New Madonna Song?

TOUR2008

I wonder to what extent his lyrics in the verses will be changed, as they were clearly written from a man's point of view.

"The victim didn't complain, she just screamed shoot again"

"I gave her extra rounds, My barrel twist around"

"I'm the triggerman, I pull it

I will when you wouldn't

Do you wanna eat the bullit

and I know where to put it"

Not exactly fit for a woman's point of view

Not to mention the very first line of the clip -- "Bang! The shooter's name was WAYNE..." Despite the fact that she's referred to herself as a male in lyrics before (NKM: "I'm not that kind of guy" and AL: "I tried to be a boy / tried to be a girl..."), I don't think she can get away with calling herself Wayne.

So I'm still a little confused. One source says what we've heard is only a demo that's been given to M for her re-writing and recording. But someone else (TOUR2008) is saying both that this song has NO title and that it is called "Triggerman" (huh?) and will be the first single from Madonna GH. (Again, huh? She's going to have a song called "Triggerman"? Anna's info sounds more likely -- calling it "Revolver" would seem to make at least a little more sense for Madonna. It makes me chuckle a little bit though -- I said this as a joke with the Guy Ritchie film reference pages ago. May turn out to be true, after all! :nocomment: )

Interesting facts...

Lil Wayne originally planned to release "Rebirth" April 7th, but now it's is claimed to be postponed until June 23rd. Two singles have been released from this forthcoming rock album. Back in Jan. "Prom Queen" was released as the first single. It managed to hit #15 on Billboard Hot 100. But didn't really do well commercially. So another song was released called... are you ready.... "HOT REVOLVER". This song was released in March. This song did worse than the "Prom Queen". So maybe this is why the album was pushed back. Maybe they wanted to rework the album. Meanwhile, Lil Wayne has another album due out THIS SEPTEMBER which goes back to his hip hop roots.

Now, the confusion seems to be is if this is going to be track by Lil Wayne feat. Madonna or as Rob keeps insisting, it's a song Madonna has taken and recorded as a solo. But the question is? Why would Lil Wayne pass up releasing this song (which could garner him a hit) himself to promote his "Rebirth" album which had two dead lead singles?? He definitely needs a hit song to get people interested in his new album due in June.

I've listen to the various leaks. I cannot hear Madonna on any of them. But maybe it's just because they are bad quality. But there is 1:25 decent quality snippet of the beginning of the song in a rapidshare link posted in this thread which doesn't feature any other vocal but LIL Wayne and some guy saying something like "The real crystal crew".

As many of you have stated, you like the track so far... so again, I ask? Why would LIL WAYNE just give this track to Madonna when he needs a hit to sell his soon to be released album where the first two singles pretty much didn't go anywhere??? And if it is featuring Madonna, why are we just hearing about it Now?

I'm just wondering if this is just a LIL WAYNE track from his Rebirth album which does feature female vocals in the chorus and someone just started a rumor that it's Madonna and it went from there...

Interesting facts...

Lil Wayne originally planned to release "Rebirth" April 7th, but now it's is claimed to be postponed until June 23rd. Two singles have been released from this forthcoming rock album. Back in Jan. "Prom Queen" was released as the first single. It managed to hit #15 on Billboard Hot 100. But didn't really do well commercially. So another song was released called... are you ready.... "HOT REVOLVER". This song was released in March. This song did worse than the "Prom Queen". So maybe this is why the album was pushed back. Maybe they wanted to rework the album. Meanwhile, Lil Wayne has another album due out THIS SEPTEMBER which goes back to his hip hop roots.

Now, the confusion seems to be is if this is going to be track by Lil Wayne feat. Madonna or as Rob keeps insisting, it's a song Madonna has taken and recorded as a solo. But the question is? Why would Lil Wayne pass up releasing this song (which could garner him a hit) himself to promote his "Rebirth" album which had two dead lead singles?? He definitely needs a hit song to get people interested in his new album due in June.

I've listen to the various leaks. I cannot hear Madonna on any of them. But maybe it's just because they are bad quality. But there is 1:25 decent quality snippet of the song in a rapidshare link posted in this thread which doesn't feature any other vocal but LIL Wayne.

As many of you have stated, you like the track so far... so again, I ask? Why would LIL WAYNE just give this track to Madonna when he needs a hit to sell his soon to be released album where the first two singles pretty much didn't go anywhere??? And if it is featuring Madonna, why are we just hearing about it Now?

I'm just wondering if this is just a LIL WAYNE track from his Rebirth album which does feature female vocals in the chorus and someone just started a rumor that it's Madonna and it went from there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shPo1xBLwIM

What does that link prove? I've heard it before. I've also heard the 1:25 min higher quality version of the song starting from the beginning. Of course, the chorus haven't kicked in yet, but there are no other vocals but Lil Wayne and some guy at the beginning saying something like "The Real Crystal Crew".

I just find it odd people are saying it either features Madonna or it's going to Madonna as a solo track named "Revolver" as well, when his last single was called "Hot Revolver".

I think whatever the case... I think this is where the "Revolver" connection is coming from. And I don't believe this is a song which is going to Madonna as a solo, nor do I believe it's Madonna being featured with him. Those vocals in the above link you provided are vocoded to death and overlayered with various vocalists which may include a female.

Lil Wayne is a guilty pleasure of mine, but i'm not so sure about a Madonna collaboration. None of these leaks have convinced me of anything, so i'll wait for something more concrete.

"I'm the triggerman, I pull it

I will when you wouldn't

Do you wanna eat the bullit

and I know where to put it"

* catholic mode *

oh my, what are they talking about :shy:

You hate PRINCE?

yeah, sure...why not...is that a crime? :lol:

well, not HATE him because I don't know him personally but don't like him at all...Him and his damn music.

more info from Anna:

'revolver' produced by dj frank e, will be the first single off the 'greatest hits' record and is indeed set to promote it not long from now. don't be too quick to judge anythin, don't rush your opinions, i promise you haven't heard nothing yet!

thanks rob explains it!!!

And it sounds hot now can't wait to see how they made it better remember the beat goes on demo and the final album version!