*OFFICIAL* "Celebration" CD and DVD Tracklisings

HolidayGuy

On the DVD??

Yes, Danny86 and I were referring to the contents of the DVD.

The Warner Music Switzerland website that he linked to, also has the track-listings for the two different versions of the CD, but neither of those listings has info on the track-timing. So it's still anybody's guess which versions we're going to get on the CDs.

Guest Danny86

"EY" on the Immaculate Collection DVD runs 4:25. I'm assuming 4:30 is just an approximate, as I think the longer version of the video clocks in at 5 minutes.

Yeah, checked on YouTube and the long version is indeed 5 minutes long. So I wonder if this means the same 4:25 video version will be on the CD (since MTribe listed it as "video edit")? That would be fantastic, but very surprising in a way, considering the discussions we had about which version is considered definitive by Madonna herself.

"Celebration" - the single - will get a physical release in the United States on October 6, almost one month later than the debut of the new Madonna tune as a CD single for the European market.

In the US the first new song off the Ultimate collection of Madonna's hits will be released in two different formats:

A CD Maxi Extended Play Single (WB 521295 - 093624972570) with a suggested retail price of 7.49 $.

And a 12" Vinyl Maxi Single (WB 521296 - 093624972563) retailing for 8.99 $.

I like the track listing also. Maybe for the next tour, she'll consider the fans when putting together a set list. If she has to do melodies to get her classics into the set then so be it. I'm worried about this hideous collaboration with Lil' Wayne. Really?

"Celebration" - the single - will get a physical release in the United States on October 6, almost one month later than the debut of the new Madonna tune as a CD single for the European market.

In the US the first new song off the Ultimate collection of Madonna's hits will be released in two different formats:

A CD Maxi Extended Play Single (WB 521295 - 093624972570) with a suggested retail price of 7.49 $.

And a 12" Vinyl Maxi Single (WB 521296 - 093624972563) retailing for 8.99 $.

Wow! I'm getting the U.S. CD Maxi of Celebration. I love collecting her maxi-singles.

Wow! I'm getting the U.S. CD Maxi of Celebration. I love collecting her maxi-singles.

Also, dont forget to pick up your copy of the 2-disc Celebration CD.

And did you hear the Patty Duke DVD release is being canceled??

Sorry pookums!

Guest Danny86

I like the track listing also. Maybe for the next tour, she'll consider the fans when putting together a set list. If she has to do melodies to get her classics into the set then so be it. I'm worried about this hideous collaboration with Lil' Wayne. Really?

Not sure what the tour has to do with this thread, but Madonna considered her fans plenty of times when it came to tour setlists. You know it very well she does not like singing her old hits but she still gives "Holiday" or ITG, because she knows many love them and it gets a good response. In fact 90% of the old songs she does on tours are on TIC or GHV2, so the Celebration tracklist should be an indication, but there are only like a handful of songs that have not been used in a live shows in this decade, including WTG, "Cherish", JML, TAB.

Guest Danny86

Has the Japanese version of the double been confirmed? Thinking about ordering it if it's got something different.

iTunes Japan has the same tracklist as everywhere else, so probably no changes.

As previously reported here on the MadonnaTribe News page, the 12" Picture Disc of "Celebration" has been released today, September 4, marking the song's first physical release on the European markets.

Catalogued as 9362497228, the vinyl come with four tracks:

A1: Celebration (Album Version) 03:34

A2: Celebration (Benny Benassi Remix) 05:30

B1: Celebration (Paul Oakenfold Remix)

B2: Celebration (Paul Oakenfold Dub Mix)

MadonnaTribe longtime contributor from Germany djcooky took these images for our readers and all the Tribers showing how one side of the picture disc carries the "Celebration" single artwork by Mr. Brainwash while the other side is all red with the song's logo printed in white.

Two different DVD packaging? :1251:

Madonna: Celebration: 2dvd

Release date: 21-9-2009

Format: DVD

Number of Discs: 2

Catalogue Number: 7599399844

Label: WARNERVISION

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=131192

----------------------

Madonna Celebration 2dvd Digipack

Release date: 21-9-2009

Format: DVD

Number of Discs: 2

Catalogue Number: 7599399819

Label: WARNERVISION

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=245768

PS: Limited edition?!

Why does that Warner Switz. site have (Video)/(Video version)listed for some of the tracks? Since it's a video DVD... :)

I just hope that on the CD, EY Video Edit is the one used in the non-dance mix version. How smart would it be for WB to have that one on there?

Aside from the mix, the differences are the lengthier bedroom scene and longer instrumental break before the last, "what you need is a big strong hand..." kicks in- anything else? That longer version pretty much was the one used on the BA Tour.

I prefer the music in the longer version, and it's my favorite music video ever. The mix is 'darker' and fits the video better. MTV wanted to play something "less clubby" (according to Shep) so Warner changed the audio and video. I remember suddenly not liking the video as much when it would come on MTV but couldn't figure out why, then saw the original version on VH1 and noticed the "additional" footage and better mix.

original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2vCDHFneEs

yeah probably like how I'm Going To Tell You A Secret came in 2 different packages but with the same content

well wasnt that so it could chart on both CD and DVD charts??

Guest Danny86

I prefer the music in the longer version, and it's my favorite music video ever. The mix is 'darker' and fits the video better. MTV wanted to play something "less clubby" (according to Shep) so Warner changed the audio and video. I remember suddenly not liking the video as much when it would come on MTV but couldn't figure out why, then saw the original version on VH1 and noticed the "additional" footage and better mix.

original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2vCDHFneEs

So the video was always meant to be the remix only and the TIC DVD version is an afterthought?

So is this still coming out the 29th, or has it moved up?

29th for US/Canada, moved up everywhere else.

The Birtish are getting a maxi CD for the following tracks:

1. Celebration

2. Celebration [Paul Oakenfold mix]

3. Celebration [benny Benassi mix]

4. Celebration [Paul Oakenfold dub]

5. Celebration [benny Benassi mix edit]

6. Celebration [Johny Vicious club mix]

Whereas the rest of the European are getting this:

1. Celebration

2. Celebration [benny Benassi Remix]

3. Celebration [benny Benassi Dub]

I wonder if they will get another single that includes Oakenfold & Johnny's remixes?

Guest Danny86

The version on TIC is the edit MTV requested.

Interesting, and weird that Warners considers it as the "proper" version... And about the clubby thing thing, little did MTV know that Madonna would score a megahit a year later with the same sound. :demonic: