New Grammy thread: The Queen of Life OWNS IT

what the fuck is wrong with Billboard? they placed Madonna's performance at number 10 and Beyawnce at number 1?...I mean, I can get they hate but 10?! and that Jay Z's wife number 1?...like really?...w-h-a-t-e-v-e-r

Stunning. First time I'm hearing the song and first time I'm seeing her performance. I'm glad I avoided all the spoilers and stuff.

Greatest Grammy performance by her ever! Can't believe some uptight fags are calling her stiff. She was stunning and made everyone else look boring. No on else combines artistry with proper tunes and performance like her.

On the bad side, it annoys me how the Press are concentrating on her ass flash when she just delivered such a stunning performance. Especially here in the UK, it's all about how desperate she is by showing her ass. Hopefully that will change when the album drops and she gets headlines for getting another number 1.

what the fuck is wrong with Billboard? they placed Madonna's performance at number 10 and Beyawnce at number 1?...I mean, I can get they hate but 10?! and that Jay Z's wife number 1?...like really?...w-h-a-t-e-v-e-r

So true. What nonsense, especially considering Madonna's performance was the most viewed and the ratings dipped off for good after she was done.

The "Beyonce can do no wrong" meme is so played out.

Lmfao! Channel not showed Ariana's and Kanye West performances so far.

My GOD!! First time I've watched M on big HD screen. She was amazing!!! She didn't look stiff at all. Stunning!! She looked HOT as FUCK!!!

I'm so proud of her!!!

I'm not surprised she is getting called worsed dressed in many outlets for her red carpet number... she obviously wanted maximum attention and is definitely getting it over a boring dress..... though I wish she had picked a dress that still had a lot of buzz-worthiness, IMO.

I loved the performance outfit though, especially when she took the cape off to show it. Iconic!

Music should not be Oscars, should not be glamour! It should be fucking Rock n Roll!!! There's no Rebels no more!!!

Fuck the boring haters!!! Madonna is our last Rebel!!! No one has the balls but only Madonna!

Music should not be Oscars, should not be glamour! It should be fucking Rock n Roll!!! There's no Rebels no more!!!

Fuck the boring haters!!! Madonna is our last Rebel!!! No one has the balls but only Madonna!

Once Madonna is gone (not anytime soon, but whenever that happens) it'll be the death of the era of glitz, glamour, rock and roll, risque performances and outfits and all that excitement we used to look forward to. These days it's basically a bunch of gowns with a slit here and there, "natural" looking makeup that looks it took 4 hours to put on, flat hair... :(

Or people looking absolutely ridiculous (Lady Gaga) with no class or creativity just in the hopes of causing a rise out of people.

She was superb last night, congratulations Madonna. She looked great and she wasn't stiff at all. I was really happy and entertained watching it live. I think general public also liked her performance. I hope her next tour include similar visuals and image.

So true. What nonsense, especially considering Madonna's performance was the most viewed and the ratings dipped off for good after she was done.

The "Beyonce can do no wrong" meme is so played out.

They gave it a really good review though and gave it an A .

Billboard

10. Madonna

Bringing her Givenchy-masked minotaurs to the Grammy stage for her '90s house-imbued single "Living for Love," Madonna was a major highlight. She looked killer in her Wild West burlesque outfit and sounded fantastic -- and any performance that ends with Madonna ascending into the heavens get an A grade.

They gave it a really good review though and gave it an A .

Billboard

10. Madonna

Bringing her Givenchy-masked minotaurs to the Grammy stage for her '90s house-imbued single "Living for Love," Madonna was a major highlight. She looked killer in her Wild West burlesque outfit and sounded fantastic -- and any performance that ends with Madonna ascending into the heavens get an A grade.

Cool, thanks for sharing. A deserved A for sure.

NY Daily News

madonna.jpg

Madonna proved to the world why she's the undisputed Queen of Pop during her show-stopping performance of "Living for Love" at the 57th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California on Feb. 8, 2015.

im really sorry as i think it may have been posted before... but is there a HD file to download of the performance. i don't know how far back in the thread it is if it's been posted...

also from NY Daily News article

"Madonna is ageless during her rendition of her new song, ‘Living for Love.’"

"Madonna, 56, rocked the house and risked being impaled by dancers sporting horns as she performed her new single “Living for Love.”"

conclusion:

this was her best Grammy performance so far.

