New Madonna Song?

TOUR2008

Hahaha, no, that's Lil Bow Wow if I'm not mistaken :lol:

I have to confess -- the very first time I heard Lil Wayne's name, I thought exactly what Pud thought! I thought of Lil Bow Wow and the Grammy Awards performance of Music. :nocomment:

This is the first of his output I've ever heard, so... you can't blame me (too much) for getting a little confused.

Well, what does a Madonna album sound like, then? True Blue? American Life? Erotica? Madonna?

You're right in that she's diversified in her sound, but the other albums you mention sound like Madonna had input. I just feel she didn't have much to do with HC....it just doesn't sound like she did, aside from maybe a few tracks. "Give it to Me" for example, has Madonna written all over it.

Yeah, all in all I just don't want Madonna to age as ridiculously as her contemporaries. If she wants to continue wearing leotards and looking like a pro-athlete, I support that. I LOVE that - as long as she's doing it in defiance rather than doing it to be sexy or turn on the dudes (I choose to believe the former despite mounting evidence toward the latter). But she's showing major symptoms of a mid-life crisis with the choices she's made in the past few years, and because I AM A FAN, I want her to continue being a cool chick and being in touch with you know, reality. After all, we all laughed our asses off at Michael Jackson when he decided to go make music with WILL.I.AM, how do you think it looks to people outside of this forum when they see "NEW SINGLE! Lil Wayne Feat. Madonna - My Sex Is Killa!"

REALLY?

Don't you know anything?! It's not "My Sex Is a Killa!" -- It's "My Love Is a Revolver!" And it was written by Madonna for Guy Ritchie's REVOLVER, but he didn't want it for the theme song. And now she's releasing it just to spite him. :lol:

You're right in that she's diversified in her sound, but the other albums you mention sound like Madonna had input. I just feel she didn't have much to do with HC....it just doesn't sound like she did, aside from maybe a few tracks. "Give it to Me" for example, has Madonna written all over it.

Oh ffs why is anyone still trying to JUSTIFY their dislike for Hard Candy? It was FUCKING SHIT. It was utterly generic chart friendly (or not as it turned out) Hip Hop-lite crap, and it wasn't even a GOOD EXAMPLE (see Justin, Rihanna) of the genre. And to make it even MORE embarrassing, fucking Gaga (who I am NOT a musical fan of) then comes along with NO urban stylings and no Justin duet and manages to make pure pop mainstream again. Making the whole M-DOLLA evolution as SADLY REDUNDANT as a MINIDISC player.

I know it sounds like I hate Madonna, but really don't, I love the bitch. I just don't dig this incarnation.

Oh ffs why is anyone still trying to JUSTIFY their dislike for Hard Candy? It was FUCKING SHIT. It was utterly generic chart friendly (or not as it turned out) Hip Hop-lite crap, and it wasn't even a GOOD EXAMPLE (see Justin, Rihanna) of the genre. And to make it even MORE embarrassing, fucking Gaga (who I am NOT a musical fan of) then comes along with NO urban stylings and no Justin duet and manages to make pure pop mainstream again. Making the whole M-DOLLA evolution as SADLY REDUNDANT as a MINIDISC player.

I know it sounds like I hate Madonna, but really don't, I love the bitch. I just don't dig this incarnation.

And why are you such a bitter bitch? I mean, do you hate life? Get the fuck over it. Not everyone has to agree with your every opinion.

Guest ursaminorjim

Racist.

(kidding :lol: )

Anyway, I'd say even the weakest tracks on Hard Candy ("4 minutes," "Spanish lesson," "Give it 2 me") are still far more interesting than anything I've heard from The Fame. But that's my opinion. I certainly don't expect everyone shares it. But I still consider HC to be her best album since Erotica, even with all its problems.

And why are you such a bitter bitch? I mean, do you hate life? Get the fuck over it. Not everyone has to agree with your every opinion.

I was actually agreeing with you but never mind. I DO use this forum for bitter ranting yes. I am sorry if you don't like it. It's 2am here and I've been up far too late doing something for work. Crabby sleepiness does tend to waken the argumentative tosser in me.

Racist.

Anyway, I'd say even the weakest tracks on Hard Candy ("4 minutes," "Spanish lesson," "Give it 2 me") are still far more interesting than anything I've heard from The Fame. But that's my opinion. I certainly don't expect everyone shares it. But I still consider HC to be her best album since Erotica.

I should think so Mister.

I was actually agreeing with you but never mind. I DO use this forum for bitter ranting yes. I am sorry if you don't like it. It's 2am here and I've been up far too late doing something for work. Crabby sleepiness does tend to waken the argumentative tosser in me.

I don't see how you were agreeing with me. You said I was justifying my dislike for the album d/t my thought of Madonna's lack of involvement. In no way were you agreeing with me.

Give all the excuses you like, but you come across as an asshole. A bitter, crabby asshole. Point blank.

Racist.

