AUSDONNA!!!! - Aussie Fan Thread

Guest CUBB

Beginning her tour here would only be the START of paying us back for 21 years of neglect resulting in severe psychological damage, further fueled by heartless broken promises of a return.

Signed personal photos with all appropriately documented Australian citizens would be the next step.

More to come.

Fingers crossed. Michael Gudinski seems to be a reliable source though. He had wonderful things to say about Madonna when he brought her Girlie show tour to Australia. Said she was professional, beautiful, polite and very intelligent.

Don't pray too hard you will give yourself bells palsy :)

Don't worry the usual will happen:

" I'm definently coming to Australia this time, I promise"

"sorry Australia I cannot make it this time due to my allergies to dingo fur, but I promise I will definently tour next time "

Australians get rightly angry at Madonna fucking us over with her bullshit lies....again

Pharmacists all over oz are happy because anti anxiety and anti depressant pills sell by the bucket load

Everything back to normal after 3 months.

I have a terror washing over me - after 21 years I'm a bit stressed that if she does come, I won't get a ticket near the front or it will sell out etc I haven't had to buy Madonna tickets ever as for The Girlie Show my contact at Warner got me tickets which I paid for so yep if she announces a tour I will stress out for months.....and then worry that she'll cancel or I'll die or something lol

Of course you'll get tickets. Are you an ICON member? I always get good tickets with them....not quite front row, but pretty good 😎

The reason I bit the bullet and travelled to Europe for MDNA was because I knew that it would be virtually impossible to get decent tickets for Australian shows (I made my decision when I found out about the Early Admission packages on offer in Europe). I had zero luck getting decent tickets through ICON for S & S (it was the Live Nation pre-sales that helped me out there, not ICON). For MDNA, I discovered that ICON had mucked up my membership and didn't have me on their books as a Legacy member (Legacy members had access to the pre-sales an hour earlier than regular ICON members). I sent them proof of my membership, but they said that unfortunately, they couldn't restore my Legacy status before the pre-sale began, so I missed out. It was a debacle, really.

It's going to be a bloodbath getting tickets in Australia, particularly if they have all allocated seating (which I'm betting any amount of money they do, given that this is what Guy had planned for the 2013 shows here). If people want any hope of getting a decent spot, they're going to have to be willing to forego all others and buy single tickets :dramatic:

^Matt, it doesn't make a scrap of difference whether you're with a friend or not. If you've got good tickets, you're going to be surrounded by other major fans and you'll have a ball (as you know)! :thumbsup:

I saw both shows in New York (Confessions) Rome and Dusseldorf (S&S) with a friend (a fellow Madonna nut - actually, he's a much bigger nut than I am, since he downs tools for months and goes to dozens of shows every time she tours, the lucky thing!), and I was a bit worried about how it would be doing it alone for MDNA (our schedules didn't coincide last time - our planes literally crossed paths as he flew home to Australia from his first batch of MDNA shows and I flew to Europe for my only shows), but it was equally as brilliant, and I met some great people (apart from the unpleasant guy from Sydney who thought I was insane for flying all the way to Berlin to see Madonna - he'd lived there for 10 years and said that he didn't think much of Madonna these days and hadn't even heard her latest album, but still forked out for early access tickets and lined up for hours to get in....!).

My friend and I ended up together for Confessions thanks to ICON (by chance), and we bought Early Access tickets for S & S (General Admission).

I have a terror washing over me - after 21 years I'm a bit stressed that if she does come, I won't get a ticket near the front or it will sell out etc I haven't had to buy Madonna tickets ever as for The Girlie Show my contact at Warner got me tickets which I paid for so yep if she announces a tour I will stress out for months.....and then worry that she'll cancel or I'll die or something lol

Matt, your about 8 foot 10. You could see her from the back. Think about us small folk who always get stuck behind someone like you ;)

I really hope that the people like us manage to get brilliant seats. You hear stories about Ticketek crashing when tickets by artists like Katy Perry, Prince, One Direction etc. go on sale. Everyone and their dog is going to be after tickets, because the assumption will be that this will be the last time that Madonna will ever tour Australia (let's hope that this isn't the case, though!). The scalpers are going to be going all out to grab as many tickets as they can, which will make it even harder to get good tickets.

If you're not already registered with ICON, join now. Those of us who are Legacy members will receive access to tickets early (a reward for being longterm financial members of the club, back when they used to charge an annual subscription and provide members with a gift each year), but they usually then have a special sale an hour later for those who are "regular" members.

I was counting on a December visit (i.e. the tour starting in the northern summer and then finishing in the southern summer), but if "early 2015" turns out to be true, I'll be restricted to just one show in Brisbane, since it definitely won't coincide with any school holidays. I still think late 2015 is more likely than early 2015, though, because playing in outdoor venues in Europe really isn't feasible until late May onwards, and with the football season starting in March here, outdoor venues won't be available for concerts at a time that will allow her to go straight to Europe from here. Maybe she'll start here, go to the US (where she performs mainly indoors anyway), then move to Europe and stadiums in June, ending the tour around September.

I wish I had contacts in the industry!

Will good tickets really be that hard to get? There will be VIP packages and such won't there? I don't mind paying through the roof for a ticket.

I hope there is another golden triangle situation though.

If Madonna does tour Australia next year this will be the third M tour I've attended.

Only Aussie tour I saw was the Girlie Show and I was living in London during the Drowned World Tour and luckily managed 5th row seats!

Contemplated going overseas for the MDNA tour but then it was heavily confirmed that it was coming to Oz.

And we all know how that turned out...

I think the Tour I regret missing the most is the Re-Invention Tour.

Most exciting concert I am attending this year is KATE BUSH, I'm seeing her twice in September!!!

Got 2 tickets for my partner and I in middle stalls and then incredibly scored 1 more ticket a few days later in the 5th row centre!

Can't believe I'm going to be about 2 metres away from Kate! :tigger:

Edited by humanracin

Will good tickets really be that hard to get? There will be VIP packages and such won't there? I don't mind paying through the roof for a ticket.

I hope there is another golden triangle situation though.

Yes, unfortunately :( They'll have VIP packages etc., but they will sell instantly, regardless of the cost. If they have General Admission, it will be far less complicated, but if it's all allocated seating, as I said before, it's going to be a bloodbath. Look how difficult it is to get decent tickets for P!nk and Katy Perry these days? Even the VIP packages for Lady Gaga sold out straight away. I remember when Prince toured here a few years ago, the Ticketek website crashed and people complained that by the time they even got through to the website, only seats right at the back were available.

Yes, unfortunately :( They'll have VIP packages etc., but they will sell instantly, regardless of the cost. If they have General Admission, it will be far less complicated, but if it's all allocated seating, as I said before, it's going to be a bloodbath. Look how difficult it is to get decent tickets for P!nk and Katy Perry these days? Even the VIP packages for Lady Gaga sold out straight away. I remember when Prince toured here a few years ago, the Ticketek website crashed and people complained that by the time they even got through to the website, only seats right at the back were available.

This is my worst nightmare

Even if she's full of shit, I'm happy to get swept away with it all :dramatic:

Why did she suddenly say this anyway?

Carly - I'm sorry :( I even had real trouble getting a decent ticket to see Cyndi Lauper last year. I got online during a pre-sale and the best I could get was 10th row in a small venue, but since I've seen her several times from right up the front (and I knew I wasn't teaching a class when tickets went on sale to the general public), I decided to try my luck the instant the general tickets went on sale (they had only released a tiny number of pre-sale tickets spread throughout the entire venue, so I figured there would still be a heap of the best tickets left). I got onto the "buy tickets" site within 5 seconds of them going on sale and I got Row 15, which was literally halfway back. Mind you, Cyndi always runs into the crowd and up and down the aisles, so my end row seat still saw her standing right next to me, but it wasn't anywhere near the front and I had to put up with drunk women screeching "DO TROO CALAHS!!!" at the tops of their voices every time a song ended.

How many of us here were paid members of Icon when they scrapped the subscription service?

My contact sent me an email over the weekend asking me if we were going to see her together in 2015. No mention of Australia, though. It does mean that he's heard that a tour is in the works, but this is a surprise to no one.

Carly - I'm sorry :( I even had real trouble getting a decent ticket to see Cyndi Lauper last year. I got online during a pre-sale and the best I could get was 10th row in a small venue, but since I've seen her several times from right up the front (and I knew I wasn't teaching a class when tickets went on sale to the general public), I decided to try my luck the instant the general tickets went on sale (they had only released a tiny number of pre-sale tickets spread throughout the entire venue, so I figured there would still be a heap of the best tickets left). I got onto the "buy tickets" site within 5 seconds of them going on sale and I got Row 15, which was literally halfway back. Mind you, Cyndi always runs into the crowd and up and down the aisles, so my end row seat still saw her standing right next to me, but it wasn't anywhere near the front and I had to put up with drunk women screeching "DO TROO CALAHS!!!" at the tops of their voices every time a song ended.

How many of us here were paid members of Icon when they scrapped the subscription service?

Carta, I was a member of Icon and used to love getting those magazines in the post. Then when the expiry date on my card was reached, I wrote to them with the new expiry date but they never got back to me and just stopped my membership. I tried calling them on the international number but could never get through. So have not been a member of Icon for ages.

Image if everyone got into the stadium, the lights dim, a big screen lowers and The Girlie Show:Live From Down Under starts!

:lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

Image if everyone got into the stadium, the lights dim, a big screen lowers and The Girlie Show:Live From Down Under starts!

:lmao:

:dead: