Her LEAST exciting tour

I'm honestly not a big fan of Sticky and Sweet. I don't even own the DVD. It simply wasn't my thing whatsoever. Re-Invention Tour was my first Madonna tour so my opinion is completely biased. I will admit, though, that I completely ignore many of the songs off that tour.

Who's That Girl was the least interesting to me. But excellence compared to other pop stars. :)

Those who dont buy the brilliance of S&S round 2 r those who didn't attend round 2 are those who shouldn't speak. :fag:

PREACH IT SISTAH!!!!!!

What are you on?

I only saw Hanky Panky because it was on the MTV Madonna weekends.. ;)

The only thing I know about TGS is that she had ugly short hair (ok, I like it in photoshoots or videos but NOT on stage) and that it was kitsch of the highest level. That's it. I've thought about seeing it though, just never came around to it.

I've seen all the tours since 2001 and they were ALL exciting when seeing them live. Looking back though, I must say RIT seems to be her least inspired. That tour was damage control and it shows in her lack of enthusiasm when performing the older songs. However, many of the AL songs were greatly improved with their live versions and she had that "oomph" when performing them. That was missing in her performances of EY, MG, PDP, ITG and DTM. The arrangement they used for LAP is an insult to the song, it totally took out it's "grandness". LOVE Stuart, but somehow he managed to turn one of the best pop songs of all time into a bad karaoke number.

On the other hand, TBW/Vogue is one of her best openings ever and NKM is one of her best live performances ever. It has other great moments too. Truly I don't think any of her tours are bad.

The only thing I know about TGS is that she had ugly short hair (ok, I like it in photoshoots or videos but NOT on stage) and that it was kitsch of the highest level. That's it. I've thought about seeing it though, just never came around to it.

HANKY PANKY WAS NOT ON TGS BITCH!!!!!

I've seen all the tours since 2001 and they were ALL exciting when seeing them live. Looking back though, I must say RIT seems to be her least inspired. That tour was damage control and it shows in her lack of enthusiasm when performing the older songs. However, many of the AL songs were greatly improved with their live versions and she had that "oomph" when performing them. That was missing in her performances of EY, MG, PDP, ITG and DTM. The arrangement they used for LAP is an insult to the song, it totally took out it's "grandness". LOVE Stuart, but somehow he managed to turn one of the best pop songs of all time into a bad karaoke number.

On the other hand, TBW/Vogue is one of her best openings ever and NKM is one of her best live performances ever. It has other great moments too. Truly I don't think any of her tours are bad.

:kiss2:

Guest dicktracy

People who cant see the brilliance of the DWT need to hand in their fan cards right now. SRY

Brilliance does not equal enjoyment.

How can you say that without seeing it?? Its up on youtube you can see the whole thing like most of Madonna's shows. I loved the horny bisexual look of Madonna in TGS and all of the bodies on stage were hot!!!!!!!

Guest dicktracy

All of her tours are exiting. You can like one more than the others I suppose, but they are all amazing shows IMO.

And WTF?? with the Drowned World Tour bashing???? :confused: Joking right? :confused:

:wow:

DWT would've been perfect if in between the Frozen segment and the Pimp segment we didn't have to endure one of her new singles in Spanish, all that guitar playing and sitting down (and people complain about the guitar on Hung Up), the cringe worthy "Funny Song" and the "cool" but not that exciting La Isla Bonita. Anyway, RIT had amazing moments too but overall, just like DWT, it was not one of the most exciting tours. Madonna will never top Blond Ambition with its combination of pushing the envelope, F-You attitude, AND huge hits.

MAJOR FLOP FAN. You need to see it immediately. It probably is the most consistent and entertaining Madonna show (close with Confessions). I can't believe there are Madonna fans that havent seen the GIRLIE SHOW. OMG

Brilliance does not equal enjoyment.

How can you not enjoy something that is brilliant? Of course RIT was cute and fuzzy and had all the hits (raped like the limp versions of EY, LAP, PDP, ITG, Holiday I could go on and on but anyway)but DWT is just so POWERFUL and AMBITIOUS in its scope and concept. Its fucking ART. Madonna at her best. Again, and I mean it, if someone doesnt like DWT they dont get what Madonna is about.

