VMA '09 rumours thread

Guest Hot Revolver

Guest hot revolver

Madonna may be 51, but don't you dare think for even a second that she's too old for MTV.

There's a rumor flying around that the Queen of Pop will perform her new single "Celebration" at next month's Video Music Awards in New York City.

Those set to perform during the show, which takes place Sept. 13 at Radio City Music Hall, include Jay-Z, Lady Gaga, Pink, Taylor Swift, Green Day and Muse.

Madonna's rep insists there are no plans for the VMAs this year. But let's say it does actually happen—would she be able to top some of her most memorable past appearances?

Who will ever forget Madge swapping spit with Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera in 2003?

And for those of us old enough to remember, Madonna first made her mark at the VMAs way back in 1984, when she rolled around the Radio City Music Hall stage in a white wedding gown and matching lacy gloves while performing "Like a Virgin."

"Celebration" is the title track of Madonna's upcoming greatest hits compilation. The VMAs certainly would make the perfect venue to promote the new release, as it drops Sept. 29.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b141261_will_madonna_perform_video_music_awards.html

I hope she performs!!

Oh man...can we only hope this rumor is true and it would be the Perrrr-fect promotion for everything too. *Keeps fingers crossed and thinks MADONNA* :inlove:

Adding: and this wouldn't be the first time Liz has denied a performance either when there was something in the works.

Guest thehiltonsuite

The VMA's suck without Madonna! And that's just the cold hard truth! Thank GOD they're back in New York. They have been a MESS since they left! I'm kinda glad Madonna wasn't a part of the last 2 shows. How embarrassing!

Guest Pud Whacker

The VMA's suck without Madonna! And that's just the cold hard truth! Thank GOD they're back in New York. They have been a MESS since they left! I'm kinda glad Madonna wasn't a part of the last 2 shows. How embarrassing!

of course. i never tune in unless shes there cause when i have its a snoozefest. i hope she performs!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rPRpB_c7yc

Guest Pud Whacker

n5ol87.jpg

You Don't Like Bows, Pud?

listen whatever that is, from the hair, to the face, to the enema finger gloves. its just plain awful. :rotfl:

IDEA! :wow:

Gaga will Open the Show Playing "Like A Virgin",WITH HER FOOT, Acoustically.

And Then POW: Out Walks Adam Lambert!!! He Lifts his Veil & Blows Joanne a Kiss.

Madge Smooches GaGa, Adam Goes into a Gay Coma....211nczt_th.jpg

Lastly, The 3 of them turn around and...

"YO YO YO! WHO DAT BE?"

2yy82mv.jpg2yy82mv.jpg2yy82mv.jpg

Lil Wayne on the M-I-C!

Guest chatty kathy

IDEA! :wow:

Gaga will Open the Show Playing "Like A Virgin",WITH HER FOOT, Acoustically.

And Then POW: Out Walks Adam Lambert!!! He Lifts his Veil & Blows Joanne a Kiss.

Madge Smooches GaGa, Adam Goes into a Gay Coma....211nczt_th.jpg

Lastly, The 3 of them turn around and...

"YO YO YO! WHO DAT BE?"

2yy82mv.jpg2yy82mv.jpg2yy82mv.jpg

Lil Wayne on the M-I-C!

:lmao: It could happen!

:dramatic: Agree w/everyone who says they aren't worth watching w/o a M performance!

MTV Video awards show has lost it's edge. I think a lot of it is due to the fact, videos aren't even played on the channel, but a few hours in the wee wee hours of the morning. It's almost a joke to have award's show on that channel when they don't feature videos for a good part of the day. And the shows are contrived now. Back in the day, it was almost like you never knew what was going to happen. It's true... when Madonna comes on, you never know what's going to happen.

I think she should do it though. It could help promote her new song. She really needs the exposure. But I am not sure she'll have time to prepare for something being she's just getting off tour and I suspect she has plans to just chill.

Guest bluejean

If she's going to perform she needs to do something amazing that blows Gaga out of the water.

I think a mash up of Holiday and Celebration would be ideal.

If she puts on a nice spectacle. Dances and sings her heart out and in tune then I'm happy. :)