"4 Minutes" on the Billboard Charts

thebigham

Guest ercos
agree.

all she's done is some photo shoots (most of which were lousy except for VF). big effin deal. it might make her fans drool, but regular people don't care.

maybe what she needs is a couple flop albums in a row, and then she'd either learn her lesson... or just retire.

Madge already said that she wont ever retire, she will make music until she dies.

besides, her LN deal ensures 2 more albums. :)

Honestly, this woman is due for another precipitous downfall. Madonna's had two (Erotica and American Life), so there is no reason to believe Mariah doesn't have another one coming. And I can't wait...

:lol: You really are the classiest anti-Mariah poster here.

Guest marsha
I has nothing to do to be a fan, we're acting like mariah fans, at last that bitch does her part. I love Madonna, but if she doesn't care about a #1, why must we?. If she doesn't want to do promo for this song, we're wasting our time.

I agree. and let's enjoy this wonderfull time, amazing success. Too bad Touch my brush will make history at #1 on charts books and (maybe) not 4M. If M doesn't care that much, I'm happy enough with the song doing so well, it's better and better on radio, even if they could play it more (amazing rate, callout count.). If she doesn't care about charts, I follow her, but not fool enough to give her my money for 10 remixes I don't like. I can't wait for HC. previews are fantastic.

Edited by marsha

:lol: You really are the classiest anti-Mariah poster here.

:thumbsup: I try.

Honestly, I don't hate Mariah, but I must admit I do get angry when I read posts from the Lambs at PULSE and UKMIX - exaggerating her record sales and what not. I think she is probably the "most-commercially-successful-yet-most-creatively-irrelevant singer" I've ever heard.

I won't lie though. I do like "Migrate" quite a bit.

Guest ercos

4M BB positions April 18 edition :

Hot 100 - #7 (from #3)

Hot100 Airplay - #27 ??? (from #41 ????)

Pop 100 - #3 (from #2)

Pop 100 Airplay - #11 (from #12)

Dance Airplay - #4 (from #4) **BL jumps 8 to #3

Digital - #2 (from #1) *** gold certification

Guest missy bi_tch
4M BB positions April 18 edition :

Hot 100 - #7 (from #3)

Hot100 Airplay - #27 ??? (from #41 ????)

Pop 100 - #3 (from #2)

Pop 100 Airplay - #11 (from #12)

Dance Airplay - #4 (from #4) **BL jumps 8 to #3

Digital - #2 (from #1) *** gold certification

and annie lennox debuts at 80 with too many rivers to cross? Wow... her last hot 100 hit must have been a while back.

madonna should've worked harder for this single. a #1 single REALLY could've given the album a boost and the following singles a better chance at success.

instead, 4M will be "just another madonna single that didn't fully succeed"... and US radio will likely snub her other singles (just like they did Hollywood and Sorry and Jump, etc).

for some reason, she's under the impression she can just "skate" to success like she did in the 80s and early 90s. well, that may still work in europe and japan, japan, but she has to work her *** off for a hit in the US. and she just doesn't seem to care.

Face the facts... US radio HATES her...

they forced themselves to kind of support this single since T&JT are on and the demand was extremely high...

but their "support" still don't match the demands for this song at all!

Since release 4M has been the most popular single song on iTunes for some weeks, and that popularity is not decreasing... also the song is one of the most requested ones... still it has just about 40 AI... while not as demanded songs have like 100+ AI and are still gaining!

Yes I agree that Madonna seems to be a little lazy with the promo for it... hopefully that won't be the case...

but the only fact is that US radio hates her...

they won't support the second single and she will struggle to get into pop top.20 played songs with any coming single from this new album (maybe BTG will have some chances because it features Kanye... and therefor they might play her)...

but in general the US radios hate towards Madonna disgusts me!

:thumbsdown:

me too... but I still appreciate every minute gain it hardly earns daily...

but I just hate this indifference towards her

:thumbsup: I try.

Honestly, I don't hate Mariah, but I must admit I do get angry when I read posts from the Lambs at PULSE and UKMIX - exaggerating her record sales and what not. I think she is probably the "most-commercially-successful-yet-most-creatively-irrelevant singer" I've ever heard.

I won't lie though. I do like "Migrate" quite a bit.

That's because the general public is too stupid to appreciate creativity. They want catchy, safe, and dumbed-down. That's why Mariah is popular.

