Forbes Celebrity 100 (2013)

davejr.

I've heard that Forbes hates Madonna...

They definitively do. Since at least 20 years. And they're not even smart enough to hide it.

Edited by madonnasuperfan01

I don't know why anyone would care much about this list anyway

At the end of the day no one cares. But unfortunately those Forbes lists always make the rounds internationally and are picked up by many many media outlets. And since it's Forbes no one seriously questions their "results" and no one would ask how this list is compiled. Many people still consider Forbes the bible in the finance world. So it's reliable. Of course, we (as Madonna fans) are not happy because there is no reason why Madonna should rank behind Gaga, Spielberg and Beyonce in the overall list. We have to assume there is something fishy and they downgraded Madonna on purpose. That Madonna actually is the top earner of the last year (and even here they published the lowest number possible) goes unnoticed or is only mentioned in a footnote. It's all too obvious that the don't want to give her credit where credit is due.

^Right

I don't know why anyone would care much about this list anyway

I don't care personally. It's not a music magazine. But like what has been said it's read by people who take everything they say as fact. They are painting an inaccurate picture and little by little with every article it builds up to make out like Madonna's career is not going well. In my opinion if they have to write about her with their stupid little comments just don't write about her at all.

Edited by Larkspur

No need to get upset over Forbes ranking as it is just as irrelevant as the magazine itself.

Our queen is laughing all the way to the bank and Forbes is just bitter and SAD.

Forbes is just bitter and SAD.

Agreed...but I do love how these nasty little articles are usually written by women who have have a face like a bag of spanners. Did anyone see the cunt who wrote that forbes one?

dpomerantz_136.jpg

Now compare THAT to the woman below and that should explain things.

Madonna-corset--a.jpg

i really don't get why people are so desperate to hate on her like that :huh:

Well she doesn't play the game. She makes it. That's pretty much the reason she is and will always be hated till the very end. They just can't stand her dominance on every possible way. The media is supposed to make you and to break you, but Madonna can't be manipulated like that. She is simply above it all and can't be contained by anything or anyone.

They definitively do. Since at least 20 years. And they're not even smart enough to hide it.

Judging by this latest piece of shit of an article it's very clear that they are not bothering to hide it anymore. Anyone with half a brain, specially those who are trained investors, would know that their articles are not reliable for the financial market.

My only concern is with the mass mainstream media who takes it for granted without ever questioning those considerations since they are not aimed for the financial market and are just fuel for the gossip entertainment.

Those lies are reproduced all over the world and ended up on the ears of the ordinary people who won't ever check this kind of information.

I don't know about you guys but I'm just glad she was ranked in the top 5 and that this news will circulate the globe and everyone will know that Madonna is still a force to be reckoned with. Who cares if Gaga beat her, it's just great to still see her up there after all these years and that they did take the time to mention that she was the top earner of the year. That's respect right there!

The good thing come out of this is that I like m even more when Forbes bullies her. All I know is in 5 years when gaga disappears m might still be in top 5

but that's the problem. gaga disappeared for a year (practically) in the media and forbes is now telling the world she's as relevant as ever - it's like at the beginning of gaga again, creating all this fake hype around her. the media telling us what to think without it ever being the truth. like rolling stone naming her "the woman of the year" when she sat in a wheelchair..

Agreed...but I do love how these nasty little articles are usually written by women who have have a face like a bag of spanners. Did anyone see the cunt who wrote that forbes one?

dpomerantz_136.jpg

Madonna-corset--a.jpg

Bringing the picture of the author into this is lame. It sullies your gripe.

i was watching tv in australia this evening and "the project" a light/humerous news show that is widely watched reported this list. going on about oprah and also mentioning lady gaga and steven spielberg. madonna wasnt even mentioned!!

i was watching tv in australia this evening and "the project" a light/humerous news show that is widely watched reported this list. going on about oprah and also mentioning lady gaga and steven spielberg. madonna wasnt even mentioned!!

Great point CJM. That is why even though I agree that Forbes lists are useless, they are reported everywhere. So when they either ignore Madonna or downplay her achievements, they are doing her a huge disservice. When people say what does it matter, well it is the bloody principle of it all. Why should Oprah and Gaga be portrayed as powerful popular celebrities, while the world's biggest superstar Madonna, is pushed aside ?

Great point CJM. That is why even though I agree that Forbes lists are useless, they are reported everywhere. So when they either ignore Madonna or downplay her achievements, they are doing her a huge disservice. When people say what does it matter, well it is the bloody principle of it all. Why should Oprah and Gaga be portrayed as powerful popular celebrities, while the world's biggest superstar Madonna, is pushed aside ?

i literally couldnt have said it better myself jan xoxo

Judging by this latest piece of shit of an article it's very clear that they are not bothering to hide it anymore. Anyone with half a brain, specially those who are trained investors, would know that their articles are not reliable for the financial market.

My only concern is with the mass mainstream media who takes it for granted without ever questioning those considerations since they are not aimed for the financial market and are just fuel for the gossip entertainment.

Those lies are reproduced all over the world and ended up on the ears of the ordinary people who won't ever check this kind of information.

THIS. That's my only concern too. I don't really care that the medias are biased against Madonna, what really annoy me is the fact that SO many people will read this bullsh*t and believe it without questioning it.

You totally nailed it :thumbsup:

bottom line- Gaga is as 'relevant and powerful' lol as Cyndi Lauper was in 1989 LOL. Still technically 'around' but the helium out of their huge balloons from 3-5 years earlier was/is def. at least 2/3 less. Madonna CLEARLY (whether youre a fan or not) should be higher in every single way (*success of her tour*, visibility, and media attention). I've seen M many, many x more on TV, the internet, articles etc...Forbes clearly has Monster or Lamb on the 'team' responsible for this lol. They absolutely have M hatred. Beyond DUH! :#. Freakin Rihanna or Katy Perry would be more legit than Gaga. lol

Oprah I def. get it. Even w/ the brief funk she had with her network initially, she STILL gets the red hot interviews before anyone else and her network is clearly making major strides as *she* is on it more compared to when it first started when she was barely visible and it was a mess. Not the case now.

The reality is there is only so much Forbes can do. At one pt, when lady gaga is too irrelevant, they would dump her n kick her out of the list. Same applies to m, when she keeps breaking record with her tour, they have to keep her on the list.

dpomerantz_136.jpg

Madonna-corset--a.jpg

that bitch is PRESSED :1251:

they based part of this forbes list on social media, when it was PROVEN that lady gags numbers on twitter and elsewhere, were all FAKE!

if its based on lady gags tweeting 19480 times a day, then cher may as well be above her on this useless list