Patrick Leonard Speaks ..and he misses Madonna!

Alessandro

Well COADF is better than MDNA, I guess that is telling something.

Says who? It is telling of the fact that YOU prefer Confessions and only that.

Critics, fans, everybody.

MDNA has more fillers than COADF, and a lot of crap.

That's your opinion. It's very infantile to compare art like that anyway. Each album represents something different to me. I don't long for the days when I danced in my leotard to hung up. I don't wish Madonna wore a gold tooth like in 1992 again. I don't wish that Madonna would perform a studio version of Papa don't preach, like a prayer, like a Virgin, vogue, la Isla Bonita, holiday, lucky star and into the groove on her next tour. Thank god that I live in the now.

Anyone realised how Roger Friedman replied in the comments section? o_O

About the songs Madonna is the only one credited?

This guy needs to just shut up!

But........they both never said they were involved with those songs.

That's your opinion. It's very infantile to compare art like that anyway. Each album represents something different to me. I don't long for the days when I danced in my leotard to hung up. I don't wish Madonna wore a gold tooth like in 1992 again. I don't wish that Madonna would perform a studio version of Papa don't preach, like a prayer, like a Virgin, vogue, la Isla Bonita, holiday, lucky star and into the groove on her next tour. Thank god that I live in the now.

I agree. I cherish and love all of Madonna's albums, videos and looks. However, it is wonderful that she continually changes and never lives in the past. It is wonderful to still enjoy all of Madonna's previous work but looking forward to her latest work is always a treat as well.

I think that M was not happy how LAP sounded old fashioned back in 1989/90.

In an interview at the time of LAP either Madonna or Pat alluded to the fact that Pat wanted the album to sound much more acoustic/natural than it did. But Madonna dug her heels in and said "I'm a pop singer, I can't release an album like that".

The remixes for LAP and EY were glorious, but back then almost nobody did mixes like that, normally they did extended versions. Madonna showed just how clever she is by getting rid of Pat and working with Pettibone.

I think Pat learned the lesson then, and afterwards with ROL and knows that he's brilliant as a writer, not as much as a producer.

And just think how quickly music changed in 1990!!!!! It went from big pop stars to dance music groups with no image (C&C Music Factory, Black Box, etc). Madonna felt it and that's why we got the wonderful Vogue and Erotica.

:dead: oh shut the fuck up you fucking freak.

That was a bit random but I love it. :lol:

I agree. I cherish and love all of Madonna's albums, videos and looks. However, it is wonderful that she continually changes and never lives in the past. It is wonderful to still enjoy all of Madonna's previous work but looking forward to her latest work is always a treat as well.

Yeah, exactly!

The remixes for LAP and EY were glorious, but back then almost nobody did mixes like that, normally they did extended versions. Madonna showed just how clever she is by getting rid of Pat and working with Pettibone.

I think Pat learned the lesson then, and afterwards with ROL and knows that he's brilliant as a writer, not as much as a producer.

And just think how quickly music changed in 1990!!!!! It went from big pop stars to dance music groups with no image (C&C Music Factory, Black Box, etc). Madonna felt it and that's why we got the wonderful Vogue and Erotica.

Brilliant take. Never thought of this before.

:dead: oh shut the fuck up you fucking freak.

Fuck off, so what if I am a newbie, so were you...

If you don't agree then write your opinion instead of telling somone to fuck off.

Newbies have the same right as all other members who joind this forum a long time ago. People are coming here to discuss and hear opinion of other people. What are newbies supposed to do? To read what other fans have to say and keep their mouth shut.

Stop acting like a Little monster.

P.S. I like more songs from MDNA (the good ones) than COADF, Music or AL. But I am objective if I have to rate her albums. I will never claim some of her albums are great just because I like them so much.

Edited by mangapop

damn. imagine if because of roger she won't get the recognition (in case there are some doubts and they're not sure yet of who to induct) I know that's his plan, of course. but how fucking sad that would be.. he's like a sick monster with a loud voice.

So for you a "good poster" is someone saying constant passive-agressive things about Madonna? I won't be surprised if he turn up like Riverwide or GMS in the future, doing nothing but trashing Madonna all the time. Apparently he doesn't like "commercial crap" (his own words). How can he be a Madonna fan if he doesn't like commercial music?

Mark my words: he's going to be very nasty in the future, the signs are there.