Guest missy bi_tch

it's just sad that a stoopid single by someone as one-dimensional as fergie or rihanna or any of the black gals could easily go to #1 while artists like madonna and annie lennox has to struggle...

Guest iMisto

Kinda off point, but Madonna's 4M video was number 1 on TRL yesterday!

And they ONLY counted votes.... which means, people must like it. :D Cause we can cheat and stream all day, but voting takes more time. Makes me happy to see her at number 1 again on TRL!!

Leona: 223.000 + 84.000 = 307.000

Madonna: 198.000 + 44.000 = 242.000

Lil Wayne: 189.000 + 89.000 = 278.000

Jordin: 153.000 + 120.000 = 273.000

Ray J: 125.000 + 125.000 = 250.000

Mariah: 122.000 + 131.000 = 253.000

Usher: 121.000 + 148.000 = 269.000

#1: Leona 307k

#2: Lil 278k

#3: Jordin 273k

#4: Usher 269k

#5: Mariah 253k

#6: Ray J 250k

#7: Madonna 242k

SERIOUSLY, IT'S A SHAME THAT 4 MINUTES LOW AUDIENCE ON USA RADIO.

If they stick to the old calculation i.e. sales x 2:

Leona: 446.000 + 84.000 = 530.000

Madonna: 396.000 + 44.000 = 440.000

Lil Wayne: 378.000 + 89.000 = 467.000

Jordin: 306.000 + 120.000 = 426.000

Ray J: 250.000 + 125.000 = 375.000

Mariah: 244.000 + 131.000 = 375.000

Usher: 242.000 + 148.000 = 390.000

We'll get this:

#1: Leona 530k

#2: Lil 467k

#3: Madonna 440k

#4: Jordin 426k

#5: Usher 390k

#6: Ray J 375k

#7: Mariah 375k

4/26 Billboard charts:

Hot 100: 4M falls 3 places to #7.

Hot 100 Airplay: 4M climbs from #30 to #27.

Hot Singles Sales: Jump falls from #25 to #45.

Pop 100: 4M falls from #3 to #2, but it still has a bullet.

Pop 100 Airplay: 4M climbs from #12 to #11.

Hot Dance Airplay: 4M holds at #4 without a bullet.

Hot Dance Singles Sales: Jump falls off after 42 weeks on.

Hot Dance Club Play: 4M debuts at #32.

Rhythmic Top 40: 4M climbs from #39 to #31.

Guest iMisto
Mariah turns 40 Y.O. in March 2010.

Honestly, this woman is due for another precipitous downfall. Madonna's had two (Erotica and American Life), so there is no reason to believe Mariah doesn't have another one coming. And I can't wait...

Erotica and American Life are high-lights to me!!!!!! Those are the moments when she was on the frontlines of social/political change!! How dare you call those downfalls, indirectly comparing them to "Glitter"!!!

Guest Bad Robot
The US charts are strange. Why has it fallen if airplay has improved?

It fell mostly because other songs around it were growing much faster.

But the sales loss was 18k copies. The airplay gain was only about 3M audience impressions. That balances out to a net loss of 1500 points.

Guest iMisto
It fell mostly because other songs around it were growing much faster.

But the sales loss was 18k copies. The airplay gain was only about 3M audience impressions. That balances out to a net loss of 1500 points.

Bad trade off... *cough*

lol j/k

Guest marsha
Face the facts... US radio HATES her...

they forced themselves to kind of support this single since T&JT are on and the demand was extremely high...

but their "support" still don't match the demands for this song at all!

Since release 4M has been the most popular single song on iTunes for some weeks, and that popularity is not decreasing... also the song is one of the most requested ones... still it has just about 40 AI... while not as demanded songs have like 100+ AI and are still gaining!

Yes I agree that Madonna seems to be a little lazy with the promo for it... hopefully that won't be the case...

but the only fact is that US radio hates her...

they won't support the second single and she will struggle to get into pop top.20 played songs with any coming single from this new album (maybe BTG will have some chances because it features Kanye... and therefor they might play her)...

:thumbsdown:

the pleasant thing is that radio have to play the song, at least a few times a day because people want to listen to it. it's a delight to imagine the face of the dumb radio's programmers, some dickheads from Clear Channel..., forced to play M even if they don't like her. O pleasure!