“Extreme Occident” thread

1 minute ago, strictmachine said:

But how does Shazam know this already?!

Shazam is now an Apple company, so they know the lyrics 🙂 

10 minutes ago, Magician said:

I’m having a hard keeping up, was this mentioned already?

https://twitter.com/mdnamafia/status/1118254771935354881?s=21

40036959-C737-49B7-BCCB-75BD2E5DDD0D.jpeg

So those lyrics are from Extreme Occident according to Shazam? I don't believe it. It's impossible that Shazam has the album. It would leak.

Sorry ....I meant she left America because she was unhappy with the way things went politically.....at least that's my interpretation of it.⁉

I don't think so. Portugal is very much Occident. The song must be a reflexion about the state of affairs of the world, but not meant as a explanation about the reason she went to Portugal. Which was to be with her children, of course.

2 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

I don't think so. Portugal is very much Occident. The song must be a reflexion about the state of affairs of the world, but not meant as a explanation about the reason she went to Portugal. Which was to be with her children, of course.

Yes I see what you mean.😁

23 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Shazam is owned by Apple. Apple has the album already. 

hmmm. why would they have the album two whole months before the supposed release date? isn't that a leak waiting to happen?

Edited by bardo

3 minutes ago, bardo said:

hmmm. why would they have the album two whole months before the supposed release date? isn't that a leak waiting to happen?

It's very common & doesn't usually lead to leaks. 

Shazam is a very good tool by the way, it might be worth using it with some of the snippets we've heard over the past few months on Instagram. It may pick some of the track names up.

32 minutes ago, bardo said:

This is a fair point. If Apple accidently exposed the album cover, tracklisting and credits I dont think as careful as theyve been that they would let them have the album on their server two months before. My thought is that the album is coming out sooner than we think...

6 minutes ago, Eltacubo said:

This is a fair point. If Apple accidently exposed the album cover, tracklisting and credits I dont think as careful as theyve been that they would let them have the album on their server two months before. My thought is that the album is coming out sooner than we think...

there have certainly been examples in recent years of entire albums leaking because they were accidentally posted to itunes early, even if for a few seconds. all it takes is one bad apple. 

1 hour ago, bardo said:

there have certainly been examples in recent years of entire albums leaking because they were accidentally posted to itunes early, even if for a few seconds. all it takes is one bad apple. 

i have to say- considering the last album leaks and the leaks with MDNA, even if everything leaked right now it would be an improvement!!!

3 hours ago, motherandfather03 said:

i have to say- considering the last album leaks and the leaks with MDNA, even if everything leaked right now it would be an improvement!!!

For sure! When it comes to the single that is. Would still be devastating if album leaked though since it's still 2 months out. Down to just about 12 hours til premiere time and still not even a taste of the single. Looks like some serious holes were plugged over at Madonna HQ 👍

I know LFL, GMAYL, Music and Frozen all leaked prior to their scheduled releases but my memory is fuzzy on 4M, HU and AL......aside from snippets, didn't they pretty much stay under wraps until they were officially sent to radio? I know all full albums since Music have leaked before their scheduled releases.

12 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

For sure! When it comes to the single that is. Would still be devastating if album leaked though since it's still 2 months out. Down to just about 12 hours til premiere time and still not even a taste of the single. Looks like some serious holes were plugged over at Madonna HQ 👍

I know LFL, GMAYL, Music and Frozen all leaked prior to their scheduled releases but my memory is fuzzy on 4M, HU and AL......aside from snippets, didn't they pretty much stay under wraps until they were officially sent to radio? I know all full albums since Music have leaked before their scheduled releases.

4M was played by Timberland a month or so beforehand on a show, it was recorded in lq and leaked.

Just now, elijah said:

4M was played by Timberland a month or so beforehand on a show, it was recorded in lq and leaked.

Ah ok...ty!

I remember the little Jingle Ball snippet from 12/07 but don't recall the leak closer to release. Although, I do remember listening to some LQ version of the song for some time before official release......thought it may have been a radio rip but very well could be the leak you're talking about.

Pretty much every project post "Bedtime Stories" has had something leak in advance prior to its official premiere, whether it's a snippet or something longer.  "Hung Up" had several clips leaked early (and then the Hello Moto version without the ABBA sample was floating around for a while, too).  4M had a piano version of part of the verse doing the rounds and we had about half of the song from the Jingle Ball.  "Beautiful Stranger" and "Die Another Day" both leaked early.  AL had various clips out there, too (remember the furore when the "I'm drinking a soy latte" section leaked!) , and then a DJ in the UK got hold of it early.  Even YMLM leaked early in Asia.