Anyway, I'd say even the weakest tracks on Hard Candy ("4 minutes," "Spanish lesson," "Give it 2 me") are still far more interesting than anything I've heard from The Fame. But that's my opinion. I certainly don't expect everyone shares it. But I still consider HC to be her best album since Erotica, even with all its problems.

I suppose that's what is so wonderful about Madonna. She appeals to almost everyone in a certain way. I think she only got better post-Erotica, aside from HC.

What's your excuse the rest of the time? I've never seen even ONE positive post by you. I admit i've not been on here long, but it seems as if you really dislike Madonna. Not being bitchy, just pointing it out(the obvious).

Guest ursaminorjim
I suppose that's what is so wonderful about Madonna. She appeals to almost everyone in a certain way. I think she only got better post-Erotica, aside from HC.

I think her music has gotten broader in scope over the past twenty or so years, but it's also lost some of its richness. Although if we're going purely by songs? I'd say there are far more great songs in the second half of her career than there are in the first. And while a lot of her more experimental moments don't always work, at least she still tries.

And while a lot of her more experimental moments don't always work, at least she still tries.

Thats whats its all about!!!

Sure, working with Lil Wayne sounds like a strange idea :blink:

But Madonna is making an effort to do something different.

I mean LOTS of Pop Stars have worked with famous Rappers,

but HOW many of them were over the Age of 50?

Madonna, you've got my approval! :lol::thumbsup:

I don’t like Lil’ Wayne. I think he’s weird…overrated…and comes off like a buggy cartoon character. I haven’t liked anything he’s done, including that silly “Lollipop” song. That’s just my personal opinion of him. However…

I’m still not totally understanding the tone of indignation being displayed here. From what we know so far, the new song seems to be slated to be on his album…not hers. If this is true, then this probably means that he reached out to her, and that no Madonna fan really even has to tolerate it if they care not. Just don’t buy his album or download the song. Should she have turned him down just for the sake of being superior and above it all?

I don’t see this as being like working with Britney at all. Unlike Britney, Lil’ Wayne hasn’t made a career of playing off hackneyed comparisons to Madonna and he doesn’t idol worship her in the media (while Madonna, herself, blushes with an obviously stroked ego.) This collaboration also isn’t attempting to latch onto the hype of a VMA spectacle at a time when both of them could use fast hit. I assume if they did work together, it was done out of mutual curiosity/esteem; not some compulsive need for her to stay thirty-five. So why not? I don’t remember there being this much ire when it was announced that she was recording a duet Ricky Martin after his Grammy spectacle made him the toast of the town.

I’ll be honest, the level of cynicism Madonna has been garnering from her fans these past two years because she dared to lightly explore the waters of ‘urban’ music, at times, comes off as very…suspect. I wonder if it really makes that much of a difference to some if Madonna worked with Lil’ Wayne or The Roots…Timbaland or John Legend. Hell, Kanyé is probably the ‘Madonna’ of his genre and at times tries to push the envelope…and yet there were those who had a problem with her working with him, and still resent it. Some—not all, but definitely some—folks just have a not so inconspicuous infuriation with their pure pop Madonna messing with “that kind” of music.

Some fans like to think that Madonna exists on her own island and have a snobbish perception who she is and what she’s [not] supposed to be. How and why some think that the woman whose first top five hit had a hook that went “starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight…” and another bouncy hit a few years ago that featured the lyrics: “ring, ring, ring goes the telephone…” is some kind of Avant-Grade ambassador to the mainstream is just baffling to me. Oddly enough, though, that exceedingly haughty outlook willingly embraces Abba samples and the thought of her again collaborating with a producer she worked with twenty years ago on fluffy fare like “Who’s That Girl” and “Cherish,” but nothing overtly American…nothing apparently commercially-friendly…and for God sakes, nothing “black.”

I don't see how you were agreeing with me. You said I was justifying my dislike for the album d/t my thought of Madonna's lack of involvement. In no way were you agreeing with me.

Give all the excuses you like, but you come across as an asshole. A bitter, crabby asshole. Point blank.

OH WELL

I don’t like Lil’ Wayne. I think he’s weird…overrated…and comes off like a buggy cartoon character. I haven’t liked anything he’s done, including that silly “Lollipop” song. That’s just my personal opinion of him. However…

I’m still not totally understanding the tone of indignation being displayed here. From what we know so far, the new song seems to be slated to be on his album…not hers. If this is true, then this probably means that he reached out to her, and that no Madonna fan really even has to tolerate it if they care not. Just don’t buy his album or download the song. Should she have turned him down just for the sake of being superior and above it all?

I don’t see this as being like working with Britney at all. Unlike Britney, Lil’ Wayne hasn’t made a career of playing off hackneyed comparisons to her and he doesn’t idol worship her in the media (while she blushes with an obviously stroked ego.) This collaboration also isn’t attempting to latch onto the hype of a VMA spectacle at a time when both of them could use fast hit. I assume if they did work together, it was done out of mutual curiosity/esteem; not some compulsive need for her to stay thirty-five. So why not? I don’t remember there being this much ire when it was announced that she was recording a duet Ricky Martin after his Grammy spectacle made him the toast of the town.