S&S was a lot of fun. But it did have a whiff of been there done that possibly because Jamie Queen is doing EVERYONES shows at this point.

once again I totally agree with you. Jamie King should be fired. I just can't stand him anymore.

Guest bluejean

once again I totally agree with you. Jamie King should be fired. I just can't stand him anymore.

I have a feeling her next album and tour are going to be her most innovative in a long time. Madonna is a competitive person and as much as she pretends she doesn't care she will want to reclaim her throne from Gaga and prove she is still the biggest and the best. No, she has nothing to prove but she has the drive to be the biggest. That's why she's stayed on top for so long.

First things first, get rid of Jamie King and his ideas that he recycles from artist to artist.

There is absolutely no such thing as a "least exciting" Madonna tour. I seriously think some of you need your temperatures taken.

How can you not enjoy something that is brilliant? Of course RIT was cute and fuzzy and had all the hits (raped like the limp versions of EY, LAP, PDP, ITG, Holiday I could go on and on but anyway)but DWT is just so POWERFUL and AMBITIOUS in its scope and concept. Its fucking ART. Madonna at her best. Again, and I mean it, if someone doesnt like DWT they dont get what Madonna is about.

I can agree that DWT is "fucking art" and it is brilliant. I get what dicktracy is saying though. As brilliant as DWT is, it can come across as just slightly pretentious and "artsy fartsy" for the sake of it. For us loons that is GREAT, I loved every minute of it but for a more casual fan that must be awfully boring. I have to say that out of all the Madonna shows I've been to, DWT is the only one I actually heard people complaining about after the show. Not to mention how awkward it was to be surrounded by 20,000 people (that were mostly sitting down) and hear nothing but silence during certain performances. DWT is definitely in a league of it's own in terms of her tours IMO. I'm glad that the first time I got to experience Madonna live was with this tour. I wouldn't say it was her most entertaining though.

The energy she gave for S&S and the crowd reception though was out of this world and more in line with a true "concert experience". There has been a certain "aloofness" or "coldness" to Madonna's performances from DWT-CT that I felt she didn't truly shed until S&S. Her S&S stage persona is more like she was as a live performer in the 80's and I think that side of Madonna as a live perfomer NEEDED to be seen again.

In regards to DWT, I remember years ago Madonna telling Molly Meldrum that in a show "if you dont start the show strong, you aren't going to hold them for the rest of the show". Which is very true, because DWT had a very slow opening that would put anyone to sleep and basically set the tone for the whole show. Boring!

The energy she gave for S&S and the crowd reception though was out of this world and more in line with a true "concert experience". There has been a certain "aloofness" or "coldness" to Madonna's performances from DWT-CT that I felt she didn't truly shed until S&S. Her S&S stage persona is more like she was as a live performer in the 80's and I think that side of Madonna as a live perfomer NEEDED to be seen again.

I agree. S&S was not my favorite tour in terms of the imagery and production (there were too many recycled ideas) and some of the arrangements. But she projected a warmth and a love for performing that wasn't there on some of her more recent tours.

Guest Pud Whacker

i love them all but for me its RIT. the great parts are great but when i watch it in IGTTYAS or the pro bootleg - its very lethargic - as far as Madonna shows go. however, its very influential - i see echoes all the time.

Guest Pud Whacker

agree 100%.

RIT stands for me as her lowest tour. Even so it was the first time ive seen her live, it was that amazing moment but if you ask me to compare it just hits a low target. It was an overall poor show with poor costumes, poor stage and lack of synch between the setlist (even so the tour itself was about the oldies been performed since ever)

Again- why would a mega-fan let a casual fan's viewpoint on a show affect their own enjoyment? For some more-than-casual fans, they just might not have liked DWT as much as other tours.

I agree that M was more "cold" on DWT- but that went with the whole attitude of that era. The "request" section on S&S opened her more to crowd interaction, but she's far from being an act who has many interacting-with-the-crowd moments. Confessions had a nice moment, when she sat down and talked to the crowd (after "Let It Will Be").

S&S. To me is a complete embarrasement and the only dvd that i still haven't bought. My list would be

1. BAT

2. Girlie Show

3. Confessions

4. Who's that Girl

5. DWT

6. RIT

7. S&S

I don't judge the Virgin Tour because it's another kind of tour, smaller.