VMA '09 rumours thread

Guest Hot Revolver

She showed up to introduce Janet at the 2004 Grammys??

i guess he's talking about MADONNA introducing Sting at the grammies.......well...listen...MTV better do something for the Queen of Pop.

I would love if the announcer says

"And now please welcome the Queen of Pop to help introduce a tribute to the King of Pop."

And Madonna walks out in her queeny glory....and introduces Janet who then breaks into her speech.

There is only one way to announce her appropriately in the MTV universe. And that is "The king is dead, long live the queen". And now all bow down to the queen. Here is Madonna.

* TV screen shows "Celebration" & "Revolver" is available for download on iTunes now *

Sorry, but Madonna can't downgrade herself introducing a popstar that only talked shit about her...and I don't care if it's for a Michael Jackson tribute.

Seriously, if that is true I will be pretty pissed.

Guest chatty kathy

I hope she looks as hot as she did at her birthday party this year

something sexy but classy

Evita w/a sheer skirt?

To each there own, I'd rather see her in a sexy gown.

But I'm still not expecting her to even show.

Guest ursaminorjim

:shock:

That's a harbinger if it's real...

:dramatic:

I don't think it's real, though. The ads for the VMAs have all been specifically filmed for the show so far, and none of tem have been under 30 seconds.

This is what Janet said in an interview with HX magazine last year (obviously, th "lashing out" is a joke in reference to the comments about the drag queens):

Both Janet Jackson and Madonna is coming out with their new albums these days and there may be something to the rumors that the two superstars aren't the best of friends: In a new interview with gay glossy HX magazine, Janet lashes out against the Material Girl.

HX: I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there's an Internet war between Janet and Madonna fans. I know you and Madonna had some beef in the '90s, but do you think the heat between Madonna and Janet fans has any validity?

Janet: No - I didn't know this was going on. [Laughs]

HX: They argue, make videos and, of course, it's mostly the gay fans. So people are curious: What are your thoughts on Madonna now?

Janet: I think she's done wonderful things. She's done great things in her career, in her life, and more power to her. I think fans will always be that way - always. They're just incredibly loyal and they love you so much that if anyone says anything remotely negative, they're there to just immediately jump on them. It'll always be that way - very loyal.

HX: If a "Janet" drag queen had to battle a "Madonna" drag queen, what advice would you give the "Janet" queen?

Janet: Kick the bitch's ass!

This is what Janet said in an interview with HX magazine last year (obviously, th "lashing out" is a joke in reference to the comments about the drag queens):

Both Janet Jackson and Madonna is coming out with their new albums these days and there may be something to the rumors that the two superstars aren't the best of friends: In a new interview with gay glossy HX magazine, Janet lashes out against the Material Girl.

HX: I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there's an Internet war between Janet and Madonna fans. I know you and Madonna had some beef in the '90s, but do you think the heat between Madonna and Janet fans has any validity?

Janet: No - I didn't know this was going on. [Laughs]

HX: They argue, make videos and, of course, it's mostly the gay fans. So people are curious: What are your thoughts on Madonna now?

Janet: I think she's done wonderful things. She's done great things in her career, in her life, and more power to her. I think fans will always be that way - always. They're just incredibly loyal and they love you so much that if anyone says anything remotely negative, they're there to just immediately jump on them. It'll always be that way - very loyal.

HX: If a "Janet" drag queen had to battle a "Madonna" drag queen, what advice would you give the "Janet" queen?

Janet: Kick the bitch's ass!

:lol: @ the advice to the Janet drag queen. Gotta love Dunk!!

Guest ursaminorjim

Why would Madonna need to introduce Janet?

Well, Janet is the first recipient of the MTV Icon tribute. Madonna's never had that honor.

Poor Madonna. Must be crushing.

Guest Not4Pussies

madonna HAS moved on, she supported janet during the whole nipplegate thing

she gave her a shout out when janet received a humanitarian award

and she even picked janet's feedback on her itunes playlist last year

as for janet, its not very clear if she has moved on.

the only recent comment is the one from HX magazine

Madonna will introduce Janet Jackson's tribute to her late brother at Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards, I'm now hearing "Scream" is involved in Janet's piece...and that Madonna—who as of right now is not seated for the show—might be providing a pre-taped intro. We'll see!

from boyculture.typepad.com

Guest bluejean

Madonna should be there performing Revolver and receiving a special created just for Madonna award. If she will be there just to introduce Janet that is a terrible waste of energy.

I can't wait to see Janet's performance. Has she lost weight though?

ursa, MJ and Madonna were already establiished icons, so that's why they didn't have a program dedicated to them for that (note their images, along with Prine and was it U2?- in the opening credits for that initial program). Do you think that, as good as she is, Janet would be honored before the two of them? Come on now.

M should appear live and then just leave after watching the tribute, as there'd be no reason for her to stay.