years or so, the focus has gone more and more into touring. Beyonce has been on the road all year with no concrete plans for a new album, they are really pushing Lady Gaga to be a "touring force" as she's been on the road more often than not the past few years.

It's an interesting time in the music industry, it's getting to the point where if you can't fill up seats, then your career will suffer. It's great to scream from the rooftops you've sold 5 million copies of a single you can buy for $1.29 on iTunes, but ultimately it's a small, hollow victory.

Exactly! I think you've hit the nail on the head. As much as I'd love to blame her, I don't think Gaga has anything to do with this. I think this is precisely why Madonna didn't bother going with a traditional "record contract" back in 2007 when her WB contract was coming up, overall the industry is just a big mess. Over the past five years or so, the focus has gone more and more into touring. Beyonce has been on the road all year with no concrete plans for a new album, they are really pushing Lady Gaga to be a "touring force" as she's been on the road more often than not the past few years.

It's an interesting time in the music industry, it's getting to the point where if you can't fill up seats, then your career will suffer. It's great to scream from the rooftops you've sold 5 million copies of a single you can buy for $1.29 on iTunes, but ultimately it's a small, hollow victory.

yeah, i wish we could blame gaga for it. but it's truly out of control capitalism at it's very worst. we need a revolution.

Edited by Stud

yeah, i wish we could blame gaga for it. but it's truly out of control capitalism at it's very worst. we need a revolution.

*holds prison bars*

RECORD COMPANIES AROUND THE WORLD ARE COLLAPSING

well madonna both ruled and changed the world so her point is null and void

AND Gagy said before that "I want to rule the world".

SO WHICH IS IT TRANNY DEAR?

I was wondering where you were. I thought you were up in your room perfing your Sexx Dreamz coreo

I kid you not, I was perfecting my choreography to Beyonce's Naughty Girl. :rotfl:

I won't thinkin bout Joanne. Actually don't listen to Gaga as often as one would think. I gotta be in the mood for her.