COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

Crux

5 hours ago, Butter9 said:

We have reopened about 80 % of our country. Inbound / Outbound flights are still banned till end of June .

Malls ( except gym and  cinema ) , Stores , restaurants as well as some offices have reopened . Schools remain close and students have to study online.

I went to the one of the malls for the first time in almost 3 months and everybody was wearing masks and face shields . All staffs at the malls

( in all stores ) are wearing masks and face shields as well as rubber gloves  . I was wearing mask and disposable rubber gloves and no one bat an eyelid .

Tables at restaurants have clear partitions

separating the diners . Even if you go together as a couple you will have to sit behind your own partition on the same table.

A table of 4 will only have 2 seats available as per social distancing guideline. Bars and clubs are still close until further notices .

Sales of alcohol are banned in restaurants ( available to take home only ).

When you go into a restaurants, stores , malls you must check in / out with QR codes and you can submit reviews of whether or not the promises are following the government's

health / safety guidelines .

This is the new normal here .

It sounds like a very strategic and safe reopening unlike how bars in NYC opened over the weekend. Bars served drinks as take out orders but people hung out in the streets outside the bars causing over crowding and some bars even let people in to drink. People were not practicing social distancing and wearing masks either. The stupidity and ignorance of people in general is to blame, but also political leaders such as Cuomo and DeBlahsio who are not making masks and social distancing mandatory instead just saying that people should be safe and let the animals out of their cages. I've seen videos from Italy and from what I've seen people seem to be wearing masks and respecting the rules in public spaces. The US at the moment doesn't seem to understand. 

19 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

It sounds like a very strategic and safe reopening unlike how bars in NYC opened over the weekend. Bars served drinks as take out orders but people hung out in the streets outside the bars causing over crowding and some bars even let people in to drink. People were not practicing social distancing and wearing masks either. The stupidity and ignorance of people in general is to blame, but also political leaders such as Cuomo and DeBlahsio who are not making masks and social distancing mandatory instead just saying that people should be safe and let the animals out of their cages. I've seen videos from Italy and from what I've seen people seem to be wearing masks and respecting the rules in public spaces. The US at the moment doesn't seem to understand. 

I'm actually really surprised at Thailand and the Thai people.  To be honest I thought we would be a complete disaster during this pandemic and I  am shocked at how scared people were/are . I'm also surprised to see so many people in Europe wearing masks .I personally hate wearing it ( I know I advocate for it in most of my posts here ) . You smell your own  our own breath and half of your face is always covered with your saliva but I would rather it be MY own saliva than someone else's  . 

I mean now in Thailand face masks , face shields and even rubber gloves are A THING . They are like the most fashionable accessories you can wear . It's weird . 

We are a developing country but we have really good heath care system and great hospitals here . It's one of our largest industries ( we have a lot of foreigners coming to our country for all sorts of treatments as they are more affordable  ) . Our culture has saved us a lot of lives too . I would give 80 % credit to our people ( we almost did everything ourselves with minimum help from the gov ) and 20 % ( begrudgingly ) to our government who did a passable job but it was us , the people , that did most of the work . 

IMO clubs and bars should be the last places to reopen . I know people might want to enjoy the summer and the good weather but it's not worth the risk . There will be another summer.

But you only have one life . 

6 hours ago, Butter9 said:

We have reopened about 80 % of our country. Inbound / Outbound flights are still banned till end of June .

Malls ( except gym and  cinema ) , Stores , restaurants as well as some offices have reopened . Schools remain close and students have to study online.

I went to the one of the malls for the first time in almost 3 months and everybody was wearing masks and face shields . All staffs at the malls

( in all stores ) are wearing masks and face shields as well as rubber gloves  . I was wearing mask and disposable rubber gloves and no one bat an eyelid .

Tables at restaurants have clear partitions

separating the diners . Even if you go together as a couple you will have to sit behind your own partition on the same table.

A table of 4 will only have 2 seats available as per social distancing guideline. Bars and clubs are still close until further notices .

Sales of alcohol are banned in restaurants ( available to take home only ).

When you go into a restaurants, stores , malls you must check in / out with QR codes and you can submit reviews of whether or not the promises are following the government's

health / safety guidelines .

