Ricky Martin

Rupert Everett

Britney Spears

Missy Elliott

Pharrell

Justin Timberlake/Timbaland

Kanye West

And now – maybe – Lil Wayne

(I’m know I’m kind of leaving out Everlast – “Waiting” remix – and whoever the rappers were on “Did You Do It?” And technically, William Orbit and Mirwais have both contributed backing vocals… and Donna, Niki, et al. But backing vox are a little different. Which means Rupert shouldn't be above, but he got pretty prominent billing and appeared in the vid.)

Guest Borderline

I'd like to know what these so-called 'fans' thought Madonna would end up doing by now in her career? What did they expect out of her? Seems like a lot of 'fans' like to use her age as a detriment to her talents, even though they'd be the last people on earth to admit so. I think if she wants to mentor a newer artist like Lil Wayne, then so be it. I'm sure he would have taken away so much from working with one of the best in the business, despite their different genres. In that, I don't think Madonna is trying to dive into the big pool that is hip-hop. I think she's just having fun. After such an extensive and successful career as hers, I think the girl has earned the right to work with whomever she wants. And if the music is good, why in the fuck should we care who it is? Why do people constantly want her to rehash herself... more Leonard, Mirwais, Price, etc... Open your minds and ears... Music is supposed to be universal, however, far too many are way too closed-minded to even begin to appreciate something 'different' from an artist that has always did something 'different' to begin with.

Guest Pud Whacker
Duets / Vocal Collabs (extensive, but not exhaustive):

Prince

Mandy Patinkin

Warren Beatty

Me'Shell NdegeOcello

BabyFace

Ricky Martin

Rupert Everett

Britney Spears

Missy Elliott

Pharrell

Kanye West

(I'm know I'm kind of leaving out Everlast – "Waiting" remix – and whoever the rappers were on "Did You Do It?" And technically, William Orbit and Mirwais have both contributed backing vocals… and Donna, Niki, et al. But backing vox are a little different. Which means Rupert shouldn't be above, but he got pretty prominent billing and appeared in the vid.)

and catherine bucannan for sidewalk talk - HEY, DONT GET CRAZY BON QUI QUI!!!

why is it when tina turner or cher or any other popular female singer older than madonna works with someone popular, it doesnt garner this disgust even though they had to share the airwaves with madonna, britney and the aforementioned?

and as for her saying anything at any time, and this goes for anyone but theres an age old adage...its a womans prerogative to change her mind.

fb636605.jpg

Because Tina, Cher, and Britney don't matter. Madonna does.

Guest Pud Whacker
I'd like to know what these so-called 'fans' thought Madonna would end up doing by now in her career? What did they expect out of her? Seems like a lot of 'fans' like to use her age as a detriment to her talents, even though they'd be the last people on earth to admit so. I think if she wants to mentor a newer artist like Lil Wayne, then so be it. I'm sure he would have taken away so much from working with one of the best in the business, despite their different genres. In that, I don't think Madonna is trying to dive into the big pool that is hip-hop. I think she's just having fun. After such an extensive and successful career as hers, I think the girl has earned the right to work with whomever she wants. And if the music is good, why in the fuck should we care who it is? Why do people constantly want her to rehash herself... more Leonard, Mirwais, Price, etc... Open your minds and ears... Music is supposed to be universal, however, far too many are way too closed-minded to even begin to appreciate something 'different' from an artist that has always did something 'different' to begin with.

and your name and avatar prove it, too!!! av_dad12.GIF

she wants to make great songs!!! whatever the fuck or funky mood shes in.

Guest ursaminorjim
of course. anyone that loves the first two albums - complete - that goes for shoo be doo and pretender...loves hard candy.

And people who also don't love the first two albums love Hard Candy too!

Guest Pud Whacker
Because Tina, Cher, and Britney don't matter. Madonna does.

damn right. and the reason youre tripping on is the REASON WHY!!! :thumbsup:

and for me and maybe a few others, she got her initial groove back. it was missing in Britain for many years.

so, it really goes to show that different fans like different things. so stick around and maybe she will shoot what you like out again. :thumbsup:

Well, she was very much in Britain when she made this album. I believe she didn't know where to go after Confessions. So, she went to the hitmakers.

I'm positive she'll release something great again. I'm not one of those people who hate on her just to hate, you should know that.

