CELEBRATION: A RETARDATION.

Mattress

ugh...you are seriously the worst. words cannot describe. :lmao:

Why was this necessary? You took a pretty general perspective on my part and turned around and made a personal attack? What have I ever done to you to warrant such an attack? What a mature individual of you. I certainly hope this makes you feel like you accomplished something, because right now, I just find someone who does something like this a "complete ass".

Please just ignore me from this point on. I'll be happy to return the gesture. THANK YOU!

It's not a bandwagon, it's a fact. This isn't about personal taste of whether we like a song or want to "bash Madonna" as you claim. The glitches are there and there's no dispute. You have completely ignored everything I said and just repeated the same spiel for the 20th time.

We don't claim to hear them, we DO hear them. Frankly, I find it bizarre that you cannot.

I agree, so let's move on my friend :lol:

Yeah whatever dude! LOL! I'm on repeat, yet you aren't with insisting this nonsense can actually be heard. I just find it bizarre some are making such a big fuckin' deal over this. And I find it bizarre that many are saying they don't hear it, etc., yet you keep hounding me as if I am the only deaf person who refuses to hear this shit you people keep insisting is there!! Go bother someone else about your claims! I really don't care what you believe you hear. I'm done with this thread because as always, people make it personal and just attack. Not that I am surprised!! :manson:

I'm sure we'll get a remaster of Like A Prayer 30 years from now - when it's out of copyright and neither she nor Warners can do anything about it :demonic:

I thought copyright was at least 70 years, so that scenario would require 50 years from now. (And sometimes "life of the author" is mentioned in copyright law. Not sure if that only applies to written works, or if it also extends to musical compositions, in which case it would be 70 years after Madonna's death. But, more than likely, it would be the end of the year 2059 when "Like a Prayer" moves into the public domain. Barring any successful legal measures taken to extend the copyright protection -- which could happen, as well... I think there's something on the books now about a one-time extension to the timeframe, but I'm not sure.)

Yeah whatever dude! LOL! I'm on repeat, yet you aren't with insisting this nonsense can actually be heard. I just find it bizarre some are making such a big fuckin' deal over this. And I find it bizarre that many are saying they don't hear it, etc., yet you keep hounding me as if I am the only deaf person who refuses to hear this shit you people keep insisting is there!! Go bother someone else about your claims! I really don't care what you believe you hear. I'm done with this thread because as always, people make it personal and just attack. Not that I am surprised!! :manson:

There's nothing wrong with a good debate. No reason to fight folks :banghead:

Guest bluejean

yet you keep hounding me as if I am the only deaf person who refuses to hear this shit you people keep insisting is there!!

I'm just surprised you can't hear it that's all. Since it's bleeding obvious to me. But oh well.

I thought copyright was at least 70 years, so that scenario would require 50 years from now. (And sometimes "life of the author" is mentioned in copyright law. Not sure if that only applies to written works, or if it also extends to musical compositions, in which case it would be 70 years after Madonna's death. But, more than likely, it would be the end of the year 2059 when "Like a Prayer" moves into the public domain. Barring any successful legal measures taken to extend the copyright protection -- which could happen, as well... I think there's something on the books now about a one-time extension to the timeframe, but I'm not sure.)

Don't know for sure but I read that EMI finally decided to release the Beatles remastered CDs because they would soon be out of copyright and anyone could exploit them.

I hear it 2..& all teh wanking bout edit this & edit that..

But listen I'm not upset..'cuz I have sex on a regular basis. :fag:

It's a Celebration y'all! Like no more hesitatin' & shit..No more hatin'. :fag::fag:

:rotfl:

LOVE your sig!! :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker

my friend on another forum - boy did he nail it:

You want to cancel your orders, but you stole the new tracks along with countless other pirated versions of videos, edits, unreleased material etc. Sounds to me like it's less about the quality of the product and more about your sense of entitlement when it comes to the fruits of someone else's labor. Essentially, you suck. Have you ever thought that perhaps you are the reason behind the record industry's lack of investment and behind profit-driven artists like Madonna having no interest in pleasing you. I couldn't give a flying f#ck if you like me so bitch away!

:ass:

Guest SoUnusual

Don't know for sure but I read that EMI finally decided to release the Beatles remastered CDs because they would soon be out of copyright and anyone could exploit them.

And Michael Jackson couldn't make any cash off them.

You want to cancel your orders, but you stole the new tracks along with countless other pirated versions of videos, edits, unreleased material etc. Sounds to me like it's less about the quality of the product and more about your sense of entitlement when it comes to the fruits of someone else's labor. Essentially, you suck. Have you ever thought that perhaps you are the reason behind the record industry's lack of investment and behind profit-driven artists like Madonna having no interest in pleasing you. I couldn't give a flying f#ck if you like me so bitch away!

That was nailing it? The point still manages to evade you.

And I've purchased every goddamn thing they've ever made available.

:clap:

:thumbsup: +1!!!!!!

That was nailing it? The point still manages to evade you.

And I've purchased every goddamn thing they've ever made available.

Obviously it doesn't apply to you, Mattress, since you *do* buy everything (and plan to buy every version of "Celebration", in spite of your feelings about it) - but the fact remains that a significant number of people have chosen to cancel their orders or not to buy the collection, even though many of them would already have copies of the new tracks, the remastered versions of songs that they've heard are good etc. That's stealing.

I really do miss the days when the first time you heard a new album was when it was either premiered on the radio as part of a "pre-release special", or you actually had it in your hands after having bought it at the store.

Guest groovyguy

Obviously it doesn't apply to you, Mattress, since you *do* buy everything (and plan to buy every version of "Celebration", in spite of your feelings about it) - but the fact remains that a significant number of people have chosen to cancel their orders or not to buy the collection, even though many of them would already have copies of the new tracks, the remastered versions of songs that they've heard are good etc. That's stealing.

I really do miss the days when the first time you heard a new album was when it was either premiered on the radio as part of a "pre-release special", or you actually had it in your hands after having bought it at the store.

And soon there will be a negative thread about how Madonna is flopping on the chart: CELEBRATION: A HUGE FLOP!

Here's a great profile on Mr. Brainwash from Last Call. Lots of Madonna art throughout including the precursors to the album cover.

<object width="400" height="267"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4272004&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4272004&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="267"></embed></object><p><a href="

Daly interview Mr. Brainwash on his show The Last Call [PART 1]</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1629866">bentzi19</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

<object width="400" height="267"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4272372&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4272372&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="267"></embed></object><p><a href="

Daly interview Mr. Brainwash on his show The Last Call [PART 2]</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1629866">bentzi19</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

:inlove:

Guest SoUnusual

Fuck Like A Virgin is really loud! The whole album is really loud. The clicks in Music suck!

What is this strange Express Yourself? They really fucked up Cherish. What the hell is with all the misprints in the booklet??

NOT HAPPY

Has anyone managed to get a response from Guy and Warners?

I'm sure they will correct any mistakes for future pressings.

I did notice Music today on another cd player. And I seem to have to turn revolver up to hear it as well.

The booklet mistakes are unforgivable. If I was one of the uncredited songwriters I'd be so angry. Maybe it's the people who made these songs that will kick off and get things changed.

I can't believe they let the cd inlay mistakes happen and I can't see why they haven't said anything yet.

To end with the positives I'm still happy with the majority of this album. Into the groove and who's that girl sound amazing and like a prayer is to die for!!! Lovely.

I'm loyal to M and always will be but the mistakes on this make me feel like Warners are sending her off with a kick in the teeth rather than the fanfare she richly deserves!

Guest SoUnusual

My winamp simply won't play Music ripped from Celebration. It plays in everything else.

does any one know if there is going to be a release of "It's So Cool" on disc and not just digital?

Digital only.

Guest SoUnusual

The more I listen to Celebration, I actually think Cherish sounds better. The original sounds cutty while this is smoother.

Express Youself is okay, I don't like the echo but thats about it.

Guest bluejean

I hate to admit it but its true. Warner have thrown this project together cheaply because they simply can't afford to be spending money on an artist who has no real further financial benefit to them. They're not making anywhere near what they used to 10 or 20 years ago. They really won't make that much on this compilation, and if they aren't able to release anything further of Madonna from here she's a worthless investment.

Madonna is already making alot of money with Live Nation, alot more than she has made for Warner in recent times. Meanwhile, anyone who downloads instead of buying music from any artist at all can be held accountable. Record labels are going to be dead soon enough. For Madonna it's not a bad thing. I can see her Live Nation products being of much higher quality because they will have the profit to justify spending lots of recording, packaging, marketing etc. So that is the positive side to all this. She's got a better deal now and I bet she has been desperate to move on from Warner in the last few years.

Guest malifact

Hello, this is my first post after finding this forum through an Internet search. I agree with a lot of the comments made about the mastering/versions used in this compilation. I have to say on the plus side it's really great to have remastered versions of tracks like "Who's That Girl" and "Into the Groove". I guess Warner saw this, as a great way to make money from casual fans and judging from the early sales figures unfortunately it's working.