Celebration on iTunes

sniper

this ain't a flop... only us fans know about this song... although having said that, I do wonder if MADONNA fans in other countries where CELEBRATION already hit #1 are really that numerous and reliable?

It was Market Days weekend in Chicago last weekend and I saw a girl wearing a sticky and sweet t-shirt. I started chatting with her, she told me she's a big fan and then I asked her about Celebration but she didn't know anything about the song! LOL And then I realised that maybe all of us here live in a madonnanation bubble.

How people are supposed to know? Have you seen many songs by big names being released on i-tunes even before the radio release and in the middle of the week?!? Was it Friday when they released it? A song in the US on a FRIDAY? For god's shake... So pathetic! Yes, do it in Europe where people would buy even her fart but not in big and important markets. I'm glad Warner Uk is smart and it is repressing the song.

So it's #60 right now!

Mariah "Obsessed" it's at #18.... when was it released? Long time ago?

On that link that we don't know what it is it's at #23... so climbing everywhere as it should.

Give it time... I haven't even heard it on the radios yet as it seems the promo were only given and sent to radio DJs today.

it is obvious that the song will flop hugely in US. what do you expect?

Are u fucking serious? Do u think that if it had been available in the UK it would have been in the top20 or something? NO! Don't look at countries like Italy and Spain. Nobody's using i-tunes there. If 20 people buy it's gonna hit no1.

Warner woke up last Friday and said let's throw it on i-tunes. According to your theory it is a flop in Canada and Australia too. In the countries that i-tunes store is popular is not doing well.

Are u fucking serious? Do u think that if it had been available in the UK it would have been in the top20 or something? NO! Don't look at countries like Italy and Spain. Nobody's using i-tunes there. If 20 people buy it's gonna hit no1.

that´s true, at least in Spain:the only legal dowloads here are the ringtones´!

Warner woke up last Friday and said let's throw it on i-tunes. According to your theory it is a flop in Canada and Australia too. In the countries that i-tunes store is popular is not doing well.

I seriously have no idea what you said. But I do believe that digital sales will kick in once airplay, limited as it is, starts, and an ad appears on iTunes.

US Amazon: #3 (0)

US: #67 (+1)

France: #7 (+2)

Belgium: #2 (+4)

Finland: #1 (0)

Greece: #3 (0)

Ireland: #21 (+5)

Italy: #1 (0)

Luxembourg: #21 (NEW)

Netherlands: #1 (0)

Portugal: #6 (0)

Spain: #1 (0)

Canada: #11 (0)

Sweden: #1 (0)

Norway: #4 (0)

Denmark: #12 (+11) Biggest Gain

Switzerland: #7 (+1)

Australia: #34 (+8)

New Zealand: #82 (-9

BTW, check the #'s on iTunes, not the website link. The website link excludes all songs with explicit lyrics, so the #'s on the website are a bit off.

Guest Nichu94

<!--quoteo(post=782347:date=Aug 4 2009, 12:33 AM:name=encore)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (encore @ Aug 4 2009, 12:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=782347"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->it is obvious that the song will flop hugely in US. what do you expect?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So in Italy and Spain none use itunes? God, this is the why in Italy 4 Minutes and Give it 2 Me have sold almost 90k in digital sales and Hung Up more than 120k despite was released only in 2005.....

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING GUYS??? PROMOTE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's doing good. Most people who buy tunes check the new stuff on Tuesdays, not on the weekends. Today is Celebration's first "real" day on the market and is just getting added to the radio. 4M was Top10 by the end of Tuesday when it was released but it had a whole week of airplay before it went on sale. I believe Celebration will be Top25 at the end of this day. Shakira is a big star and yet her new single She-wolf is only now, thanx to the video, about to crack the Top10 after almost a month of its release.

Edited by Madonna-Greece

small 'celebration' advert now on main page under 'Whats hot', hope will help song to rise! :thumbsup: (only noticed it today, so don't think it was there before).

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING GUYS??? PROMOTE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't they knowwwwwww it's the enddddddd of the world

It ended when Celebrate failed to climb (on iTunes)! :dramatic:

Guest beachboi-69

Well in the short few hours the advert has been out.

It has jumped from #68 to #52 on itunes.

Expect it to continue now that people might notice it has actually been released. The ad on Amazon shot it up to #2 ... so this should start taking off.. we need a video and some radio play.

Edited by beachboi-69

Why are people here so stupid? Did they expect Celebration to be #1 on itunes the first day of its release? Without airplay? Without a video? With promotion just getting started? Not even Vogue, on the peak of Madonna's career, became an instant hit! 4M reached #1 on itunes only the second week of its release! Madonna's new song is climbing up the chart with minimal exposure and yet losers here call it a flop! Get a life! :p

Why are people here so stupid? Did they expect Celebration to be #1 on itunes the first day of its release? Without airplay? Without a video? With promotion just getting started? Not even Vogue, on the peak of Madonna's career, became an instant hit! 4M reached #1 on itunes only the second week of its release! Madonna's new song is climbing up the chart with minimal exposure and yet losers here call it a flop! Get a life! :p

YES!!!