Celebration on iTunes

sniper

But, Mimi has a lot more airplay than Madge. :) Nonetheless, we have three of the "divas" on the iTunes chart now, fun.

maybe madonna.com should organize downloading contest like mariahdaily did or any unofficial websites for the same reason. :vogue:

maybe madonna.com should organize downloading contest like mariahdaily did or any unofficial websites for the same reason. :vogue:

downloading contest?

how does that work???

downloading contest?

how does that work???

Well, Mariah's contest was that you send her site your proof of purchase, and she enters you in a draw...

Anyway, UPDATE: :horn:

US Amazon: #3 (0) :manson:

US: #25 (+12) :clap:

France: #7 (-1) :confused:

Belgium: #2 (0)

Finland: #1 (0)

Greece: #3 (0)

Ireland: #14 (+5)

Italy: #1 (0)

Luxembourg: #64 (-27) :hurt:

Netherlands: #1 (0)

Portugal: #10 (-3)

Spain: #1 (0)

Canada: #3 (+3) :canada:

Sweden: #1 (0)

Norway: #2 (0)

Denmark: #11 (0)

Switzerland: #7 (-1)

Australia: #28 (+5)

New Zealand: #98 (-9) :shy:

Someone on Pulse reported it was at #22, but mine shows it at 25 (with Whitney inching up each time I've refreshed it).

Matt C, you may be labeled a Newbie here, but you ain't no newbie, so how can ya ask that? ;) Sales period is Monday-Sunday in the USA.

Guest mattcho

Matt C, you may be labeled a Newbie here, but you ain't no newbie, so how can ya ask that? ;) Sales period is Monday-Sunday in the USA.

Oh, you know it. But at my tender old age of 34 I am getting forgetful....and my grammer is getting worse. ;)

Nice to see M back on the charts, and Whitney too.

- Matt.

Edited by mattcho

Guest Danny86

Finland iTunes is kinda disturbing, "Human Nature" is #15 there, only "Celebration" & "Give It 2 Me" are higher, weird to see HN beating all the 80s hits + "Music" & "Hung Up"... :confused:

Someone on Pulse reported it was at #22, but mine shows it at 25 (with Whitney inching up each time I've refreshed it).

There's always alot of confusion over #'s because people check various sources for iTunes numbers.

Link 1: http://www.apple.com/itunes/top-100/songs/

Link 2: http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wpa/MRSS/topsongs/sf=143441/limit=300/rss.xml

and then iTunes.

The apple link excludes songs with explicit lyrics, so on that link the song is always higher.

But the 2nd has it at No. 25 which is more realistic.

By the way, can we not do the one-word song title abbreviation thing? Like, "C" for "Celebration" or "O" for Mariah's "Obese". They're one-word songs, it's easy enough to spell the whole title out.

Not a diss or anything but just that it's not really clear like that.

Yeah I know.. that's so random haha

they hate her..

I am soooo sick of hearing that on here. The major reason why C isn't doing well here is because no1 besides a few fans here know that it even exists! secondly there's never really any promo done in NZ for Madonna, so people often dont know or hear she has any new work out. Plus I brought it on itunes NZ lolz

^ok, so why does JORDIN SPARKS do so well there LOLOL????

I dont understand what that has to do with Celebration not doing so well on NZ charts?

Jordin Sparks is young that is part of the reason sorry to say it but once your over 35 the buying public here arent as eager to buy your new singles. Mariah, Kylie, Janet and Madonna (and Whitney back with her stuff in the early 00's) all struggle nowdays to chart well here, it sadly is an age thing. Plus without ANY promo (e.g ads for the album on TV, radio etc...) she isn't going to chart very well is she?

I just received the mail with the new released from the US i-tunes... There is NO Madonna on the title... Colbie Caillat and Whitney on the title...

Plus, huge banners of Colbie Caillat and Whitney when you open the mail the mail. There is also a tiny madonna pictures on the right along with many other new releases. Perfect...