MadonnaNation.com Forums

Experts call for regulation after latest botched art restoration in Spain

We have a trillion frescos in villages where only 10 people live, so sometimes some old lady decides to act. 

24 minutes ago, karbatal said:

We have a trillion frescos in villages where only 10 people live, so sometimes some old lady decides to act. 

she wanted to call the manager but couldn't get a hold of him/her so she decided to take a hand at the restoration herself? hahaha

hey what's the Karen equivalent in Spain btw? 😅

3 hours ago, ThomasW said:

she wanted to call the manager but couldn't get a hold of him/her so she decided to take a hand at the restoration herself? hahaha

hey what's the Karen equivalent in Spain btw? 😅

I don't think there is one.

We have the Marujas but that's mostly used for housewives that love to gossip and therefore get in other people's business. 

Don't worry babes. Those images are valuable but they were made by the trillions during the XIX century by people who copied the same image over and over. We have a lot in every little village. I'm sure in Italy and Portugal it's the same.

Of course THERE IS a law against it. Those patronising articles by Anglo Saxon press, always ready to put down Mediterranean countries, are click bait 

On 6/24/2020 at 5:53 AM, elijah said:

Travesty. Monkey Christ is the worst 😞

I love the Monkey Christ.

24 minutes ago, nightcutter said:

I love the Monkey Christ.

Me too.

In a way it's the icon of an era.

1 hour ago, horn said:

So glad that both Last Supper & Mona Lisa are not in Spain.

We have other important pieces of art in the considered best museum of paintings  in the world, thank you very much

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

We have other important pieces of art in the considered best museum of paintings  in the world, thank you very much

Prado is indeed one of the best museums for paintings I have ever been to and among like top 3 in Europe.

On 6/26/2020 at 1:34 PM, karbatal said:

I rather go to El Prado and Reina Sofia over seeing the stupid Mona Lisa any day :inlove: 

2 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I rather go to El Prado and Reina Sofia over seeing the stupid Mona Lisa any day :inlove: 

true, the one on display at the Louvre is a fake one anyway

1 minute ago, ThomasW said:

true, the one on display at the Louvre is a fake one anyway

Really? :lol: 

I was in a bad mood with because there were so many tourists so I skipped it and I'm honestly ok with that. 

6 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

Really? :lol: 

I was in a bad mood with because there were so many tourists so I skipped it and I'm honestly ok with that. 

It’s like a santimeter big. A big let down and Leonardo has better works...

On 6/26/2020 at 7:34 PM, karbatal said:

The museum should try and get the Monkey Christ!