I’ll be honest, the level of cynicism Madonna has been garnering these past two years because she dared to lightly explore the waters of ‘urban’ music, at times, comes off as very…suspect. I wonder if it really makes that much of a difference to some if Madonna worked with Lil’ Wayne or The Roots…Timbaland or John Legend. Hell, Kanyé is probably the ‘Madonna’ of his genre and at times tries to push the envelope…and yet there were those who had a problem with her working with him, and still resent it. Some—not all, but definitely some—folks just have a not so inconspicuous infuriation with their pure pop Madonna messing with “that kind” of music.

Some fans like to think that Madonna exists on her own island and have an oddly snobbish perception who she is and what she’s supposed to be. How and why some think that the woman whose first top five hit had a hook that went “starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight…” and another bouncy hit a few years ago that featured the lyrics: “ring, ring, ring goes the telephone…” is some kind of Avant-Grade ambassador to the mainstream is just baffling to me. Oddly enough, though, that exceedingly haughty expectation can still embrace Abba samples and her again collaborating with a producer she worked with twenty years ago on songs like fluffy songs like “Who’s That Girl” and “Cherish,” but nothing overtly American…nothing apparently commercially-friendly…and for God sakes, nothing “black.”

You nailed it. Congratulations! :clap:

Can anyone reach lilwaynehq.com? The site seems to be down - too much traffic, perhaps? Wasn't the whole thing promised for tonight?

Guest Damaris

As much as I wanna say that I hate Lil Wayne and Madonna is being pathetic, its actually catchy

I don’t see this as being like working with Britney at all. Unlike Britney, Lil’ Wayne hasn’t made a career of playing off hackneyed comparisons to her and he doesn’t idol worship her in the media (while she blushes with an obviously stroked ego.) This collaboration also isn’t attempting to latch onto the hype of a VMA spectacle at a time when both of them could use fast hit. I assume if they did work together, it was done out of mutual curiosity/esteem; not some compulsive need for her to stay thirty-five. So why not? I don’t remember there being this much ire when it was announced that she was recording a duet Ricky Martin after his Grammy spectacle made him the toast of the town.

I’ll be honest, the level of cynicism Madonna has been garnering these past two years because she dared to lightly explore the waters of ‘urban’ music, at times, comes off as very…suspect. I wonder if it really makes that much of a difference to some if Madonna worked with Lil’ Wayne or The Roots…Timbaland or John Legend. Hell, Kanyé is probably the ‘Madonna’ of his genre and at times tries to push the envelope…and yet there were those who had a problem with her working with him, and still resent it. Some—not all, but definitely some—folks just have a not so inconspicuous infuriation with their pure pop Madonna messing with “that kind” of music.

Some fans like to think that Madonna exists on her own island and have an oddly snobbish perception who she is and what she’s [not] supposed to be. How and why some think that the woman whose first top five hit had a hook that went “starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight…” and another bouncy hit a few years ago that featured the lyrics: “ring, ring, ring goes the telephone…” is some kind of Avant-Grade ambassador to the mainstream is just baffling to me. Oddly enough, though, that exceedingly haughty outlook can still embrace Abba samples and her again collaborating with a producer she worked with twenty years ago on fluffy songs like “Who’s That Girl” and “Cherish,” but nothing overtly American…nothing apparently commercially-friendly…and for God sakes, nothing “black.”

Wonderfull!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That said I love what I hear madonna or not lil Wayne or stuart price, it sounds hot!!!

Some fans like to think that Madonna exists on her own island and have an oddly snobbish perception who she is and what she’s supposed to be. How and why some think that the woman whose first top five hit had a hook that went “starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight…” and another bouncy hit a few years ago that featured the lyrics: “ring, ring, ring goes the telephone…” is some kind of Avant-Grade ambassador to the mainstream is just baffling to me. Oddly enough, though, that exceedingly haughty expectation can still embrace Abba samples and her again collaborating with a producer she worked with twenty years ago on songs like fluffy songs like “Who’s That Girl” and “Cherish,” but nothing overtly American…nothing apparently commercially-friendly…and for God sakes, nothing “black.”

I have no idea if other people think that way, but I certainly don't. I was just skeptical of where Timbaland and Pharrell would take her, whether they would offer her the sort of commitment that she deserves, and push THEMselves to the limit of their talents for her. And I don't think they did, not through any fault on their part, just because Madonna wasn't the biggest piece in their jigsaw at that time, and who knows, maybe she didn't give enough and that was why Hard Candy sounds so lacklustre. I love this production by Pharrell which someone introduced me to on here:

If HC had some of this freshness I would have liked it alot more. I don't care HOW Madonna creates that magic, just that it happens.