CELEBRATION: A RETARDATION.

Mattress

I'm sure Warners owns the masters, but I think Madonna has final say on any releases after her departure.

That's my understanding, too. It was discussed when she first signed with LN that this arrangement was quite unusual for an artist leaving a major label. I can't find any reference to it now, though, but I know I read it! :confused:

That's my understanding, too. It was discussed when she first signed with LN that this arrangement was quite unusual for an artist leaving a major label. I can't find any reference to it now, though, but I know I read it! :confused:

I'm pretty sure i read that somewhere too.

ok, maybe appreciation is a lot to ask. how about cd quality, standardized and legitimated final versions of these gems that were seen as left behind?

No argument there. Love to have them on CD format. That's if it's still around when and if these ever do get released.

sigh... i got wistful after hearing "me abandono a ti" by laura pausini... that's the italian remake of "like a flower" for the unfamiliar, but the production and the music to it made me realize like a flower could have been great. the added sounds in the background give it a nearly minimalist but close to orbit flair that would have worked on ROL. i guess has to be is better than nothing for an extra, it's such a pretty song in its own right.

and hearing "alone again" by kylie minogue, i wanna hear madonna's version so much more... sorry, hope i didn't go too far off topic. if the world were mine i'd have made warner include a third disc of "from the vault" as part of this celebration... almost all of these shelved songs are more well thought than revolver and celebration, even though i like those two.

No argument there. Love to have them on CD format. That's if it's still around when and if these ever do get released.

ah, good point. i say it like i even buy cd's, i only buy itunes versions but i do buy hard copies of her albums... except hard candy, ironically. it was buy it and get "ring my bell" or get the CD and get... pink background and crotch shot.

I think "Like a Flower" is a beautiful song. But I see why it was left in the vaults. And with the leak of the song (even though it may not be CD quality), it's not like we can't put it on our own home made CD. I have.

indeed, and i tend to add the unreleased songs to ROL but i always have the problem with the obvious and sudden drop in sound quality... why WAS it left in the vaults? like a flower and revenge (note i don't mention gone, gone, gone in the same league) seem like they could have done well with the orbit touch. i thought the only reason they didn't make it was they were produced before and she wanted a different direction, but look at the demo for substitute for love and i get confused as to why shanti / ashtangi was worthy and revenge or like a flower was not.

I'm sure Warners owns the masters, but I think Madonna has final say on any releases after her departure.

I'm hoping she OKs stuff if it's a good idea - like a LAP remaster. :| I imagine she'd be unhappy if it clashes with LiveNation product being released. If she has a new wave of popularity again with a future release, doubtless WBR will want to cash in like any label would, but she would be pissed and veto it.

And I'm reaching here, but maybe Warner put little effort into Celebration BECAUSE of that clause that she has that won't let them exploit her back catalog. :bad: The thinking being if you're not gonna let us use your back catalog why she would care about it. :wacko:

ah, good point. i say it like i even buy cd's, i only buy itunes versions but i do buy hard copies of her albums... except hard candy, ironically. it was buy it and get "ring my bell" or get the CD and get... pink background and crotch shot.

Madonna is the only artist these days I'll buy a physical copy. I'll download the digital versions. In fact, I have a couple of her maxi-singles I've never opened because I have downloaded the versions. She's pretty much the only artist or thing I will foolishly spend money on. Though, I usually stick to the cd's, Dvd's and such. I don't go for all the merchandise. But I'll tell you one thing I would love to get my hands on is a huge TRUE BLUE album (without text) Wall Mural much like the few they sell of the other albums or singles. But I suspect it would be pricey.

Madonna is the only artist these days I'll buy a physical copy. I'll download the digital versions. In fact, I have a couple of her maxi-singles I've never opened because I have downloaded the versions. She's pretty much the only artist or thing I will foolishly spend money on. Though, I usually stick to the cd's, Dvd's and such. I don't go for all the merchandise. But I'll tell you one thing I would love to get my hands on is a huge TRUE BLUE album (without text) Wall Mural much like the few they sell of the other albums or singles. But I suspect it would be pricey.

and i'd love one of the ray of light cover... i have a promo poster of it, and it's nice but it'd be so awesome to have that (or confessions) as a wall centerpiece.

on this dead horse i'm beating, i think since alone again and liquid love were both cut (along with like an angel passing through my room) from the music album that is probably why i listen to music (the album) the least of any. i mean the one song i can think of that tugs at my heartstrings is "gone," and i do add the demo of liquid love to it when i make a cd but alone again and liquid love would have made it compete with ROL for the one that i fell for harder. as it is, it'll always be a toss up between ROL and COADF for me since i was a fan since bedtime stories, had been too young or naive before that and obviously wouldn't have understood erotica at that age lol

Edited by infiniblue

:lmao: Good lord. How old are you, 10?

No, but you must be since you have to resort to demeaning tactics in all of your posts. Why not just make your points in a constructive and mature way, try not shutting others up and no one would say anything.

Well in that case, I'm anal...which is fine :) That is what audiophiles do: we are music enthusiasts who seek high-quality audio reproduction of the material at hand. We take a detailed listen and expect the BEST possible quality mastering available. When we don't get it...we don't buy and hope/wait for something better to come along in the future.

I'd like to know how they can get away with 'Digitally Remastered From The Original Tapes!' on a sticker on the front of the CD when many of the tracks are taken directly from the Immaculate Collection. In my personal honest opinion...the only reason to buy this compilation is for the new tracks.

Many have mentioned that they can hear things in the songs they've never heard before which I attribute to the LOUDNESS applied to the tracks. The compression added by the use of "no noise" on the tracks which were sourced from analog and the un-necessary EQ make these tracks lack dynamic range MAJORLY! They were "remastered" very loudly which further takes away from the dynamics and I find this also to be completely un-necessary. The volume should be turned up on one's stereo...not at the mastering board :) My Japanese 1st press CD from the 1980's of Madonna's debut album sounds ten times better than the "remastered" versions here. The hiss is still present (YAY!!) and the dynamic range is STELLAR!

We need audiophile remaster-er Steve Hoffman at the head of the Madonna Single Collection (featuring all of the familiar single versions/video versions)

Edited by cherbette

No, but you must be since you have to resort to demeaning tactics in all of your posts. Why not just make your points in a constructive and mature way, try not shutting others up and no one would say anything.

Ok then. :thumbsup:

Guest IJustFuctMadonna

Well in that case, I'm anal...which is fine :) That is what audiophiles do: we are music enthusiasts who seek high-quality audio reproduction of the material at hand. We take a detailed listen and expect the BEST possible quality mastering available. When we don't get it...we don't buy and hope/wait for something better to come along in the future.

I'd like to know how they can get away with 'Digitally Remastered From The Original Tapes!' on a sticker on the front of the CD when many of the tracks are taken directly from the Immaculate Collection. In my personal honest opinion...the only reason to buy this compilation is for the new tracks.

Many have mentioned that they can hear things in the songs they've never heard before which I attribute to the LOUDNESS applied to the tracks. The compression added by the use of "no noise" on the tracks which were sourced from analog and the un-necessary EQ make these tracks lack dynamic range MAJORLY! They were "remastered" very loudly which further takes away from the dynamics and I find this also to be completely un-necessary. The volume should be turned up on one's stereo...not at the mastering board :) My Japanese 1st press CD from the 1980's of Madonna's debut album sounds ten times better than the "remastered" versions here. The hiss is still present (YAY!!) and the dynamic range is STELLAR!

We need audiophile remaster-er Steve Hoffman at the head of the Madonna Single Collection (featuring all of the familiar single versions/video versions)

Oh, you're a Steve Hoffman nerd.

