MDNA Tour EPIX TV Premiere

Camacho

how i wish the tour version of GMAYL was the actual album version.

i love it!!

Since she seems pretty attached to/proud of that song, I do wonder if it will get a Candy Shop makeover in the next tour. Same for GGW, for that matter. :stir:

I missed the broadcast but I've just started watching the whole thing on YouTube now and I really can't believe how ABYSMAL Girl Gone Wild was..The only kind of music software I've ever worked with is Garageband and I could have mixed the sound better. The music is so tinny and flat and the vocals are so LOUD without an ounce of reverb. The editing of the footage was also really bad..Hope it gets better :(

I missed the broadcast but I've just started watching the whole thing on YouTube now and I really can't believe how ABYSMAL Girl Gone Wild was..The only kind of music software I've ever worked with is Garageband and I could have mixed the sound better. The music is so tinny and flat and the vocals are so LOUD without an ounce of reverb. The editing of the footage was also really bad..Hope it gets better :(

I think it might be the Youtube quality. I watched in it better quality on Dailymotion and I think it sounded better. Might just be me though.

I watched the performances a few times - I found the editing a little jarring for some songs at first, but now I love everything. As many people have already said, the photos in Like a Virgin/Love Spent worked so well and gave it a great 70s vibe, and the crowd shots in Like a Prayer were so much fun. Though I do have a few minor quibbles -

GGW - I wish they showed much more of the screens during the dance break. It was absolutely electric live and the dance closeups took a lot of that away imo.

I Don't Give A - I wish they showed Nicki during the "there's only one queen and that's Madonna - BITCH" part, and I wish they focused on a singular shot of the very end when she raises her hand and "smashes" the cross behind her.

To be fair, I love the broadcast. But, after read the above comments, I checked out the ggw video link above...n I honestly think it is better than the official edit in certain places....the break down was better...n the jump was more dramatic..... N certain angles where it shows the stage n the block arrangements.

Is there a praise thread anywhere? I watched the show twice and was blew away. I just want to hear positive thoughts...not just gripes from irrelevant fags.

Many of you are just TOO PETTY

Is there a praise thread anywhere? I watched the show twice and was blew away. I just want to hear positive thoughts...not just gripes from irrelevant fags.

I agree! I loved the show as well! It was fun and brought me right on back to the GT. :)

Guest SecretGarden

Wait, hold on, someone giving a different opinion to you is suddenly an "irrelevant fag"? seriously?! Constructive criticism isn't allowed at this forum? If you don't want to hear opinions, thoughts and critiques then what are you doing on an Internet message board?

I'm seriously baffled.

Edited by SecretGarden

This was probably brought up and answered before somewhere, but in the interlude before Turn Up the Radio where they play a mini Madonna mix why did they cut out 4 Minutes and Ray of Light do you think?

Wow -- you know, a small part of my brain felt like, "that transition went by quickly" (because I noticed they spliced in footage of her backstage while the TUTR intro was playing) -- but I didn't quite catch this! Flop fan.

Perhaps they edited the show here (just slightly) to get it down to 2 hours? (For example, I noticed there's no "Holiday" in this version -- wondering if the DVD/Blu-ray will include it? Maybe? Fingers crossed? lol.)

I would have to go back and look, but ... I will say this, I thought for certain I saw "4 Minutes" included in the credits. Like where it would say, such and such "contains elements of ..." and it will list things. LAV/Love Spent listed "Evgeni's Waltz" ... GGW listed Material Girl and Give It 2 Me, etc. [The reason I remember this was, I was thinking to myself that it's funny how much this forum kind of dumped on Hard Candy, but it's clear Madonna hasn't completely abandoned it... Candy Shop is reinvented and performed in the tour, plus GI2M is interpolated in two performances, She's Not Me, as well. And I was thinking to myself -- it's all Pharrell's collaborations -- why no Timbaland/JT stuff? But then I think "4 Minutes" kind of broke that theory, since it is in the TUTR intro. Or is it?! lol. I can't recall. My memory isn't what it used to be ... if I'm making this up about the credits, I'll be a little scared that my brain is failing.]