Guest Pud Whacker
And people who also don't love the first two albums love Hard Candy too!

of course, how can they not!!!??? :demonic:

Guest Pud Whacker
Well, she was very much in Britain when she made this album. I believe she didn't know where to go after Confessions. So, she went to the hitmakers.

I'm positive she'll release something great again. I'm not one of those people who hate on her just to hate, you should know that.

i dont think even the chronic complainers really hate. its just the sign o' the times, a sign o' the times, a sign O' the times. everyones a professional critic these days.

I believe she didn't know where to go after Confessions. So, she went to the hitmakers.

Unfortunately, I think you're probably right about that, which is why we ended up with "Hard Candy."

Guest Pud Whacker
Unfortunately, I think you're probably right about that, which is why we ended up with "Hard Candy."

and thank god for it!!! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Well said, sad thing all this closed mindedness is coming from gay men. Scary!

See, I wouldn't so much mind a collaboration with Eminem- it would make sense. They're two acts who have a point of view (which she loves), so there's potential for a cool track.

She can't win, though, in terms of collaborations, as none of them are worth squat compared to her regular material.

Guest blueferris

I dont know what some peoples problem is.

Judging from the snippet the song is WAY more 'POP' than hip-hop.

Hes even halfway singing more than really rapping.

lil wayne crossed over more to madonnas world with this than she did to his! so whats the problem.

what does lil wayne have to gain by workin with madonna now? nothing!

so methinks hes working with her out of <<<GASP>>> RESPECT! Oooooh terrible!!!

In the 90s few hip-hop & r&b stars openly embraced madonna. . .

but the past few years more & more "urban" acts have been warmer to acknowledging her.

why is this bad for her to acknowledge them back???? why be so skepticle & stuckup???

i think some need to get over the resentment of

hip-hop & r&b = help'd mariah get a bunch more #1's than madonna . . . .

hip-hop & r&b = unfair bias / kept COADF singles off the radio

Guest Pud Whacker
See, I wouldn't so much mind a collaboration with Eminem- it would make sense. Lil' Wayne, not so much. She and Eminem are two acts who have a point of view (which she loves), so they could do a cool track, who knows.

maybe, just maybe, her Point Of View right now is having a good time.

Eleven pages and we still don't have a high enough quality chorus clip to judge if this is true?! Where is the song? (sorry, I know I'm whining...)

Off to bed. Hope I can still get it tomorrow night when I return. Good night, all.

Guest Not4Pussies
Duets / Vocal Collabs (extensive, but not exhaustive):

Prince

Mandy Patinkin

Warren Beatty

Me’Shell NdegeOcello

BabyFace

Ricky Martin

Rupert Everett

Britney Spears

Missy Elliott

Pharrell

Kanye West

(I’m know I’m kind of leaving out Everlast – “Waiting” remix – and whoever the rappers were on “Did You Do It?” And technically, William Orbit and Mirwais have both contributed backing vocals… and Donna, Niki, et al. But backing vox are a little different. Which means Rupert shouldn't be above, but he got pretty prominent billing and appeared in the vid.)

u forgot Tupac Shakur

Guest Borderline
:thumbsup: Well said, sad thing all this closed mindedness is coming from gay men. Scary!

gay men are some of THE MOST closed-minded people on the planet. FACT! Sad & true, indeed.

She wanted to have her song played on radio like she used to get and it explained why she opened up herself to collaborate with younger artist.

When was the last time u saw a > 40 artist made it to hot airplay top 5? or top 10?

R&B, hiphop, rap are the current trend therefore if you can't beat them, join them.

I'm not sure if Madonna actually sings on this song. Is it officialy confirmed? The part I heard doesn't sound like Madonna will start to sing in just a few seconds?

If it is really the new Madonna song, then I'm afraid this is the first time that I won't buy that album. Hard Candy somewhat had Madonna influence, but this has nothing to do with Madonna. I think she doesn't need to do this kind of music. Hard Candy was less popular than Confessions even in USA. There are pop artists still chart succesfully on Billboard (Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Pink etc.)

The only part that sounds like Madonna somewhat to me is when she sings "revolver" and at the end of the clip when she's singing "die" as the song cuts off it kind of sounds like her. Doesn't sound too much like her otherwise IMO.