New Grammy thread: The Queen of Life OWNS IT

I know, I hate this ageism, especially directed to woman. Fortuantely most of the reviews had been pretty good, and yesterday when "Madonna is 56" was trending on twitter most of the twits were positive.

The whole ageist shit really bothers me. I was watching with my best friend and he and his friends were basically trashing her saying she needs to sit down because she's too old to be wearing outfits like that and being provocative. And I got so angry because it's suck bullshit. I brung up other artists who are just as old and do things provocative and wear revealing things and he just said "yeah but they do it in a classy way" everyone wants her to retire everyone wants her to be this boring old sappy grandma and not push buttons. They want her to change who she is because of the age attached to her. Sadly this will always be the same. Nobody will ever accept that she isn't changing just because she's 56 and that really upsets me and bothers me. It's such a double standard that people hold. I could see if she looked a hot mess, but she looks SO good! It's like if she can pull it off and look damn good what the hell is the problem? It frustrates me so much.

But should ANY of us change when we hit 56 ? Is that in some ageist rule book somewhere that I missed ? You can be who or whatever you want at any age in my opinion . Do they expect her to just wear bathrobe and have curlers in her graying hair ? Bitch she's Madonna !

She's not gonna dance in flats...she knows she looks hot with heels. I'm watching again and she was visibly shaking a few times, I can't tell if it's because of the shoes or because she was nervous.

Anyway, we need more gifs!!!

giphy.gif

I noticed that he legs were shaking when she knelt down while wearing the cape. I thought it was so sweet but the hair shaking moment is LIFE .

The whole ageist shit really bothers me. I was watching with my best friend and he and his friends were basically trashing her saying she needs to sit down because she's too old to be wearing outfits like that and being provocative. And I got so angry because it's suck bullshit. I brung up other artists who are just as old and do things provocative and wear revealing things and he just said "yeah but they do it in a classy way" everyone wants her to retire everyone wants her to be this boring old sappy grandma and not push buttons. They want her to change who she is because of the age attached to her. Sadly this will always be the same. Nobody will ever accept that she isn't changing just because she's 56 and that really upsets me and bothers me. It's such a double standard that people hold. I could see if she looked a hot mess, but she looks SO good! It's like if she can pull it off and look damn good what the hell is the problem? It frustrates me so much.

Well, that's what makes Madonna different than the rest. She keeps pushing people's buttons while the new bitches are as save as a kid's Bible cartoon show.

She's not gonna dance in flats...she knows she looks hot with heels. I'm watching again and she was visibly shaking a few times, I can't tell if it's because of the shoes or because she was nervous.

giphy.gif

It's nerves! It's always nerves. Watch any awards show performance, you'll catch her hands shaking.

Theres this moment during the middle of the performance where the dancers surround her when she sings "lifted me up and watched me stumble" and they're just sort of standing there grabbing onto her and she's struggling to stand on her feet and then they leave but then there's like 4 of them still holding onto her. I swear it looked like they didn't know what they were doing. Who is the choreographer?

Theres this moment during the middle of the performance where the dancers surround her when she sings "lifted me up and watched me stumble" and they're just sort of standing there grabbing onto her and she's struggling to stand on her feet and then they leave but then there's like 4 of them still holding onto her. I swear it looked like they didn't know what they were doing. Who is the choreographer?

I didn´t understand this part as well

Okay, I need a summary. I didn't get home until 1am last night. I watched the performance online - but any red carpet video/pics? Did she make any other appearances during the show? I DVR'ed the ceremony, but haven't watched - and won't if I don't have to.

am i the only one here who thinks differently? i didn't find her stiff or whatever...why has she have to dance like mad evey single second when she performs?

i found her magnificient!!

and :lol: at all the little flaws found...we are the most demanding fans!!!

This will be a revolution of enquiring further, of not worrying about winning other people’s approval, of not wishing you were someone else but perfectly content to be who you are: someone unique and rare and fearless. I want to start a revolution of LOVE

LIFT ME UP

LIFT ME UP

LIFT ME UP

LIFT ME UP

DEAD :wow: :wow: :wow:

I want to start a revolution of LOVE

LIFT ME UP

LIFT ME UP

LIFT ME UP

LIFT ME UP

DEAD :wow: :wow: :wow:

My favorite part! Goosebumps every time! The epic music, M saying the word "love" and then the back up singer "loooooove". The screen falls and the musuc begins. Epic!!

am i the only one here who thinks differently? i didn't find her stiff or whatever...why has she have to dance like mad evey single second when she performs?

i found her magnificient!!

and :lol: at all the little flaws found...we are the most demanding fans!!!

Totally agree ,i stayed awake until 5 in the morning to watch THE performance of the night .She nailed it, end of story

She's walking her own walk and that's nothing but amazing!!!. She sticks to her guts and that's something that we can always count her for. I'm so proud of her and proud of being her fan!

What an amazing performance! The intro, the dance, the look, the voice, the ending, the smile, the body!

Yes, there were some things off here and there but that doesn't take the fact that this was MAJOR! I'm still speechless!

OKAY

After a long and great night and with only

hours of sleep and going to the court and work, I have to stay it was all WORTH it !!!

Madonna just slayed with her energetic, erotic royal performance. She showed everyone how to throw a supa dupa fantastic performance !

I dont read any negativ comments or magazines newspapers writing about her age or stiffnes or whatever

This is a new ERA full of joy and happines, and I am happy that she is happy and giving us a happines era. No room for negativity, just LOVE.

This performance was her best grammy performance after NRM, M and HU ! And maybe one of her bests on TV ever !

NOW, I need a hd video, anyone has links ??

but how is this not classy?

giphy.gif

9 Moments Of The 2015 Grammy Awards We'll Never Forget

Read more: http://www.kiisfm.com/features/57th-annual-grammy-awards-12/articles/15/489860/9-moments-of-the-2015-grammy-13233339/#ixzz3RGokdT9B

1. Madonna and her bull dancers during her performance of "Living For Love." The Queen of Pop has STILL got it.

madonna_0_1423445413.jpg

My favorite part! Goosebumps every time! The epic music, M saying the word "love" and then the back up singer "loooooove". The screen falls and the musuc begins. Epic!!

Me too! I was literally tearing up with that part! So exciting!!!

I just can't believe how batshit crazy the conspiracy assholes on tumblr are about the performance... they cannot stop talking about how 'satanic/illuminati' it is. And then they go on with some typical ageist bullshit.

I love that her work continuously fucks with them...