Interestingly enough -- and perhaps this has already been pointed out, too? -- but Express Yourself does NOT include credits for "Born This Way," though it DOES include credits for "She's Not Me." I thought "OMG! Oh NO she didn't!" But it's actually pretty genius of Madonna. If Gaga were to sue her over the omission, Gaga would look petty/desperate rather than M, and M could countersue for the BTW/EY infringement. (If Madonna lost in Belgium for three notes in "Frozen," it's unlikely Gaga would win when she lifts the melodic line of her chorus directly from EY.) Check and mate! Well played, M.

Wait, hold on, someone giving a different opinion to you is suddenly an "irrelevant fag"? seriously?! Constructive criticism isn't allowed at this forum? If you don't want to hear opinions, thoughts and critiques then what are you doing on an Internet message board?

I'm seriously baffled.

Here to revel in Madonnas greatness in positive ways babe

Go get fucked and come back and stop whining over spilled milk.

Guest SecretGarden

Here to revel in Madonnas greatness in positive ways babe

Go get fucked

Why are you getting angry? I praised the concert as one of her best tours, I love the tour, I just hated the broadcast, too many cheesy effects and bad editing.

Most people in this thread ARE positive about the broadcast anyway.

Guest SecretGarden

Well, sorry if I come off that way but the whole point of being here is to discuss Madonna - the good and the bad, were all fans at the end of the day.

Can we just get along please! Secret Garden was just giving his 2 cents and at least he was being not being an asshole while doing so. Let's respect his opinion. Most of us seem to be loving the broadcast anyway, so...

this DVD is all about the Fans!!!so happy to be seeing the fans singing along in close ups...after 30 years ..it's sort of a giving back to us!!! watching it again for the nth time..im still amazed..the flaws, if ever present, are negligible at best..

Guest bluejean

I watched the 1st section on Madonnarama while I wait for the torrent to download and it's amazing.

I don't really like the slow motion during the stunts in Gang Bang and Hung Up. It ruins the live feel. But oh well. I also think the climax of IDGA wasn't quite done justice.

Overall though its great. The person who said its "a mess" can't be serious.

Just watched it again. LOVE IT!!!

By far her best filmed tour.

Barely even noticed the continuity issues (as you get so caught up in the whole thing). Best tour audio for a film by far too!!!

I seriously cannot praise this enough. 3 decades into a career where most don't last a fraction of that...and this woman just gets fucking better, in every way.

God damn.

The intro/prayer was done perfectly- they showed perfect shots of the dancers, the golden urn, and the video backdrop.....and they interlaced those three together at certain points giving u the feeling u were in the church.

As most posters have said, none of this was done on girl gone wild. I wished they would have showed the video backdrop-- it was amazing live and on regular youtube videos

Not angry I'm giving you advice you seem very high strung

You're the one highly strung and a touch patronising. His comments were fine. That's what forums are for.

I've watched the first four songs. I think Revolver is the best so far. It just seems really well shot and she looks great. PDP worked well too. GGW is good because it lets you see the choreography although it all seems quite distant. It's amazing how strong the opening is considering none of the songs were hits or are just album tracks.

I've also watched Vogue and I'm A Sinner which are both great. Once again, I agree that some of the editing isn't great, missing some key parts of the song but overall, it's such a great show.

Yep, lazy fans. The only (saint) person that is working on it is a nation member but I still can't believe he's the ONLY ONE.

Great! At least a rip is coming from somewhere... God bless whoever the forum member is!! ;-)

Edited by Mr Ciccone

I have tried to rip it as well but it always gave me a small file of a few kbs.. i guess epix (like most sites) is using (protected) Flash. which is normal anyway otherwise everyone would just rip all their movies in the free trial..