This is the new normal here 

Amazing organisation  👏

12 minutes ago, XXL said:

Amazing organisation  👏

It feels like something you would see in a movie but the surreal part is that you are actually living it 😷

5 hours ago, Suedehead said:

Sounds good to me - other countries should follow suit but clearly that's not the aim for countries like the UK where I live! 

It's terrible indeed

The UK government has just added lack of sense of taste and smell to the list of official symptoms related to COVID 19   :semifunny:

Two months after the WHO enlisted them in their guidelines. Talk about swift response. I really feel sorry for the Brits about the shambolic way this Johnson Cabinet is dealing with the whole situation. Track and Trace is well below the government expectations and promises, opening primary schools in England as early as June the 1st, when a proper lockdown was never actually implemented to begin with and it started a full two weeks after most other European countries

The care home situation, unions and teachers/parents associations disagreeing with the government on the school front. Why are they treating the UK like some kind of second world country? It is the first democracy in Europe, historically speaking, and it's going to the pits

Stay Alert from Stay Home  :lmao:

What the hell does that even mean?

Encouraging going back to work but increasing the congestion charge in London up to £15 per day, public transport discouraged yet most people rely on it in London to get to work, understandably

Beauty spots asking people NOT to come ...

It seems the idiots in power are desperate to mindlessly privilege the economic outlook rather than dealing with the major problem first and foremost, and dealing with it for real

Thank God for sensible politicians like Mrs Sturgeon, @Kim is so right about her. She's the only one in British politics making sense through and through. Intelligent, competent, she's got it all and she will take no bullshit

4 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

It feels like something you would see in a movie but the surreal part is that you are actually living it 😷

👍 IKR

Surreal indeed

In the end we're all going to pull through

I feel it

It's coming

4 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

I'm amazed in Los Angeles, where masks outside the home are mandatory, they are not worn. I'd say at least 50% of those jogging and walking and working and biking on my street have no face covering. You are more likely to be made fun of for wearing the mask.

Schools in FRANCE said they made a TERRIBLE MISTAKE reopening their school system. FRENCH SCHOOLS SHUT BACK DOWN TODAY after COVID-19 infections in the children reach Epidemic proportions!

7 hours ago, Butter9 said:

The club ? No . Clubs and bars will be in the very last phase of lockdown easing ( as well as boxing arena - we got a super spreader from there ) .

Sales of alcohol is still prohibited in restaurants as well. You can only buy them in supermarkets , liquor stores . 

EnragedLeadingFly-max-1mb.gif

3 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

Schools in FRANCE said they made a TERRIBLE MISTAKE reopening their school system. FRENCH SCHOOLS SHUT BACK DOWN TODAY after COVID-19 infections in the children reach Epidemic proportions!

A cautionary tale for England

June the 1st

6 to 11 year olds

All wrong

10 hours ago, XXL said:

👍 IKR

Surreal indeed

In the end we're all going to pull through

I feel it

It's coming

Major airlines like Qatar , Air Asia and even Thai Airways ' flight attendants will be wearing hazmat suits with goggles and masks .

5 hours ago, horn said:

Don't ask anymore ....

5 hours ago, Butter9 said:
10 hours ago, horn said:
18 hours ago, Butter9 said:

The club ? No . Clubs and bars will be in the very last phase of lockdown easing ( as well as boxing arena - we got a super spreader from there ) .

Sales of alcohol is still prohibited in restaurants as well. You can only buy them in supermarkets , liquor stores . 

Don't ask anymore ....

:rotfl: 

17 hours ago, XXL said:

A cautionary tale for England

June the 1st

6 to 11 year olds

All wrong

It's horrifying to think that school leaders who are suppose to protect children put them in such danger. I'm a kindergarten teacher in NJ and I'm grateful we are closed for the remainder of the school year. We have been told that we will re-open in September, but that seems to be quite unlikely considering all the children who have become ill with a covid like syndrome. I work in an area that became a hot spot so it would be a big risk to re-open without major changes in effect.

19 hours ago, Butter9 said:

Major airlines like Qatar , Air Asia and even Thai Airways ' flight attendants will be wearing hazmat suits with goggles and masks .

Great  👍

11 hours ago, karbatal said:

But not Eton

Their kids are more valuable, apparently

Of course

Rather transparent

The shambolic way the Johnson government has been handling all of this from the start is scary and pathetic at the same time. There are no words. They are trying to impress people with the furloughing scheme extended till October, yet major companies such as Ryanair, British Airways and Rolls Royce in Derby have already announced thousands of job cuts

What they should have done was to impose an Italian/Spanish/French style lockdown from early March, rather than filling their mouths with "listening to the science" (which science?), "herd immunity" and nonsense like that. Then the care homes issue ...

Now they talk about reopenings as if they'd made some gigantic effort to begin with when in fact it's the total opposite

If this is the same approach they're going to adopt over the finalisation of Brexit the UK is truly fucked sadly

And don't get me started on that Patel (an immigrant herself) immigration point-based system, ludicrous. There are no Englanders willing to do certain jobs anymore, but they are deaf, and it seems this pandemic has made them even more deaf

5 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

It's horrifying to think that school leaders who are suppose to protect children put them in such danger. I'm a kindergarten teacher in NJ and I'm grateful we are closed for the remainder of the school year. We have been told that we will re-open in September, but that seems to be quite unlikely considering all the children who have become ill with a covid like syndrome. I work in an area that became a hot spot so it would be a big risk to re-open without major changes in effect.

I couldn't agree more with you

Here in Italy it's been decided three months ago that all schools and universities wouldn't reopen till after the summer. I mean, what would anyone prove by setting a June date when society is not out of the sanitary woods yet? It's utterly idiotic and juvenile. Same with the fake vaccine announcements when in reality there's nothing concrete yet

How can a five or six year old understand social distancing is beyond me.

These people don't give a fuck about public health despite their incompetent, lying and overpaid public health task forces. They are scrambling because they're only thinking about the financial and economic outlook, failing to realise that it's much worse to have two emergencies at the same time rather than dealing with the major issue first but dealing with it thoroughly and properly

_112289208_gettyimages-1212156018-1.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52737169

A trial to see whether two anti-malarial drugs could prevent Covid-19 has begun in Brighton and Oxford.

Chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine or a placebo will be given to more than 40,000 healthcare workers from Europe, Africa, Asia and South America.

All the participants are staff who are in contact with Covid-19 patients.

US President Donald Trump was criticised this week after he said he had been taking hydroxychloroquine, despite warnings it might be unsafe .

The first UK participants in the global trial are being enrolled on Thursday at the Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals and the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford.

They will be given either hydroxychloroquine or a placebo for three months. At sites in Asia, participants will be given chloroquine or a placebo.

These are the first of a planned 25 UK sites, with results expected by the end of the year.

The trial is open to anyone delivering direct care to coronavirus patients in the UK, as long as they have not been diagnosed with Covid-19.

It will test whether the drugs can prevent healthcare workers exposed to the virus from contracting it.

Beneficial or harmful

One of the study's leaders, Prof Nicholas White at the University of Oxford said: "We really do not know if chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine are beneficial or harmful against Covid-19."

But, he said, a randomised controlled trial such as this one, where neither the participant nor the researchers know who has been given the drug or a placebo, was the best way to find out.

"A widely available, safe and effective vaccine may be a long way off," said Prof Martin Llewelyn from Brighton and Sussex Medical School, who is also leading the study.

"If drugs as well-tolerated as chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine could reduce the chances of catching Covid-19, this would be incredibly valuable."

The drugs can reduce fever and inflammation and are used as both a prevention and a treatment for malaria.

Hydroxychloroquine regulates the body's immune response and is also used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and Lupus - an inflammatory disease caused by an overactive immune system.

Lupus charities in the UK and US have raised concerns that demand for the drug associated with coronavirus could threaten the supply for patients who already rely on it.

The drug gained attention after US President Donald Trump suggested it may be beneficial, and this week said he was taking hydroxychloroquine to ward off coronavirus.

2 hours ago, XXL said:

The drugs can reduce fever and Inflammation ...

And so does Iboprufen. (okay only minimal with fever, but still). In fact there are tons of medication that do exactly that. Are they going to test those as well. Why are they hyping Hydroxyclorochine that much? Because the orange clown in White House is on a marketing campaign. BTW I do not for a second believe he is taking it. And it's a perfect situation (as long as he doesn't catch Covid-19). He can run around and claim there is no harm in taking Hydroxychloroquine. 

14 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

And so does Iboprufen. (okay only minimal with fever, but still). In fact there are tons of medication that do exactly that. Are they going to test those as well. Why are they hyping Hydroxyclorochine that much? Because the orange clown in White House is on a marketing campaign. BTW I do not for a second believe he is taking it. And it's a perfect situation (as long as he doesn't catch Covid-19). He can run around and claim there is no harm in taking Hydroxychloroquine. 

What astounds me is that the UK is going ahead with those trials despite the fact that everyone from the FDA to the international media have slammed Trump over his claims about this anti malaria drug. I don't get it, so many contradictions between scientists, public health experts and medical associations themselves

Meanwhile drug company AstraZeneca has announced it can manufacture a billion doses of a potential, supposedly imminent vaccine just for the UK and the US.

Apparently they have a deal with the Oxford University team already. Bizarre. So much confusion

It's clear that some pharma will get incredibly rich and USA is the country where pharma is more powerful, in detriment of public health. Let's wait for the vaccine being made in the USA and be ready for a multimillion spending from all countries once it's available. 

But of course it would be sp great if it was found in some other country :chuckle:

17 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It's clear that some pharma will get incredibly rich and USA is the country where pharma is more powerful, in detriment of public health. Let's wait for the vaccine being made in the USA and be ready for a multimillion spending from all countries once it's available. 

But of course it would be sp great if it was found in some other country :chuckle:

👍

Queen Debi has spoken

https://www.explica.co/debi-mazar-recovered-from-the-coronavirus-says-that-in-the-us-we-are-not-going-to-end-well

I think Spain and Italy will recover before the United States does because, almost all the time, they ordered the entire country to be closed while here we have a government that is not really doing anything. Some states have already opened bowling alleys. Right now we really need a bowling alley, it’s just great … “he said sarcastically.

“I’m really nervous because I know that in the US we are not going to end well. And (the coronavirus) will continue to circulate because we have not closed borders between states, people will continue to travel … I don’t know when we will see the end of this situation” , the actress regretted.

Mazar (New York, 1964), who said he was already feeling well and in strong spirits after testing positive for COVID-19 in March, now brings to the United States. “Arde Madrid”, a successful and prestigious Spanish series created by Paco León, which can be seen from tomorrow on the MHz CHOICE platform, and where the actress brings to life a myth of the likes of Ava Gardner.

Last week ET interview via Daily Fail

I live in New York and you can't get tested here anymore,' the Entourage beauty said. 'Tests are not available even though they say they are, they're not. They won't be giving me a COVID test. I don't have any symptoms.'

She added that she's been consuming 'immune boosters like zinc and oregano oil' in her battle back to health, and has also used 'medicine that they were using a lot in China to help people recover.'

If the clinical trial shows that hydroxychloroquine is harmful, it will be important to convince the stupid cheetos to continue taking it and even to double the dose. 

But, well, in reality, he is lying as usual and he is not taking the medication that is contraindicated with his Aguilera's spray tan and his McDonald diet.

2 hours ago, XXL said:

What astounds me is that the UK is going ahead with those trials despite the fact that everyone from the FDA to the international media have slammed Trump over his claims about this anti malaria drug. I don't get it, so many contradictions between scientists, public health experts and medical associations themselves

Meanwhile drug company AstraZeneca has announced it can manufacture a billion doses of a potential, supposedly imminent vaccine just for the UK and the US.

Apparently they have a deal with the Oxford University team already. Bizarre. So much confusion

I'm glad, I'm not the only one who thinks that something strange is going on in the UK. Ever since the decided to leave the EU, they basically became the lapdog of the U.S.. And watching BBC International often feels like watching state television of the Tory government. It's borderline propaganda. Not that they hype the UK but their reporting always seems to leave out the positives and success of other countries. They are not telling the full story. But why? To hide that the UK is in a shitty place with Covid-19 and being finally out of the EU at the end of the year without having any major trade deals with the EU and the US?

And don't get me started on those pharma companies. Have you realized how recently some of them have all those good news about a vaccine (in phase 1 of testing, which basically means nothing). Maybe someone should investigate what's going on at the stock exchange whenever those news break. I would not be surpised if this is all used for market manipulation. "Blue Horsehoe loves Anacott Steel".