Passive-agressive things about Madonna? Trashing Madonna all the time? How can he be a Madonna fan if he doesn't like commercial music?

Who said I don't like commercial music. There are many commercial songs I like, but I am also aware if the song has quality or is just fun crap. There is good commercial music and bad commercial music. Madonna makes good commercial music. I am simply not some fan who is praisning everything she does.

If she makes another Celebration/ GGW I am going to say it is crap. If she makes another I'm Addicted I am going to say it is a great song.

Edited by mangapop

Passive-agressive things about Madonna? Trashing Madonna all the time? How can he be a Madonna fan if he doesn't like commercial music?

Who said I don't like commercial music. There are many commercial songs I like, but I am also aware if the song has quality or is just fun crap. There is good commercial music and bad commercial music. Madonna makes good commercial music. I am simply not some fan who is praisning everything she does.

If she makes another Celebration/ GGW I am going to say it is crap. If she makes another I'm Addicted I am going to say it is a great song.

Look, i see your point but you should do some research before saying things. You basically accused Madonna of being a copycat on the other thread but if you knew things better you would know that Madonna didn't copied Kylie or Marilyn (in that photoshoot you were talking about).

I'm not praising everything Madonna does either, i'm not a blind fan. I can easily admit the things i don't like about her. But i'm sick and tired of seeing negative biased shit about Madonna all over the internet and the medias. and let's NOT talk about how Little Monsters invaded several Madonna forums to make it their own. This place is the only Madonna fansite we still got, with people who still love Madonna and i would like it to stay that way, that's all.

If I hear a Kate Bush song I'm gonna think 'past her prime pop star trying to make some dollar'. Or. 'That's...nice.'

OMG Mangapop finally met his match :semifunny:

Pls GU destroy ha! :madgemanson:

He thinks his opinions are facts :dead:

:queenbitch:

Look, i see your point but you should do some research before saying things. You basically accused Madonna of being a copycat on the other thread but if you knew things better you would know that Madonna didn't copied Kylie or Marilyn (in that photoshoot you were talking about).

I'm not praising everything Madonna does either, i'm not a blind fan. I can easily admit the things i don't like about her. But i'm sick and tired of seeing negative biased shit about Madonna all over the internet and the medias. and let's NOT talk about how Little Monsters invaded several Madonna forums to make it their own. This place is the only Madonna fansite we still got, with people who still love Madonna and i would like it to stay that way, that's all.

:clap:

I have no problem with people having any opinion on Madonnas work except when it comes from a lack of knowledge or a wealth of ignorance. Gross. People regurgitate the same nonsense they hear over and over because they're sheep who are so impressionable that they will say anything without really knowing what it means or if it's even true. Vile. It's also annoying when somebody is making passive aggressive remarks about Madonna while praising their favourite on MADONNAnation. Go to BUSHnation if you wanna talk about art rocker Kate Bush who is a musical genius but gave up playing violin. :-/ UGH. THE FUCKING IGNORANCE!!!!!

That makes you a good fan, in my opinion. I doubt Madonna herself would think ALL her albums and ALL her tracks are great. I like it when people tell it like it is.

I like Celebration a lot, tbqh. And I think that I'm Addicted is great but incredibly bad mixed. Opinions, that's what forums are for.

I guess Madonna hates GGW and Celebration which is why they were the tour opener and closer of her most recent tour. She obviously thinks they are pieces of shit and so any good fan would hate those songs and praise Kylie Minogues nasal whining on songs written by somebody else which are designed for people in shit clubs sniffing poppers. A true fan would tell it like it is.

article-2149821-13496ECC000005DC-886_634

damn. imagine if because of roger she won't get the recognition (in case there are some doubts and they're not sure yet of who to induct) I know that's his plan, of course. but how fucking sad that would be.. he's like a sick monster with a loud voice.

I'm a bit sad by this. If fans who wonder why some fans have a problem with hearing criticism about Madonna from other fans you can blame writers like Roger Friedman. He hasn't been the only one these past 30 years. You know he's not letting all comments through? I know for a fact that they are very respectful and articulate too.

I'm a bit sad by this. If fans who wonder why some fans have a problem with hearing criticism about Madonna from other fans you can blame writers like Roger Friedman. He hasn't been the only one these past 30 years. You know he's not letting all comments through? I know for a fact that they are very respectful and articulate too.

I dont understand your post