AUSDONNA!!!! - Aussie Fan Thread

Guest CUBB

mnation - you say you "don't look back at all", but you've returned to a Madonna forum to tell us that you still don't care....yet you're still bitter.....? :(

As an aside, I don't think anyone here is "obsessed with just one woman". Madonna is clearly the favourite artist of everyone who posts in this thread, but I think it's safe to say that we all have a deep appreciation for a broad and diverse range of artists, not just Madonna. It's good that you've discovered a lot of new music since you gave up on Madonna, but that doesn't mean that the rest of us haven't already discovered that music and appreciated it alongside Madonna's :)

Ok just a quick recap... when Madonna promised she would come to Australia and then abandoned us again at the last possible minute, fucking up everyones plans and being like a big shit being done on the face of her Australian fan base...

I threw out everything, I gave up on her completely and you know what, I don't look back at all.. It was actually extremely liberating.. there is so much fucking good music out there in the world, it is a bit silly to be so obsessed with one woman.

I will probably always admire her as a celebrity and some of her classic songs will always be in my heart but what she did to us as is just as unforgivable now as it was at the time and she is still kind of dead to me now... because why? oh Lola is going to be moving out of home in a few years..

WTF!!??

Fuck you

The day the music died indeed

Maybe I should get a job writing for an online publication and become a thorn in her side? Nah I wouldn't do that, I still love and respect her but I'm just really over it now, she killed it. You can't fuck people around like that and not even give a reason until months later on the same day your fashion collection launches in that country , oh and the excuse is the lamest thing you ever heard

Still bitter much?

A person who is not bitter is Madonna because she still has your money :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone ever end up finding the deluxe edition of The MDNA Tour here? I suspect Interscope cancelled its release :( It's been removed completely from the JB Hi Fi website, and Sanity has it listed as "more stock available end of October".

Did anyone ever end up finding the deluxe edition of The MDNA Tour here? I suspect Interscope cancelled its release :( It's been removed completely from the JB Hi Fi website, and Sanity has it listed as "more stock available end of October".

I think they recalled it all because of the shitty quality.

It will be re-released again soon.

• 2 weeks later...

mnation - you say you "don't look back at all", but you've returned to a Madonna forum to tell us that you still don't care....yet you're still bitter.....? :(

As an aside, I don't think anyone here is "obsessed with just one woman". Madonna is clearly the favourite artist of everyone who posts in this thread, but I think it's safe to say that we all have a deep appreciation for a broad and diverse range of artists, not just Madonna. It's good that you've discovered a lot of new music since you gave up on Madonna, but that doesn't mean that the rest of us haven't already discovered that music and appreciated it alongside Madonna's :)

You are a lovely person, I have chatted to you before.. i mean no disrespect to other M fans.. I am still interested in Madonna as a celebrity and never stopped coming to this forum..

It's like when you are in a relationship and feel like you would never have the strength to get out but then the other person does something really shitty that makes you hate them just enough to get out of the relationship and then you realise how much better off you are

I just think what she did to her Australian fans is unacceptable and I just can't anymore ok

Plus the way she has dealt with the whole Gaga shit thing in the past year proves that she has lost the plot a bit.. she opened her mouth about it for the first time to promote that movie and look at the damage it did, the whole situation is ridiculous, she should have been flattered that the biggest new artist around was so obsessed with her... Gaga was a fan and now it's a big mess... what the fuck was Madonna thinking... !!??

Especially considering how many of her own songs sound a lot like ones that have come before.. it was so rich of her to complain about something like that and doing BTW live was like so pathetic it defies all logic and reason. Cherish, Who's that Girl, Celebration... look em up! if you sing the chorus of M's Celebration and then the chorus of Kylie's cover of the original, its sounds like the same song. She should perform Eurythmics version of Who's that Girl live on her next tour and see if anyone notices the difference..

You are a lovely person, I have chatted to you before.. i mean no disrespect to other M fans.. I am still interested in Madonna as a celebrity and never stopped coming to this forum..

It's like when you are in a relationship and feel like you would never have the strength to get out but then the other person does something really shitty that makes you hate them just enough to get out of the relationship and then you realise how much better off you are

I just think what she did to her Australian fans is unacceptable and I just can't anymore ok

Plus the way she has dealt with the whole Gaga shit thing in the past year proves that she has lost the plot a bit.. she opened her mouth about it for the first time to promote that movie and look at the damage it did, the whole situation is ridiculous, she should have been flattered that the biggest new artist around was so obsessed with her... Gaga was a fan and now it's a big mess... what the fuck was Madonna thinking... !!??

Especially considering how many of her own songs sound a lot like ones that have come before.. it was so rich of her to complain about something like that and doing BTW live was like so pathetic it defies all logic and reason. Cherish, Who's that Girl, Celebration... look em up! if you sing the chorus of M's Celebration and then the chorus of Kylie's cover of the original, its sounds like the same song. She should perform Eurythmics version of Who's that Girl live on her next tour and see if anyone notices the difference..

tumblr_lj03wmjfkj1qakh43o1_400.gif

Ok just a quick recap... when Madonna promised she would come to Australia and then abandoned us again at the last possible minute, fucking up everyones plans and being like a big shit being done on the face of her Australian fan base...

I threw out everything, I gave up on her completely and you know what, I don't look back at all.. It was actually extremely liberating.. there is so much fucking good music out there in the world, it is a bit silly to be so obsessed with one woman.

I will probably always admire her as a celebrity and some of her classic songs will always be in my heart but what she did to us as is just as unforgivable now as it was at the time and she is still kind of dead to me now... because why? oh Lola is going to be moving out of home in a few years..

WTF!!??

Fuck you

The day the music died indeed

Maybe I should get a job writing for an online publication and become a thorn in her side? Nah I wouldn't do that, I still love and respect her but I'm just really over it now, she killed it. You can't fuck people around like that and not even give a reason until months later on the same day your fashion collection launches in that country , oh and the excuse is the lamest thing you ever heard

Still bitter much?

There are ways to move forward in a positive manner you know - I saw her 20 years ago tonight in Brisbane and that's it. I spent the money I'd saved on a holiday, heaps of new Madonna items and some other concerts.

I felt fucked over too however we can move forward, I'm saving for London for the next tour

I can understand how you are feeling about the cancelled tour and sympathise I was very upset about it as well. . However, the fact that you are bringing up the whole Gaga business and totally putting the blame on Madonna probably shows why you don't like her much anymore. Perhaps your heart belongs to other female singers now. Shame because you can like both or like several singers at the same time. Anyway, sad you feel that way as you obviously was a huge fan once.

Cool hat! :-)

Thanks GU. You have a snapback version of a Vogue hat don't you? Or was it someone else?

It cost me $10 to buy off ebay :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rachelle of London

The company I work for are branching out to Australia in the next year, so were all gonna be trained on Australia. The banking systems, geography, demographics etc

Cant wait

The company I work for are branching out to Australia in the next year, so were all gonna be trained on Australia. The banking systems, geography, demographics etc Cant wait

Just remember when throwing a boomerang to snag you some bush tucker, always bend the wrist at a forty five degree angle!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This heat-wave is horrible. It is already 42 degrees in Melbourne and it is going to be as hot for at least 4 days. I am terrified of bushfires happening again. Last time it was this hot in Victoria, we had Black Saturday which was one of the most tragic and horrible days in our history.

43.5 here in Adelaide right now, we have 46 to look forward to tomorrow :(

I just had a Razz Sunnyboy so I'm set for the next hour!

Hi Bretticus, great to see someone posting here from Adelaide. :thumbsup: Your weather is even hotter and more unbearable than ours in Melbourne. Keep cool and don't get burnt.

Hi Bretticus, great to see someone posting here from Adelaide. :thumbsup: Your weather is even hotter and more unbearable than ours in Melbourne. Keep cool and don't get burnt.

Thanks I will :-) I haven't even stepped outside today, I am missing the sunshine... the beach will be calling me this evening though I think.