MDNA Album Thread

Butter9

Guest bluejean

Remixes r overrated, other than a good 12" i don't c the use. Did people actually listen 2 all that Calderone crap at home?

No, there are way better remixes than those. Do you want me to make you a mixtape of the best remixes to listen to at home? :lol:

From madonnarama.com >>>>>

Exclusive – Perez Hilton to premiere MDNA the upcoming weeks

Eager to hear the new Madonna album, MDNA?

Madonnarama has some exclusive news to reveal…

Each week, starting tomorrow, Perez Hilton will premiere 3 songs of the new MDNA album by posting 60 second snippets!

This week we’ll start with…

6 March, 9 AM PST – 60 sec snippet of “I’m Addicted”

7 March, 9 AM PST – 60 sec snippet of “Love Spent”

8 March, 9 AM PST – TBA

Stay tuned for more exclusive Madonna news…

-- Get your Madonna World Tour tickets... Click here!

Posted on March 5th, 2012

:dramatic:

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/03/05/exclusive-perez-hilton-to-premiere-mdna-the-upcoming-weeks-2/#ixzz1oHJElPAL

Guest bluejean

From madonnarama.com >>>>>

Exclusive – Perez Hilton to premiere MDNA the upcoming weeks

Eager to hear the new Madonna album, MDNA?

Madonnarama has some exclusive news to reveal…

Each week, starting tomorrow, Perez Hilton will premiere 3 songs of the new MDNA album by posting 60 second snippets!

This week we’ll start with…

6 March, 9 AM PST – 60 sec snippet of “I’m Addicted”

7 March, 9 AM PST – 60 sec snippet of “Love Spent”

8 March, 9 AM PST – TBA

Stay tuned for more exclusive Madonna news…

-- Get your Madonna World Tour tickets... Click here!

Posted on March 5th, 2012

:dramatic:

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/03/05/exclusive-perez-hilton-to-premiere-mdna-the-upcoming-weeks-2/#ixzz1oHJElPAL

This news is like a day old now :lol:

No, there are way better remixes than those. Do you want me to make you a mixtape of the best remixes to listen to at home? :lol:

No, I have all her maxi's :fag: But u can make me a sandwich.

Guest bluejean

I agree actually. I don't remember the last time I listened to a remix (other than that Justin Cognito GGW mix on here).

There's so many I love. Stereo MC's Frozen, Orbit's Justify My Love, Sasha's Ray of Light, Groove Amarda's Music, Shep's Like a Prayer, Timo Maas's Don't Tell Me, Junior's Secret, Orbital's Bedtime Story. I can't say they're ever better than the originals but sometimes they're equally as good.

she really doesn't give a fuck about her musical career, does she? :/

No, apparently W.E.: Guy O. (he brought Benassis to the table) and Lola (judges the songs) are handling it now..

Seriously, what about those endless rumors early this year that "everybody/countless of people are working so hard to make this era amazing and best evah"? and now it seems plans change every other second..

I really though they would have stronger songs/ballads on the album than Masterpiece for a single..

There's so many I love. Stereo MC's Frozen, Orbit's Justify My Love, Sasha's Ray of Light, Groove Amarda's Music. I can't say they're ever better than the originals but sometimes they're equally as good.

I collected all of Madonna's US maxi's up to Confessions but I only listened to those later ones once. The only remixes I remember loving were Orbit's mixes of ROL which were more like extended rockier mixes of the song and the Groove Armada mix of Music that you mentioned. Also the Calderone mix of WIFLFAG that was performed on the DWT. Stuart did a good job with remixing some of his own tracks but those were like extended mixes again.

Guest bluejean

Also the Calderone mix of WIFLFAG that was performed on the DWT.

I love that version too. I don't agree with what you're saying but I admit the remixes for the last few albums haven't really brought anything worthwhile to the songs. There seems to be too much emphasis on creating generic sounding club mixes. And not just one or two but a whole bunch of them that all sound the same.

I'm not saying Madonna's mixes are bad, I don't know enough about mixes to make that call. Club mixes in general aren't my thing. I hate to mention HER in here but Lady Gaga's remix EP for BTW was good because it was more like the songs were re-imagined by the people remixing them rather than just getting remixed for clubs. That's something I like.

Guest bluejean

I'm not saying Madonna's mixes are bad, I don't know enough about mixes to make that call. Club mixes in general aren't my thing. I hate to mention HER in here but Lady Gaga's remix EP for BTW was good because it was more like the songs were re-imagined by the people remixing them rather than just getting remixed for clubs. That's something I like.

If you're talking about the Born This Way Remix album, I have to disagree there. Apart from Hurts doing Judas I thought her remixes were mostly generic club mixes.

And Madonna had plenty of remixes in the past that were "re-imagined by the people remixing them" not just for the clubs. It's only recently its become solely generic club remixes.

That's what I'm talking about. I haven't listened to it that much (remixes aren't my thing as I mentioned) but I remember liking it and thinking the mixes sounded unique and original and that she had picked nice people (foster the people, the horrors, Goldfrapp, the weeknd etc). Anyway I better stop talking about it before someone freaks.

Guest bluejean

That's what I'm talking about. I haven't listened to it that much (remixes aren't my thing as I mentioned) but I remember liking it and thinking the mixes sounded unique and original and that she had picked nice people (foster the people, the horrors, Goldfrapp, the weeknd etc). Anyway I better stop talking about it before someone freaks.

I will agree she picked good remixers compared to Madonna's recent choices. And yes you are right end of conversation before someone loses an eye :lol:

I live for remixes. I absolutely love Oakenfold's versions of Give It 2 Me and Hollywood. COADF was the worst era with most of them really poor electro mixes. Calderone's version of Frozen is storming. It was his first so sounded new. Everything afterwards was very generic. I love Tracy Young's Music. Such a great build but I realise my taste in general is pretty different to most people here.

GMAYL remixes were very poor. All very similar. In fact, the LMFAO turned out to be the best!

I'm hoping for some more house ones. Unfortunately, I feel the management are desperate to keep her current and are just trying to keep up with trends and get her some club play.

As for releases in general, I think everyone's been taken by surprise by the relative lack of success of GMAYL and mixed response to GGW so it would appear they're testing in the US although it's all just guesswork. It will be interesting what happens on Wednesday and what they announce.

She has filmed a video for GGW so there isn't many choices really..unless they go without one.

She should destroy it and use the official one on youtube with the crazy girl.. It's soooo good, it fits the song perfectly!!!

:crazy:

She should destroy it and use the official one on youtube with the crazy girl.. It's soooo good, it fits the song perfectly!!!

Maybe you should make one for her. You look like you're capable. Got a résumé?

its lovely but how does Madonna feel about it?