CELEBRATION: A RETARDATION.

Mattress

I just noticed today that, on the one-disc version on the actual CD itself, Justin Timberlake's name is misspelled as "Jusin."

I don't recall if that was pointed out earlier -- if so, sorry. There were really a lot of typos in this whole project.

so of the edits which one is the best edit they have made for Erotica?

Erotica (single edit) 4:37

Erotica (ghv2 edit) 4:33

Erotica (celebration edit) 4:30

My GHV2 is still sealed so I've never heard this edit - is it different in any way to the original edit?

• 1 month later...
Guest Danny86

In case anyone is still concerned, the latest issue of ICON set the record straight:

"Some will say that "Miles Away" should have been replaced with "Give It 2 Me", but did you know that "Miles Away" was the best-selling single in Japan over the past 12 months? This is a greatest hits package made for a world-wide Celebration for every Madonna music lover."

In case anyone is still concerned, the latest issue of ICON set the record straight:

"Some will say that "Miles Away" should have been replaced with "Give It 2 Me", but did you know that "Miles Away" was the best-selling single in Japan over the past 12 months? This is a greatest hits package made for a world-wide Celebration for every Madonna music lover."

in Japan. But what about all around the world? Every people that I know (which occasionally are not fans) loved Give it 2 Me. That was the perfect choice.

and people say Miles Away flopped. what a joke

and people say Miles Away flopped. what a joke

It did flop except in Japan where it was used in an advert. Shows what could have been achieved elsewhere if the lazy ****s had bothered with promotion of any kind whatsover. A video six months later does not count! She couldn't even get a Top 30 in the UK and she's had top 20s since 84!

I presume ICON glossed over the other problems though highlighted throughout this thread! Erotica edit anyone?

We already knew that, and again - make it a bonus track in Japan, who get bonus tracks all the time anyway - Something To Remember had one for instance

It's annoying me that the top voted review on Amazon is so bad - http://www.amazon.com/review/R5719BPH59R10/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

Filled with inaccuracies. For a start, he's dead wrong about "Dress You Up" surely. It's not a previously unreleased remix is it?

What a poor review! Inaccurate in many parts. Since when did "Hollywood" have a rap? Haha. No, as far as I know, "Dress You Up" is the original "LP Version", except for that cut off intro. The intro is also unique in that the drum beat heard is not actually the drum beat heard in the "LP Version" intro -- meaning that it's not actually just cut off but rather a different part altogether. I discovered this when re-creating the "LP Version" by pasting the drum beat intro from the 2001 "LP Version" remaster in front of the 2009 remaster from 'Celebration'. As for this unique intro, I have no idea where it came from. It makes me wonder if there were simply two different masters available for "Dress You Up [LP Version]" in the vaults, one with the full intro (as we've always known) and one with the intro as heard on 'Celebration'. Someone may have just pulled out a different master. Not surprising, considering the slipshod edits for several tracks.

• 2 months later...
Guest Danny86

Hope I don't get shot for bumping such an old thread, but some might be interested to read this:

(posted by tonybecks of Madonna Tribe)

A friend of mine on Facebook recently bought a second copy of the 'Celebration' 2CD and claims the issues relating to songs like 'Erotica', 'Music' and 'Hollywood' are now fixed.

The codes on the corrected discs show a new generation of pressings so I'm inclined to believe him.

You should be able to tell the difference, if you check the playing side inside ring of the actual discs which have numbers engraved on them:

"Good" version:

CD1 - 936249729-6/1.4 V02 WJS

CD2 - 936249729-6/2.2 V02 JOM

"Dodgy" version:

CD1 - 936249729-6_DISC1 21

CD2 - 936249729-6_DISC2 21

As you can see on e.g. CD1 - the addition of the /1.4 V02 - at the end of the catalogue number indicates a second revision of the contents of the disc has taken place.

Perhaps our voices were heard after all?

Very interesting. Obviously waiting until it needed to go for a repress but too late and I'm still surprised that such a sloppy release was allowed through in the first place. I would say the originals could be collectors item but I doubt it given how many must have been sold!

it's like when Warner printed the Bedtime Stories artwork the wrong way and later corrected it..... or Something To Remember's initial pressing with no back cover :wow:

I don't think these hold any value?

Is there a trade/sell section here on Madonna Nation. I have a very rare item I think some Madonna fans would be interested in. Perhaps some of you others could point me in the direction of a Madonna trade/sell forum?!

Guest Danny86

Well, she's sold like half million or maybe one millon, isn't it? Or has she sold more?

You're so outta the loop it's not even funny.

I wonder if they fixed all the credit typeo's too (I got Celebration on Vinyl and I haven't gone through the credits really well but some of the obvious mistakes were fixed, like Lenny Kravitz in all caps).

Yeah, all the credits were fixed for the vinyl already.

More from tonybecks:

Update from owning friend:

Yeah Erotica edit is fixed.

There's no American Life overlay into Hollywood either, and Die Another Day opens with full "bang"/"clicky" thing.

Cherish lyrics also sorted at end from "can't get away i won't let to" or whatever it said on the dodgy version, to "i could never forget to"... ever such a slight judder where they've edited it but unless you had it full blast on your iPod/phone you wouldn't tell really.

You're so outta the loop it's not even funny.

Yeah, all the credits were fixed for the vinyl already.

More from tonybecks:

Update from owning friend:

Yeah Erotica edit is fixed.

There's no American Life overlay into Hollywood either, and Die Another Day opens with full "bang"/"clicky" thing.

Cherish lyrics also sorted at end from "can't get away i won't let to" or whatever it said on the dodgy version, to "i could never forget to"... ever such a slight judder where they've edited it but unless you had it full blast on your iPod/phone you wouldn't tell really.

I noticed that too. :thumbsup:

Too bad this mess was not fixed in the beginning.