1. Living for Love

2. Hung Up

3. Music

4. Nothing Really Matters

5. Cane

Cane? :dead:

Assicated Press

The night had several memorable performances. Usher did a spot-on Stevie Wonder imitation for "If It's Magic," briefly joined by the master with his signature harmonica. A well-toned Madonna cavorted with men wearing bull masks and antlers on her new "Living for Love." Smith was joined by Mary J. Blige on "Stay With Me" and Annie Lennox dueted with Hozier on "Take Me to Church."

Reuters

Top Grammy Moments: Matador Madonna

Fifty Shades of Madonna

In the night when the music industry crowned British soul singer Sam Smith with a leading four Grammys, including song and record of the year, viewers at home were treated early on to Madonna's burlesque homage to bullfighting.

Pop music's 56-year-old grand dame of scandalizing spectacle, performed her new song "Living for Love" in red and black lingerie with 20 dancers wearing bulls' horns and rhinestone-covered faces twirling the singer about. She was later joined by a choir of more than two dozen singers.

also from Reuters

Madonna delivered an energetic performance of "Living For Love," accompanied by male dancers in elaborate horned face masks and singers dressed in mariachi costumes. She ended the high-octane set by being suspended above stage in a harness.

NY Post

Worst Dressed list

Madonna turned up the tush

madonna-2-photos-copy.jpg?w=680&h=450&cr

Madonna always knows how to leave us wanting less.

Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage; Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP

The most skin on the red carpet came from a surprising contender: Madonna. The singer proved she’s still Madge-ical in this Givenchy matador-inspired number. But, to be honest, the color scheme — light pink and black — made it look a bit cheap rather than couture. Her peek-a-butt trick, however, was the best kiss-off for all of us critiquing her outfit.

NY Post

Best Moments

Madonna

463041922.jpg?w=680&h=450&crop=1

Photo: FilmMagic

There wasn’t much competition in fairness, but the familiar Madge magic was sprinkled over Los Angeles’ Staples Center as she performed “Living For Love” with a cast of horny-looking men (and for once, not horny in the icky sense).

also from the NY Post

Madonna proves she’s still got it

463026166.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

Her album leaked, she scored a social media fail by tweeting doctored pictures of Nelson Mandela and other revered historical figures to promote her album — but Madonna still will not be defeated.

On Sunday night at the 57th Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, she was as good as her word and showed that she was going to carry on by singing her new single “Living For Love,” and lighting up a telecast that was awash with dull ballads.

The 56-year-old dispatched with the shock tactics for once, choosing instead to lead a vibrant, Matador-themed production, complete with dancers wearing bullhorns. The gospel-influenced dance track also happens to be her best in years, a fact that was reflected in the way the buttoned-up music industry crowd inside the Staples Center danced with something approaching pleasure. Madge might be part of the old guard, but she can still work minor miracles now and again.

Aside from Sia’s performance of “Chandelier” (aided by Kristen Wiig and Maddie Ziegler’s interpretive dancing) and Miranda Lambert’s typically ballsy rendition of “Little Red Wagon,” the musical offerings contained within the Grammys telecast were some of the most sedate in recent memory (and that’s saying something). The night got off to an ominous start with aged Aussie rockers AC/DC croaking their way through “Highway to Hell,” but that was like a shot of pure adrenaline compared to what followed.

For “Thinking Out Loud,” Ed Sheeran enlisted John Mayer, Herbie Hancock and Questlove for what amounted to a Lite FM super group. The Brit singer-songwriter then joined ‘70s prog-rock dullards E.L.O. for versions of “Evil Woman” and “Mr Blue Sky.” Even Sheeran’s best friend Taylor Swift looked bemused at his choice of collaborators.

He had two slots, but Kanye West also struggled to lift the night’s excitement value, performing solo for “Only One” (a tender tribute to his late mother, Donda) before hooking up with Rihanna and Paul McCartney for the bland acoustic-soul of their new single “FourFiveSeconds.”

NY Post

Worst Dressed list

Madonna turned up the tush

madonna-2-photos-copy.jpg?w=680&h=450&cr

Madonna always knows how to leave us wanting less.

Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage; Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP

The most skin on the red carpet came from a surprising contender: Madonna. The singer proved shes still Madge-ical in this Givenchy matador-inspired number. But, to be honest, the color scheme light pink and black made it look a bit cheap rather than couture. Her peek-a-butt trick, however, was the best kiss-off for all of us critiquing her outfit.

How can it be worst dressed...come on, it's fabulous and I aint no pink and lacy kinda gal. It was HOT and what Grammys should be...or are usually. Since when is this a conservative event. And I think this outfit was way more flattering than the performance one...in colour and cut. She looked beautiful :smooch: