VMA '09 rumours thread

Guest Hot Revolver

Guest thehiltonsuite

From Nasty Girls:

Perhaps teaming up to distract the world from Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston's recent movements, Madonna has agreed to introduce Janet Jackson for her big, much-anticipated Michael Jackson tribute taking place at this weekend's MTV Video Music Awards.

This will be their first appearance together—I can't even remember any reference to the pair ever having met despite being at the same event more than once.

Posted by Matthew Rettenmund at 04:03 PM in JANET JACKSON, MADONNA, MARIAH CAREY, MICHAEL JACKSON | Permalink

http://boyculture.typepad.com/boy_culture/...e-mtv-vmas.html

Guest SuperBriGuy

What would be even cooler is if those two paired up and did a duet or something. I'd love to hear them both on a song together. But yeah, this is awesome, glad to see the two of them are finally burying the hatchet (and not in each other's backs).

What would be even cooler is if those two paired up and did a duet or something. I'd love to hear them both on a song together. But yeah, this is awesome, glad to see the two of them are finally burying the hatchet (and not in each other's backs).

I actually don't think it would be that great, but who knows. I am not really a fan of any of Madonna's duets, except "4 Minutes" which has already gotten a bad rep around here in other circles.

Guest chatty kathy

I'm sorry. I can't be the only one here thinking it will never happen.

M doesn't show up if she isn't performing or presenting.

It's become too cringe worthy for her to show.

No one ever introduced M, she just opened the show.

But they were also a "not to be missed" awards show back then too.

Guest ursaminorjim

I'm sorry. I can't be the only one here thinking it will never happen.

M doesn't show up if she isn't performing or presenting.

It's become too cringe worthy for her to show.

No one ever introduced M, she just opened the show.

But they were also a "not to be missed" awards show back then too.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I remember there was all that hubbub about Britney opening the VMAs last year, and...well, we all saw what a damp squib that was. Let's face it, the VMAs mean even less now than ever. And Madonna simply isn't the caliber of "star power" they look for now. It's going to be all about the cast of New Moon, Lady Gaga, and the inevitable Michael Jackson tribute. Madonna simply doesn't fit, unless she's part of a string of celebs giving video rememberances.