Not a matter that I don't notice or don't care... In fact, I care a lot about this release. I've listened over and over, and I am not hearing what these people are complaining about. I am not the only one. Therefore, whether it's there or not, I don't see it as a big deal as some who have definitely jumped on this on-going bandwagon to trash everything Madonna does.

And I am sorry, but the negative buzz is created by fans. The fans who claim to hear these "glitches". Let's remember there are many of us who don't hear it, or don't see it as a big deal. As stated before, this is quite minimal and I think some people are just being quite anal. And I honestly cannot fathom a fan (such as myself) passing this release up simply because what Mattress has posted WHICH some have claimed to do so. That my friend is based on what Mattress posted and that my friend is creating a negative buzz especially when it's passed around.

I like to once again clarify... I have nothing against Mattress. I just don't agree with his assessment just like many others. So it basically comes down to agreeing to disagree. And most of all, I am going to buy this release and enjoy it. Pity others let these minor so called glitches which to me sounds like you really have to be paying close attention to really notice them since I certainly cannot hear them, yet these people are passing on what is one of her best compilations ever. Even if the mistakes are there, as others pointed out, there are far many pluses to the album for me to enjoy it without thinking it ruins the album.

ugh...you are seriously the worst. words cannot describe. :lmao:

Guest bluejean

I don't see it as a big deal as some who have definitely jumped on this on-going bandwagon to trash everything Madonna does.

It's not a bandwagon, it's a fact. This isn't about personal taste of whether we like a song or want to "bash Madonna" as you claim. The glitches are there and there's no dispute. You have completely ignored everything I said and just repeated the same spiel for the 20th time.

We don't claim to hear them, we DO hear them. Frankly, I find it bizarre that you cannot.

there are far many pluses to the album for me to enjoy it without thinking it ruins the album.

I agree, so let's move on my friend :lol:

my copy has no american life at the start of hollywood. i think it's a BS story.

No, it's definitely there, but you have to have the volume up ridiculously loud, and even then, it's barely perceptible.

No, it's definitely there, but you have to have the volume up ridiculously loud, and even then, it's barely perceptible.

in that case i think all the fans bothered by this should just DEAL WITH IT.

ugh...you are seriously the worst. words cannot describe. :lmao:

You really need to look in the mirror. Do you have anything constructive, mature, or intellegent to add or do you just have putdowns that only end up demeaning yourself and the discussion ...which btw is a excellent one despite people like you who only come in to laugh or add something a preschooler would. :thumbsdown:

It's not a bandwagon, it's a fact. This isn't about personal taste of whether we like a song or want to "bash Madonna" as you claim. The glitches are there and there's no dispute. You have completely ignored everything I said and just repeated the same spiel for the 20th time.

We don't claim to hear them, we DO hear them. Frankly, I find it bizarre that you cannot.

He could have a different download or CD than you. He may have different speakers than you. There could be all kinds of different reasons. So, I don't see that as "bizarre" especially when others have posted on the same thing that they can't hear the things you talk on either. He's not the only one who can't hear the glitches.

He could have a different download or CD than you. He may have different speakers than you. There could be all kinds of different reasons. So, I don't see that as "bizarre" especially when others have posted on the same thing that they can't hear the things you talk on either. He's not the only one who can't hear the glitches.

And bluejean is not the only one who CAN hear the glitches.

There is a simple explanation for the people who cannot hear the glitches. They are not audiophiles. They simply do not have the ear for it. That's not a bad thing...some of us just have a trained ear for such.

yeah, well, some ppl here just won't admit it. :voodoo:

There is a simple explanation for the people who cannot hear the glitches. They are not audiophiles. They simply do not have the ear for it. That's not a bad thing...some of us just have a trained ear for such.

it's a blessing. :vanitybonet:

I hear it 2..& all teh wanking bout edit this & edit that..

But listen I'm not upset..'cuz I have sex on a regular basis. :fag:

It's a Celebration y'all! Like no more hesitatin' & shit..No more hatin'. :fag::fag: