AUSDONNA!!!! - Aussie Fan Thread

Guest CUBB

I have a completely off-topic question for you guys. One of my oldest friends (we've been friends for 23 years, I was one of his groomsmen at his wedding 18 years ago etc. etc.) has just started work at the same place as me (he and his family have moved back to the Gold Coast after a decade away). He told me in passing today that he had defriended me from Facebook (we've been Facebook Friends for about seven years). In his words, "I have a very strict policy that I don't have social media contact with anyone I work with - sorry!" I was a bit taken aback and said, "Oh, OK....can I still be friends with [your wife]?" He said, "Yes, that's fine, although she might decide to defriend you, too. We've had trouble with workmates in the past. I hope you understand." He did say that it was a pain in the neck sometimes, but he needed to be strict and not make exceptions for anyone.

I have to admit that I'm miffed (in spite of my telling him it was fine). It's not as though I'm someone new he's met at work who wants to be his Facebook buddy - we've been friends for well over half our lives and I know for a fact that I was the only person at my workplace that he was friends with before he arrived, so it's not as though I'm part of a general cull. I know I'm overreacting, but it's almost as though he's establishing new boundaries for our friendship, now that we work together. Then he told me that he'd have me over for lunch with some old mutual friends at some stage soon (!). What are your thoughts?

OK, I've got that off my chest, now! Most of you are probably wondering what the problem is, but it's amazing the impact that being defriended by one of your oldest friends can have....!

I have a completely off-topic question for you guys. One of my oldest friends (we've been friends for 23 years, I was one of his groomsmen at his wedding 18 years ago etc. etc.) has just started work at the same place as me (he and his family have moved back to the Gold Coast after a decade away). He told me in passing today that he had defriended me from Facebook (we've been Facebook Friends for about seven years). In his words, "I have a very strict policy that I don't have social media contact with anyone I work with - sorry!" I was a bit taken aback and said, "Oh, OK....can I still be friends with [your wife]?" He said, "Yes, that's fine, although she might decide to defriend you, too. We've had trouble with workmates in the past. I hope you understand." He did say that it was a pain in the neck sometimes, but he needed to be strict and not make exceptions for anyone.

I have to admit that I'm miffed (in spite of my telling him it was fine). It's not as though I'm someone new he's met at work who wants to be his Facebook buddy - we've been friends for well over half our lives and I know for a fact that I was the only person at my workplace that he was friends with before he arrived, so it's not as though I'm part of a general cull. I know I'm overreacting, but it's almost as though he's establishing new boundaries for our friendship, now that we work together. Then he told me that he'd have me over for lunch with some old mutual friends at some stage soon (!). What are your thoughts?

OK, I've got that off my chest, now! Most of you are probably wondering what the problem is, but it's amazing the impact that being defriended by one of your oldest friends can have....!

Eh.

My advice would be to get off Facebook altogether. It's an excellent feeling to let it go.

i'd say him a big "fuck you" with a smile on my face, then adding "do what you want (with your fb)"

:angry:

:medusa:

:scorpion:

:catty:

Hey you! That was my spare mug I sent you...I was keeping it in mint condition for when it's worth thousands. Be happy I sacrificed for you! :)

Vande, now that you are our newest honorary Aussie, when are you coming here for a holiday ? You even have an Aussie star in your signature. I always laugh at that Cate gif, she looks like she is having an orgasm. :lol:

well...i can tell you that after eating vegemite i started randomly eaten leaves up on trees around the streets....but i'm down cause i know it's not eucalyptus....and don't know why i started jumping without reasons on a daily basis.... :electropop:

well...i can tell you that after eating vegemite i started randomly eaten leaves up on trees around the streets....but i'm down cause i know it's not eucalyptus....and don't know why i started jumping without reasons on a daily basis.... :electropop:

:lmao: Vande, You do have to find Eucalyptus trees to be like a koala

giphy.gif

Correct ( about being spot on, as always ;) ) and just in time, it finishes in a couple of weeks and then WICKED is returning :)

Has anyone seen grease, I like the movie and ONJ, but this looks like tacky shit?

• 1 month later...
Guest Rachelle of London

I don't live there but know the area. Why do you ask?

Real Housewives of Melbourne is set there :tigger:

Anyone here from Melbourne?

If so do you live near/in or go to Toorak?

Chelle, Toorak is where all of the ultra posh millionaires live and they love to talk about it too. Also, when a lot of Australian celebrities from "working class" suburbs become rich, they often love to buy a place in Toorak and brag about it.

This is a house in Toorak

main.jpg

Guest Rachelle of London

When I get rich I'll buy a home in Toorak just so I can be friends with Janet and Gina!

Is Jacqui a bogan? If she was a Brit we'd call her a chav? Is it the same thing?

I love Australia

Guest Rachelle of London

It's one of the most affluent areas in Melbourne.

I imagine they'll be like this.

mqdefault.jpg

Yesssssss. :lmao:

When I get rich I'll buy a home in Toorak just so I can be friends with Janet and Gina!

Is Jacqui a bogan? If she was a Brit we'd call her a chav? Is it the same thing?

I love Australia

Chelle, Jackie is an absolute bogan. Gina and Janet would be great to hang around with.

• 2 weeks later...