*OFFICIAL* "Celebration" CD and DVD Tracklisings

HolidayGuy

Does anybody know where I can download that Celebration commercial? The one with Dress You Up, La Isla Bonita etc. I'd like to have it on my computer, so if somebody has it, please share! I give good head! :dramatic:

Interesting, and weird that Warners considers it as the "proper" version... And about the clubby thing thing, little did MTV know that Madonna would score a megahit a year later with the same sound. :demonic:

I'm sure Warner just grabbed the first thing they found labeled 'Express Yourself' and have no idea!

Guest Danny86

Re the DVD - on play the amaray is 12.99 and digipack is 14.99

Is there any reason why the more expensive one will be better?

HMV has both listed at the same price (12.99), I believe they are identical apart from the case, just like I'm Going To Tell You A Secret.

Guest Danny86

http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Detail.aspx?artikelId=E42EPF87&subsection=4

http://www.mad-eyes.net/news/2009/09_09a.htm#07b

There will be a Belgian edition of Madonna compilation album Celebration, without the song Frozen.

On July 11th, Madonna sang Frozen live on the festival ground of Werchter, but of her new Celebration album – 34 hits and 2 new songs – a Belgian edition will be produced, which excludes the forbidden song.

In 2005, a judge in Bergen ruled that part of Frozen (1998) was plagiarism from Salvatore Acquaviva's 'Ma vie fout le camp', which was composed in the late 70s. The composer from Moeskroen claimed that Madonna could have heard his song when she was a backup dancer for Patrick 'Born to be alive' Hernandez.

On the Celebration tracklist, Frozen was one of the songs selected by Madonna herself. "If we are not allowed to release this Best Of in Belgium, we face a huge budget problem", explains [Warner] marketing manager Bert Bieseman. "Still, we can't risk to release the CD with the song to music stores, because the fine we'd have to pay is huge."

After discussion with Madonna's management, it was decided to produce an exclusive Belgian edition of the double disc, without Frozen. Also on the Belgian iTunes and on the DVD, the song will not be found. Belgian fans wanting the complete version will have to order the album online or across the border. Celebration is released on September 18th (source: De Standaard; translation by Mad-Eyes)

After discussion with Madonna's management, it was decided to produce an exclusive Belgian edition of the double disc, without Frozen. Also on the Belgian iTunes and on the DVD, the song will not be found. Belgian fans wanting the complete version will have to order the album online or across the border.

This will be one of the most sought after Celebration version. :dramatic:

Belgium really isn't all that big a market for WB to face a "huge budget problem"- then again, these days with WB's depressing stats, every little bit counts, I guess.

He's talking about the budget of Warner Belgium (13th biggest music market in the world :fag: )..

They rely on the strength of Madonna's (local) sales 2 invest in 'local' acts.

I remember a few years ago (after 'American Life' flopped believe it or not :lmao: )

two local 'indie' acts, succesful in Belgium & Holland were ordered 2 b dropped by Warner head office in the States.

The Warner people in Belgium released this bitchy statement afterwards..

What r we supposed 2 do now? Print Madonna posters all year? :chuckle:

Bitch feeds a lot of people.

From xxl at Tribe:

I did send a mail to Warner Music Benelux to aks if there is a replacement for Frozen.

This is there reaction:

Voor België komt er inderdaad een versie zonder 'Frozen', maar deze track wordt niet vervangen door een andere.

Het is dus een versie met 1 song minder.

In English:

For Belgium there is indeed a version without 'Frozen' but that track won't be replaced by another one.

It's just a version with 1 song less.

From xxl at Tribe:

I did send a mail to Warner Music Benelux to aks if there is a replacement for Frozen.

This is there reaction:

Voor België komt er inderdaad een versie zonder 'Frozen', maar deze track wordt niet vervangen door een andere.

Het is dus een versie met 1 song minder.

In English:

For Belgium there is indeed a version without 'Frozen' but that track won't be replaced by another one.

It's just a version with 1 song less.

Also it seems there is no single disc & NO dvd *starts crying*