Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion


Recommended Posts

When I logged on last week and Taylor Swift had like 32 million views in a matter of hours, that kind of put things into perspective for me in terms of the uphill battle Madonna will have going forward as far as singles charting on Hot 100. Seriously, how can she EVER compete with that at this stage?? 

I wouldn't be too upset about it though, this is just a completely different time. Madonna fans are older (generally) SHE is "older".....all of that factors in here. At this stage in her career, using Hot 100 as a barometer for her success is futile. As long as she has a high album debut, some decent critical acclaim and a successful tour then this era is a success in my view. I truly don't think this album will match RH sales if I'm being perfectly honest. That's no reflection on her but just the market in general. I just hope the meltdowns are minimal! lol Fingers crossed though she can cross that magical 1 million mark worldwide!

Back in 2012 MDNA was considered to be a big flop for some. Madonna pushing over 2 million copies of an album doesn't sound so bad now huh? :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly I'm pretty relief it wasn't like the RH era ( and I LOVE that era ) in terms of having the focus be on the  chart positions/ sales/ airplay.

That was an eye opening moment for me to be honest . I was in denial during the whole MDNA thing .

I remembered it was so depressing when Lionel F-King Richie beat her to No. 1 , Madonna singing Ghosttown with Taylor Swift and still it didn't chart .

This era seems more chill and personally I don't think Madonna gives a shit . She's making music that she loves and the way she wants to make it .

It's so refreshing . I mean her first single is sang 50 % ( or more ) in Spanish with a Latin singer.

Everything looks so effortless and fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

Frankly I'm pretty relief it wasn't like the RH era ( and I LOVE that era ) in terms of having the focus be on the  chart positions/ sales/ airplay.

That was an eye opening moment for me to be honest . I was in denial during the whole MDNA thing .

I remembered it was so depressing when Lionel F-King Richie beat her to No. 1 , Madonna singing Ghosttown with Taylor Swift and still it didn't chart .

This era seems more chill and personally I don't think Madonna gives a shit . She's making music that she loves and the way she wants to make it .

It's so refreshing . I mean her first single is sang 50 % ( or more ) in Spanish with a Latin singer.

Everything looks so effortless and fun.

He did not beat her to #1. She was #1. He was #2. They even joked about it how she liked to be on top. He sold more in the long run tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

He did not beat her to #1. She was #1. He was #2. They even joked about it how she liked to be on top. He sold more in the long run tho.

Really ? I remembered that she posted a photo on instagram with the quote " Oh Well " . 

I think it was the Empire soundtrack and not Lionel Richie ( for the us BB 200 Chart ) . Sorry for the mistake .

From Wiki

Rebel Heart peaked at number two on the US Billboard 200 and the UK Albums Chart.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice for her to have a hit single but ultimately the music industry is a touring business now. Half the performers last night were pushing tours or residencies. Taylor Swift may get crazy youtube views but Madonna once ran MTV. Put it all in perspective and stop dwelling on the little bits of negative.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

Really ? I remembered that she posted a photo on instagram with the quote " Oh Well " . 

I think it was the Empire soundtrack and not Lionel Richie ( for the us BB 200 Chart ) . Sorry for the mistake .

From Wiki

Rebel Heart peaked at number two on the US Billboard 200 and the UK Albums Chart.

RH was beat by the Empire soundtrack. RH sold more copies, but Empire had like 10000 more streams. MDNA bet Lionel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Madonna did one performance and the song got to 55 from outside the 200s. I don't think u understand. People don't know she has a new song. She is not played on radio. She doesn't have a tv network backing her or using her track for adverts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Butter9 said:

Really ? I remembered that she posted a photo on instagram with the quote " Oh Well " . 

I think it was the Empire soundtrack and not Lionel Richie ( for the us BB 200 Chart ) . Sorry for the mistake .

From Wiki

Rebel Heart peaked at number two on the US Billboard 200 and the UK Albums Chart.

Yes. Madonna and Lionel were competing with MDNA vs Tuskegee. First time they were in such position since True Blue vs Dancing on the Ceiling back in 86.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OVER 1 million views on YOUTUBE!!! YAY!

 

Ps. Can one of the moderators @HolidayGuy @svperstar @Kim change my restricted account? It's hard to post the great info/photos I have...when it says I've reached my limit after 5 posts? I was a Forum God before It was restricted and my posts number erased..the day I criticized Queen MADONNA about MDNA skincare...I've tried to contact the moderators (privately) but haven't heard a response....can someone fix this...Thank you so much!

Edited by MLVC82
Link to post
Share on other sites

RH peaked at No. 1 on Top Album sales, so that is very notable.

MLVC- not sure if I could do that: I would message contact svper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MLVC82 said:

I've tried to contact the moderators (privately) but haven't heard a response....

I think not.

Anyway, if you promise to be a good boy, then I'll consider it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I can add I Rise and Hyperballad to my playlist!

Link to post
Share on other sites

the live performance is trending big in USA - #10 :tigger:.... 🙏please don't forget to add comments and LIKE comments today... lets help out with the # of views today!!! we have until midnight to add more views for this weeks charts!!!!!💖💖

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Butter9 said:

Really ? I remembered that she posted a photo on instagram with the quote " Oh Well " . 

I think it was the Empire soundtrack and not Lionel Richie ( for the us BB 200 Chart ) . Sorry for the mistake .

From Wiki

Rebel Heart peaked at number two on the US Billboard 200 and the UK Albums Chart.

It was The Empire soundtrack. It had more SEA than Rebel Heart. Like Holidayguy mentioned, it topped the Top Album Sales chart instead. I remembered Guy O. tweeted something about it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bill said:

I've been really depressed by chart performance so far.  I never want to get my hopes up anymore but it's baffling that this catchy song isn't even in the Hot 100 on Billboard or being played on the radio at all.  It's genuinely heartbreaking for me because I see how much work she's put into this.  I hope this performance makes a difference, but I see the bump on iTunes for all the other songs that were performed and most are much higher than Medellin.  Still hanging on to the hope that it catches on against all odds.  I hate to be negative, just a little sad this morning after that spectacular performance... I expected to see top 10 on iTunes at least.

Bill, at least she charts somewhere else besides Top 100. She just got 3 #1s on Latin charts. Next month she’ll get her album debut on BB200. Medellín is still climbing on Dance Club Songs chart to be her 47th #1! 

M can’t beat TS, Ariana or even BTS anymore. We’ll just have to accept the fact and move on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, karbatal said:

:lmao:

Oh dear, I thought you would enjoy a joke. 

Touché!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Bill, at least she charts somewhere else besides Top 100. She just got 3 #1s on Latin charts. Next month she’ll get her album debut on BB200. Medellín is still climbing on Dance Club Songs chart to be her 47th #1! 

M can’t beat TS, Ariana or even BTS anymore. We’ll just have to accept the fact and move on. 

Yeah, let go and enjoy the awesomeness of everything Medellin. The charts are a shit hole of taste-free trash for the most part anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Bill, at least she charts somewhere else besides Top 100. She just got 3 #1s on Latin charts. Next month she’ll get her album debut on BB200. Medellín is still climbing on Dance Club Songs chart to be her 47th #1! 

M can’t beat TS, Ariana or even BTS anymore. We’ll just have to accept the fact and move on. 

Where is it on the dance charts? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bill said:

I've been really depressed by chart performance so far.  I never want to get my hopes up anymore but it's baffling that this catchy song isn't even in the Hot 100 on Billboard or being played on the radio at all.  It's genuinely heartbreaking for me because I see how much work she's put into this.  I hope this performance makes a difference, but I see the bump on iTunes for all the other songs that were performed and most are much higher than Medellin.  Still hanging on to the hope that it catches on against all odds.  I hate to be negative, just a little sad this morning after that spectacular performance... I expected to see top 10 on iTunes at least.

Bill, I think you should not look at charts anymore concerning artists like Madonna. I mean, nobody expects Bruce Springsteen's new single to be number one. However, people expect quality and surely good opening numbers. For years I stopped looking at charts regarding veteran acts. I didn't pay atenttion during Rebel Heart, never expected any song to chart. Same with Madame X singles.

I think Madonna is focusing on hyping the album, something that is really working on favour of artists these days. I guess that is why we get I Rise on Friday and maybe the new single next week! I may be wrong because I am not in Madonna's head, of course, but I think she's calculating the exposure, views, etc in order to get  new fans and having a succesful tour! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, karbatal said:

Bill, I think you should not look at charts anymore concerning artists like Madonna. I mean, nobody expects Bruce Springsteen's new single to be number one. However, people expect quality and surely good opening numbers. For years I stopped looking at charts regarding veteran acts. I didn't pay atenttion during Rebel Heart, never expected any song to chart. Same with Madame X singles.

I think Madonna is focusing on hyping the album, something that is really working on favour of artists these days. I guess that is why we get I Rise on Friday and maybe the new single next week! I may be wrong because I am not in Madonna's head, of course, but I think she's calculating the exposure, views, etc in order to get  new fans and having a succesful tour! 

I agree. 

The other issue working against her is radio won’t play her. Her streaming numbers aren’t much different from other acts that chart but they get additional support from radio while she doesn’t. That most disappointing part of that is her music is still better than most of the crap they do play. ☹️

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Napoléon said:

I agree. 

The other issue working against her is radio won’t play her. Her streaming numbers aren’t much different from other acts that chart but they get additional support from radio while she doesn’t. That most disappointing part of that is her music is still better than most of the crap they do play. ☹️

But veteran acts in the 90s didn't chart either. It's life and that is how it is. Charts are about artists being hot and they are consumed by kids. As that recent article we read said, "Madonna fans are not streaming not stop and watching not stop because they have a life. And that is why they can afford going to her concerts". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...